super smash bros brawl controller

Nintendo won't make SSBB only playable with a GC controller. They will definitely optimise it for the Remote and Nunchuk, and at least include the option of using the Classic Controller.

It just doesn't make sense to expect Wii owners to have a GC controller.

im not saying i am right cause i cant remember where i read this but i am pretty sure the developers said that it wont be using the remote and nunchuk. i am pretty sure i read that in a nintendo power. and really i mean they still make GC controllers and the wii plays GC games so i dont see why they could not make us buy more GC controllers and i know i wont complain they are cheaper and well i already have 4 of them

Belmont said:
im not saying i am right cause i cant remember where i read this but i am pretty sure the developers said that it wont be using the remote and nunchuk. i am pretty sure i read that in a nintendo power. and really i mean they still make GC controllers and the wii plays GC games so i dont see why they could not make us buy more GC controllers and i know i wont complain they are cheaper and well i already have 4 of them

I also have 2 GC controllers, but thats not the point. Nintendo are smart enough to not go backwards. Buying last generation accessories to play next generation games is ridiculous, and there is no way in hell Nintendo would do that.

I just bought two classic controllers for Contra and Mario Kart. I think Nintendo will just release a bunch of good multiplayer VC titles before SSBB is released and everyone will have GC or classics soon enough to play those. No more worries.

I think they could make it so that you can use a GC or classic for the best experience, but allow you to use remote + nunchuk to play as well. If you're holding both of them you have a joystick, four "buttons" aka d-pad, and triggers. Then you wouldn't be forced to buy anything, and you can always force one of your friends to use that setup as the third or fourth controller. The same friend that always had to use the third party controller that your grandma got you for Christmas.

i know that if they make it just a remote and nunchuk game i will be like super upset. i mean i love the remote and nunchuk but SSBB is a game that cannot use those and make it better than original play.

Belmont said:
i know that if they make it just a remote and nunchuk game i will be like super upset. i mean i love the remote and nunchuk but SSBB is a game that cannot use those and make it better than original play.
Thank u..I kno!!!!!:yesnod:

Belmont said:

You wouldn't complain, but those of us without a Gamecube might.

Personally, though my friend has sort of clued me in to how complex the control system is for the game, I don't see why people would have such a huge issue with the wiimote and nunchuck. Although it certainly does seem like a shift in a direction that would be completely different for current SSBB players, but it also doesn't seem like it would be a shift in a BAD direction, just different.

I don't know....I haven't really played the game extensively, so perhaps I just don't get it, but I wouldn't mind someone explaining, in a certain amount of depth, why they would be so reluctant to use a controller setup on the Wii like the fictional, although plausible, setup seen here

i have put in more that 1000 hours on the game and i dont know i would just be disappointed with using the remote. the game is a button smasher where anyone young to old can play and not even think about it. although for those that have played it alot its actually a complex game if you want to be really good at it. i just think for that game the control for the remote would be to complex for a 5 year old or a nongamer to pick up and play. thats why i would be extreamly disappointed it they used it. and i just like the way it plays on a normal controller they have i mapped perfectly already and well if it is not broken dont fix it.

Belmont said:
i have put in more that 1000 hours on the game and i dont know i would just be disappointed with using the remote. the game is a button smasher where anyone young to old can play and not even think about it. although for those that have played it alot its actually a complex game if you want to be really good at it. i just think for that game the control for the remote would be to complex for a 5 year old or a nongamer to pick up and play. thats why i would be extreamly disappointed it they used it. and i just like the way it plays on a normal controller they have i mapped perfectly already and well if it is not broken dont fix it.

I agree i love the control scheme they had for SSBM but it does suck to people who no longer have a GC and need to go out and buy controllers to play quite possibly the best Wii title in its lifespan. i would say that SSBM was the best title for the GC, and i wouldn't really expect any less from this version. I am just tired of having to buy controller after controller for my Wii.

yeah i know that feeling but then again kept my GC stuff cause well i know i would miss it and i had read that they may use the controllers for SSBB. i am going to try to find that artical this weekend and post it when i get back home and can look through my collection of nintendo power

i used to have a GC with a bunch of controllers...two wavebirds which was great....then my place got broken into and it was all stolen, thats why i have no GC controllers.

teh game will use both controllers: the Wii mote and nunchuck, and the Gamecube controller, and probably the Classic one too..I mean think about it..not everyone wanting to buy the Wii and Brawl is going to have a Gamecube, so therefore they, being noobs in the game will have to play with the Wiimote. and I will get used to it too. when that news get announced I will be there, saying to you ppl who don't believe me: "see, I told you!"

Back