Support Third Party In 08!

Budo said:
For the most part, I blame the Nintendo fans for this. No matter how crappy a game is, if it has Mario or some other iconic Nintendo figure, it will automatically get bought over another game of greater quality but of a lesser name. People talk about how Microsoft and Sony have fanboys, but the Nintendo fanboys literally are the worst of the bunch. If you take a mini-game collection, slap Mario and/or Sonic on it *cough*, it's going to sell a hell of a lot more than an actual game with a theme, that required some thought, and in turn requires thought to play.

Actually, the problem is that Nintendo is only company that cares to make a good game and people know that. Almost every game so far has been one to remember. I don't necessarily look for anything with the name Mario but I look for good games and everytime I look I see another game Nintendo spent time and effort producing for their loyal customers. The big problem is that Nintendo puts forth little effort assisting their Third Party producers.

This causes me to want to purchase Zack and Wiki. The reason I haven't mainly has to do with the name. It, to me, seemed like every other let down Third Party Game Companies have released.

Zack and Wiki was just an example, I realize it doesn't depend on one game.
It was just one of the better ones at there, thats why I mentioned it.

People still need to buy more of the third party games, clearly not enough people are doing it or we would have more support then what we are averaging now.

I agree with this article and certainly plan on gettin zack and wiki. Altough I might buy it second hand. Theres just so many other great titles releasing just after zack and wiki. No more money for those 2. Altough it looks like a great game.

I didnt knew so many developpers where watching this game.

CantGetAWii said:
Zack and Wiki was just an example, I realize it doesn't depend on one game.
It was just one of the better ones at there, thats why I mentioned it.

People still need to buy more of the third party games, clearly not enough people are doing it or we would have more support then what we are averaging now.
Well It's not just about how many people buy third party games, it has to do with the controller. Due to the novelty of the Wii-Mote it makes it hard to develop a good game, and even harder to port a good game.

Dzapper said:
Well It's not just about how many people buy third party games, it has to do with the controller. Due to the novelty of the Wii-Mote it makes it hard to develop a good game, and even harder to port a good game.

Thats not necessarily the case though, as many Developers have often said how they are intrigued by the Wiimote and would like making a game that utilizes its features. It was viewed more so as a novelty early in the consoles life, and after developers saw the potential in the system they opted out of making quick rushed money grabbers and strapped in for some better looking and playing titles which will come out this year at some point.

Sales is the big player in this, or one of the bigger one's at least.
Thats why we stopped seeing NHL games on the Gamecube (no NHL 07) because it didn't sell well, and thats why we have yet to see one on the Wii.

Already, Zack and Wiki has been removed from many retailer shelves.
Oh, snap.
Glad I picked it up then.

It's a fun game, but it will make your brain explode.
Not to mention it's $10 cheaper than most other games.
It warrants a purchase.

I really want Zack & Wiki, sadly i didnt get it for Christmas but as soon as i have some spare cash i'll pick it up.

Capcom seems to do quality work on the Wii so everyone should really buy their games and then it might encourage them to even bring a version of RE:5 to Wii as well. The next Capcom game that is a must have on my list (after Zack & Wiki) is Okami, i never played the PS2 version so im really looking forward to it on Wii.

Back