super smash bros brawl controller

Axtlar said:
teh game will use both controllers: the Wii mote and nunchuck, and the Gamecube controller, and probably the Classic one too..I mean think about it..not everyone wanting to buy the Wii and Brawl is going to have a Gamecube, so therefore they, being noobs in the game will have to play with the Wiimote. and I will get used to it too. when that news get announced I will be there, saying to you ppl who don't believe me: "see, I told you!"
I agree ive played both the original and melee at friends places but never had the chance to get the console and game. Mainly because my parents think that the previous nintendo console games have been to expensive, and also wont let me buy a console for one game no matter how good it is. I managed to get the family to decide to get the wii and im glad i did.:thumbsup:

SSBB Meta Knight said:
I agree ive played both the original and melee at friends places but never had the chance to get the console and game. Mainly because my parents think that the previous nintendo console games have been to expensive, and also wont let me buy a console for one game no matter how good it is. I managed to get the family to decide to get the wii and im glad i did.:thumbsup:

I'm glad you did also, the Wii is awesome, just by being on the channels I have alot of fun, Virtual Consoles, etc. and I'm waiting for Brawl.

If you really think that Nintendo is going to force all the brand new Wii owners to go out there and buy GC controllers to play a brand new game on a brand new system you seriously have issues. I don't doubt that they will make it possible to use GC controllers to play the game. But some of you actually think that the Wii Remote and Nunchuk won't be used at all and thats completely bogus. I for one will be glad to use the new style since it will give me more freedom. You just use the nunchuk to go move around and the A and B buttons on the Remote to do Smash Moves and Special attacks. Z for shield. The D Pad wasn't really necessary in Melee. And maybe some special motions w/ the remote will allow you to do other things...who knows? But I do strongly believe that it will vastly increase the fun of the game if not make it more interesting and I'm a HUGE fan of the series. Peach, Ganondorf, and Zelda/Sheik had better be in it...:thumbsup:

Last edited:
I totally agree with you and yeah don't worry every character in Melee will be in Brawl except the clones(excludig Ganondorf and Falco of course)..also I wanted to comment that the D-pad may be used for jumping or maybe you'll be able to jump by flicking the mote or chuck..and also what about the new special moves? isn't it obvious you'll use the remote to slash in Link's special attack? duh people think

I think in SSBM you just moved the Analog button up to make the characters jump. I'm at school right now without my Wii :)mad: ) so I'm suffering from Smash withdrawl but the bottom line is that it won't be too complicated to learn the new system/moves. Already I can't imagine not playing a FPS like the way I played Red Steel or doing an adventure unlike LoZ: Twiling Princess. And if Nintendo did what some people are claimin they're going to do that would be like taking 10 steps forward and then 20 steps backwards...completely illogical if you ask me.

i wont touch the remote for that game i mean i love it more than any controller i have ever held but SSBB is just a game that needs traditional play. it has been said that nintendo plans on making games that use the classic controller over the remote so we will see

alright i can settle this now i just read something about this in gamepro. in issue 221 febuary 2007 in an article about SSBB they said that nintendo said that the game will use the classic controller and the gamecube and infact nintendo told the developers thats how they wanted it. so i guess this settles the arguement

Belmont said:
alright i can settle this now i just read something about this in gamepro. in issue 221 febuary 2007 in an article about SSBB they said that nintendo said that the game will use the classic controller and the gamecube and infact nintendo told the developers thats how they wanted it. so i guess this settles the arguement
can you show a link for this? Sorry I just tend not to believe people on forums unless they provide a link...too many rumors goin around

You people are all missing the point... it the controls in brawl are goin to be bad well u always have melee to fall back on... and the only thing wrong with melee is online play.

Yeah I don't believe the whole thing about GC controllers to play a Wii game...its ridiculous and makes NO SENSE. I mean really you expect Nintendo to not make the game at least compatible with the Wii Remote? If that turns out to be the case and thats a very BIG if I'll admit I was wrong but I just don't see that happening. And if The Big N does do that I'm gonna call to complain because its stupid. I bought the system in order to take gaming to the next level.

Confirmed: Your are going to be able to use the Wii-Mote for SSBB. It's all personal preferance about how you want to play the game. They are trying to implement special functionality for the Wii-Mote for those people who like to take gaming to the "Next Level", MasterJedi2U. You can use the original GC style gameplay, though there might be some changes....doubtful.

Summed up- YOU CAN USE THE WII-MOTE TO PLAY OR THE GC CONTROLLER!!

Sorry if i was rude.

P.S. Melee is online capable, if you do some searching around the internet there is a "Seemingly" complicated process of setting this up. You need to get a special memory card.... download special programs... download to the memory card... load to GC... set up stuff... search for people to play with. VERY BIG UPSIDE. Any multi-player game is capable of online play for the GC with this program. If your dedicated to playing online with the GC even though the wii is out i say go for it.

Last edited:
hey sorry no link but you can go out and buy the magazine or if you give me your email address i will scan and email you the article. and tags are you stupid brawl is going to be the best wii game just like melee was the best GC game.

It is cofirmed? where can I see this? and if it is I'm gonna laugh at alot of people who told me that it wasn't true, I knew all the time that they would make it Wiimote compatible, duh people! of course it was going to be, is it too much work for Nintendo to make function of the Wiimote as they are making it for GC and Classic controllers? no

when i get back to my dorm room i will just post the article so i can show you all that i know what i am talking about

Back