Super Smash Bros. Brawl will it be on wifi?

Wich new character is do YOU like best?

• Wario

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Pit

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Mechankight

• Snake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
andreas221 said:
what is the bluetooth remote?

Bluetooth is basically a wireless technology that enabled devices to communicate over short distances, unlike IR remotes a direct line of sight will not be required for the wiimote to function.

The bluetooth however is for the wiimote, not the wifi internet connection.

pit18 said:
Actually you know what would be even cooler is the fact if SSBB will be able to support huge stages online, where you can have more than four people battle at one time. Crazy just think like a 16 player battle on a huge course, great.
lol that would be amazing, and its 3d, so if you jump onto a new platform that look like a line from 1 view the camera rotates so its a new platform lol that would be sooo cool!:lol:

Actually from the looks of the trailer, it's still going to be a 2-D fighter with 3-D graphics. But it would still rock.

Well I think SSBB will have the Wi-Fi ... but my question is... if youy wanna play online there has to be a hot spot near to your house or something like that??

well...I guess you could use a hotspot, that might be tough. I have cable + a wireless router at my house so the Wii will be able to connect through that.

I'm pumped, I want to rock this game on the wifi connection all day. Try and beat everyone, though there is always someone better.

I think it would be a mistake not to put Wi-Fi for SSBB cuz that word make for a much better experience than Melee. As for the chracter i want to see in SSBB.............................isn't it obvious.

Oh, right. I forgot about that. However, it'd still be nice for 8 player, or 12, or gasp, 16 PLAYER battles!! Also, a lot of people have said they may system link wirelessly, but I've been thinking about another way to accomplish a sort-of-system-link strategy and this strategy would only need to be used if Nintendo doesn't allow direct communication between Wiis.

So, I'm just wondering if it would be possible for two, or actually however many Wiis, could connect to one WiFi access point? If you could share an access point, which is possible with laptops, then you could have friends over with multiple TVs and each person would be connected to the Internet, so it would be just like having a cord between them, right?

Sorry, I probably could have explained that better, but what do you/everyone think?

Also, and perhaps this is the wrong thread for this, or it's already been discusssed, but do you/does anyone think we're going to see a lot fewer 4 player games and more 2 player games because using the Wiimote/Nunchuk when playing split-screen for games like Red Steel would be very difficult unless you have a LARGE TV, right?

They have announced that SSBB will have online play, the thing they are having a hard time with is the "online ranking system", that is the thing they are thinking about not having.
check out SSBB over at gamespot and this is in one of the articles:

"Concerning Brawl's online functionality, Sakurai stated that no online ranking system would be implemented, though the recording of a win-loss record wasn't ruled out."

Hysteria said:
^ Yeah , they announced it a while ago, I'd love to play SSB with the Wi-Fi function. With a system like Wii, I don't think lag problems would occur that much.

It doesn't matter with the system. Let's just hope nintendo's servers they host the game on will be very reliable. Or maybe you will host your own room. I am not dissing WoW, but if this turns into one of those "Sorry we will be working on the server for 8 hours." things, it won't be fun.

run_@w@y said:
what is wi-fi? is it a wireless way to link up with other consoles right? its what the ds has isnt it

WiFi is the signal many devices use currently to connect to a hotspot or wireless router. It is the same way the DS connects to the internet. Not connecting to each other system. That is a different signal.

NateTheGreat said:
Oh, right. I forgot about that. However, it'd still be nice for 8 player, or 12, or gasp, 16 PLAYER battles!! Also, a lot of people have said they may system link wirelessly, but I've been thinking about another way to accomplish a sort-of-system-link strategy and this strategy would only need to be used if Nintendo doesn't allow direct communication between Wiis.

So, I'm just wondering if it would be possible for two, or actually however many Wiis, could connect to one WiFi access point? If you could share an access point, which is possible with laptops, then you could have friends over with multiple TVs and each person would be connected to the Internet, so it would be just like having a cord between them, right?

Sorry, I probably could have explained that better, but what do you/everyone think?

Also, and perhaps this is the wrong thread for this, or it's already been discusssed, but do you/does anyone think we're going to see a lot fewer 4 player games and more 2 player games because using the Wiimote/Nunchuk when playing split-screen for games like Red Steel would be very difficult unless you have a LARGE TV, right?
About the first thing, think practially. Do you actually think people are going to bring these big systems to each others houses with their own screens? I highly doubt it. The only way to battle between systems would probably be connecting to an access point. Many devices can connect to one access point. I think it would be much easier if everyone was at their own house. Many things connecting to one hotspot could lead to major lag and slow internet connections in general. It probably would work with a high speed connection, but the hastle of bringing your own TV would be pretty annoying.

Here's what I think in general about WiFi on SSBB:

All I see is a lag fest. Think of how they programmed Melee. The timing is very effective and efficient for the gameplay. There could be a millisecond difference in gameplay depending on who attacked first. Most games don't require expert timing and such because they aren't very demanding of timing. Now let's put this into internet terms. If one person lagged, the whole attacking would be thrown off and people would complain. I can't even imagine how horrible the connection would be between 16 players. All I see is lag chaos. While I think this is a great idea, could it also be a horrible disaster? What do you think?

why is a online ranking system so hard, if microsoft can do it, why can't nintendo do it. They also had a ranking system for the ds so i don't think it should be that hard. They can't just not implement it cuz its hard, just keep trying and trying until they get it right

This SSBB is definately going to be Wi-Fi because Nintendo wanted SSBB be the first game going into the Wi-Fi to show the online play. But that did not happen and the release date is not going to be a launch.

Back