Wiimote usage for Brawl:

Z: shield
C: grab
B: B attack
A: A attack
Control Stick up/D pad down, right and left: jump
D pad up: taunt
+/-: pause
1 and 2: could be used for transformations for characters like Link to turn to Wolf Link, and Zelda to Sheik and will have a new attack for down B
Wiimote and Nunchuk motion capabilities: for the Super Smash attacks seen in the videos. just imagine slashing your wiimote as if it was Link's sword in his Super Smash Attack.

and also think about wave-dashing; it would be really easy to perform with thses controls and with one hand only! so it can't be impossible that they put these controls for newcomers to the franchise, and if you don't like it then just get the freaking GC controller..I will be using these controls to get accustomed to them and beat everyone with them.

THANK YOU! God this topic is so annoying and pointless. Of course its going to use the Wiimote. Its probably going to use the Classic controller as well. In fact I'll be surprised if it uses the GC controller at all because its not part of the Wii hardware at all. Like doesn't it have to be GC Mode to actually recognize the GC Controller? I'm not an expert but thats what I thought was going on. Anyways as long as it uses the Wiimote I'll be happy.

There will more than likely be a wiimote control scheme but i know that there will be uses of the classic controller and probably the gamecube and thats what the creators of the game want people to use. if you guys want to see the article where i read that then let me know and i will scan it and let you all see it. but then again if i happen to be wrong and there is just a wiimote control scheme then i probably wont play the game that much

I bet there's going to be the funcionality of the Wiimote and it will be almost exactly as I have posted above

My Guess Is That They Will Use The Virtual Console Controller Possibly. It May Work. Why Not?

laderer5 said:
My Guess Is That They Will Use The Virtual Console Controller Possibly. It May Work. Why Not?
The classic controller? That's what they will be using. The GCN controller will just be another option. But as far as gamepads go, the classic controller is sort of like the "official" gamepad for the wii.

the only way to find out the truth is to wait for Nintendo to announce it say SSBB is going to use the _______________

Gamecube, which is a good thing. If its one game that i dont want the wiimote to even think about touching it SSBB. I think thisis for the best, along with the nintendo classics, the new FPS, racing games, sports games, ect. We need some old games from gamecube even though your making new ones.

MasterJedi2U said:
THANK YOU! God this topic is so annoying and pointless. Of course its going to use the Wiimote. Its probably going to use the Classic controller as well. In fact I'll be surprised if it uses the GC controller at all because its not part of the Wii hardware at all. Like doesn't it have to be GC Mode to actually recognize the GC Controller? I'm not an expert but thats what I thought was going on. Anyways as long as it uses the Wiimote I'll be happy.

no, some wii games will be usingthe GC/classic controler with wii game disks.

amen amen amen, i have been preaching that for weeks now and you are the first person to agree with me. THANK YOU

This may be true but as i said b4 y make a new console with games (if only a few) that use only the technology from the predecessor. It makes no sense:crazy:

Wiitendo said:
no, some wii games will be usingthe GC/classic controler with wii game disks.

So name a few CURRENT Wii games that are using the Gamecube controller then. I highly doubt there are ANY. Yes I know some of the games are using the Classic Controller. Thats fine. It was designed for them as well as the Wiimote so if people want to use the Classic thats okay but in my opinion its backwards and dumb. I'll be using the Wiimote and Nunchuk and enjoying it.

Back