Super Smash Bros Brawl Controllers

NintendoWiiMASTER said:
people who think the game should be ran with wiiremote are noobs... theres no question about, they dont no how to wave dash they dont know how to get Fair combos and Uair combos there flat out noobs, once they go to wikipedia and look it up they may try and bash me but there still noobs, u cant play that game with a wii remote unless all u do it punch them and pick up items, learn the game and than re-post :mad2: :mad: dont talk about stuff you have no clue about makes me soooo mad :mad2: :mad::mad2: :mad:

if you still think im wrong tell me how u can play like this on a wiimote...
YouTube - Captain Jack(Shiek) vs EK(Marth) 7 its impossible
What speed were they playing at? (If i remember correctly, you can change the speed)

Yes the game will use gamecube controllers but some mini-games should be able to be played with the wii-mote

you can find 3rd party gamecube controllers for what??? $3 a pice comon now...

but if you want top of the line try getting Wavebirds for $20-$28

Thats bullshit.

Iwata said:
That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to.

So that means you can also play with the Wiimote.

Alright, you know that practically everyones going to play SSB multiplayer right? im not takling about online, im talking about 4 other people in the same room battling it out. now, why would nintendo, knowing not everyone had a GC, make someone who bought a Wii, probably bought 2-3 extra wiimotes/nunchucks, maybe even a classic controller, buy ANOTHER controller. and im not just talking about one controller, im talking about 4, because you obviously need 4 controllers to kick your other friends ass's.

and yea, there at $3 third party controllers, but they feel crappy and break easily, not from being thrown around (i take GOOD care of my electronics), but just from normal use. Hell, my $20 spiderman PS2/XBox controllers crapped out after a year, and i dont even play that much :/. So if anything I'd buy the official Nintendo controllers. Then Nintendo would have to remanufacture many controllers because its obvious there will be shortages, and they wouldnt let 3rd party companies make more money than they could. But Nintendo already announce that it's not making any more GC controllers right?

so wheres all the logic in this? The only SMART solution i see is that they either use the classic controller, or the wiimote/nunchuck.

I'm just sayin...

-SpideyKonfusion :p

linkzeldagame sum 1 who actually knows what there talking about :thumbsup: well done

ABC no they wont the game creater said NO so no i don't "got that?"

Under the direction of series creator Masahiro Sakurai, Super Smash Bros. Brawl will feature classic, GameCube-style combat -- not Wii-style motion-controlled combat. That means players who prefer to play the game with the traditional control setup can look forward to using the GameCube control-style they're already accustomed to.

"We found that trying to implement too much motion-sensory functionality can get in the way of the game. We're looking at keeping the control simple, as it has been," said Sakurai(<-- game designer *note* my name issnt Sakurai). "The Wii hardware has sockets for the GameCube controller, too. So I'll just say now that you may not want to throw away your GCN controller yet."

what dont beleave me? ask my friend IGN IGN: Super Smash Bros. Brawl Preview

This board is just rife with smart people.

That means that we are smarter XD.

By the way the devs are thinking logically - they use some common sense in thinking about how to make the game easier for the players - by sticking with the GC controllers.

i suppose movements would be done via the nunchuck and attacking would be done by moving the wiimote in a direction for example in place of an "A" button attack a slight flick of the wrist to the right could suffice, it may not be as difficult as you think, it could add a whole lotta complexity and greater range of moves to the game :D

When you read the IGN article in the first post, it never says the game won't use the wiimote and nunchuk, it only says it won't use motion sensing. There are enough buttons on the wiimote and nunchuk to be able to replicate a gamecube style control scheme. So chances are it will use the wiimote.

Change is good... If not for change we wouldn't have this wonderful tech filled world at all. (Banging sticks and rocks?) I think the Wii and its new Wiimote will change the way we use technology, not just gaming. This debate on old VS. new (GC - Wii) is small in comparison to whats to come. So have your GC remote, because even though I am looking foward to SSBB (Snake...) It's not the reason I got a Wii. So lets not lose the forest through the trees. They did it again, Congrats gentlemen

Good Gaming...:thumbsup:

Just saying, it's unfair to expect your customer base to buy a new system, buy perhaps 3 more EXPENSIVE sets of controllersso they can play multiplayer (what little there is) with a few of their friends and then bring out a highly anticipated multiplayer game and suddenly "Whoops you need to buy 4 of our gamecube controllers, sorry about that" simply if it were me I wouldn't buy it, I'm not made of money. I still think they'll find a way of using the Wiimote and 'chuk.

By the way isn't wavedashing (I can do it but not to the level those crazy ass people in the video can) more of a glitch in the game? Or was it designed to enable that move, it looks like it takes advantage of a change in character movement with one action overriding the next.

Back