Super Smash Bros. 4

Sakurai's intent wasn't t' be a dick nor be spiteful... or at least not in a negative manner. I've seen a quote floatin' 'round with Sakurai sayin' Wii Fit Trainer was one'a those characters that literally had no votes on polls (probably wasn't on any polls neither), and chose 'er 'cause of that.

Speakin' of, Villager gettin' in despite not havin' fighting potential (which ain't the same as moveset potential) does kind'a implode our opinions that certain characters will simply never get in. No one expected either'a these characters, nor were either highly requested to my knowledge. And most importantly, two characters with very strange moveset potential seem like they fit right in despite this, showin' if Sakurai wants a character in he can sure as **** make it happen seamlessly.

I still think the only reason why Wii Fit Trainer got in is because it was so easy to make. With most of the animation already done, all they had to do was choose which ones they wanted and apply hitboxes.

They have the 3D model and animation already
Of course it wont be extremely easy but it will be easier then most.
Most of the work is already done

Now I'm no expert on making games or anything, but I'm almost 100% positive they had to re-animate all of Wii Fit Trainer's moves, despite them being identical to the game itself. Of course they had a solid reference to go off of, but they didn't just rip the animations from the game and put them in Smash. Trust me, it would look VERY choppy, and that's a no go for our main man Sakurai.

After watching the game play video of all the characters, though, I've grown very fond of the Villager and even Wii Fit girl. I still don't think either would be mains, but I do random a whole lot, and these two are characters I wouldn't mind getting.

So despite the anything can happen video they just showed us, I believe these two are the last we'll see of "WTF Characters." Sakurai probably just wanted to emphasize them in the first trailer for shock value, and perhaps even to see for himself how the reactions turn out.

So who's next? My biggest money is on Little Mac and Chrom (or at least an Awakening rep.) We see both a boxing arena AND Arena Ferox as stages in the trailers and screenshots, and I believe that's a good enough hint. I also believe Pit's moveset change to Uprising gives Palutena more possibility points, as I kinda feared before that if they didn't change Pit's moveset it would mean Sakurai was not taking Uprising into account as far as Smash is concerned, effectively ruining my favorite goddess's chances.

Last edited:
tumblr_mo9gtqC1ZX1rhg2efo1_500.png

tumblr_mo9gtqC1ZX1rhg2efo2_250.png
tumblr_mo9gtqC1ZX1rhg2efo3_250.png
tumblr_mo9gtqC1ZX1rhg2efo4_250.png

I...I literally just spit all on my screen. I really should have seen this coming, though, I'm ashamed of myself for being caught even a little off guard.

Now I'm no expert on making games or anything, but I'm almost 100% positive they had to re-animate all of Wii Fit Trainer's moves, despite them being identical to the game itself. Of course they had a solid reference to go off of, but they didn't just rip the animations from the game and put them in Smash. Trust me, it would look VERY choppy, and that's a no go for our main man Sakurai.
Not saying it was very easy, just saying they were very resourceful.
I am pretty sure it wont be hard to transfer the models. Brawl texture hackers do it. Sure it will probably be tweaked a lot but the model is still there and all of the animation.
Sakurai said they put Samus in from Other M. They just detailed it.

Also with a Pac-man TV series coming out, does this increases the chances of Pac-man getting into Smash 4?

Last edited:
Fighters do not get in because the devs were lazy and it was easy to make.

secondkarp.png

Also with a Pac-man TV series coming out, does this increases the chances of Pac-man getting into Smash 4?

I hope not...

So I'm assuming there will be more characters announced on a later date. Do we know when we can expect those?

Sakurai said something about updating the site weekly, right? I know this doesn't necessarily mean new character reveals, but maybe we'll start getting a lot more information on the game now.

Back