Sweet I Got Far Cry Today....

match002001

I'm like a ninja!
Jan 1, 2007
Austin, TX
Wii Online Code
1484-3381-6098-3781
Yeah that's what I was thinking when I rented it. I played it and the first thing I realized is that the graphics completely suck. Not only that but the game lags so much and the controls are all over the place. Very dissatisfied with how this game came out as it was kick ass on PC.

Man I'm so pissed I mean RedSteel was bad ass and still is yet Ubisoft had to screw Far Cry up just to balance out the ratings I guess.

So dissapointed....

yeah there are many negative reviews out there which put me off getting it.

Before people start yelling "graphics aren't everything" let me say that, while gameplay is much more important than graphics, the sheer crappiness of FarCry's graphics demonstrates the game quality overall. It demonstrates how rushed and badly thought out the game was. We're not expecting Xbox 360 graphics, but it should be at least GameCube quality (hell, some scenes could be done on an N64!).

YOu could tell Red Steel was well thought out -- it's the little things, like the destructive areas (shooting pipes and barrels and holes in walls never gets old!), and the various game play modes and, of course, multiplayer. FarCry ahs multiplayer, too, but it is not well implemented at all.

All those things show the developers were looking to create a great game, not just make money. FarCry seems like a cash grab to me. They know that if they release a well known franchise like FarCry early on, they are more likely to make a ton of cash on it, regardless of how bad it is.

dont anyone buy it.

Agreed I love it better on PC. I'm more of a WASD person myself ;)

Grant it the graphics aren't very great in this game ,but it isn't that bad i've played far worse. Course then again i never played the other versions. i guess i must be the only crazy person who enjoyed this game a decent amount except the ending.

Trust me and get on a decent PC and play Far Cry its way better

I liked Farcry on the Wii actually, only bad things i found was the cutscenes (HORRIBLE) and some choppyness at times. other then that i liked it. Could of done better of course tho, but thats what u get with rushed titles. O well. :)

Last edited:
dont forget the too many times dumb AI ,but it made all the more fun to get headshots on the idiots

HAHA I have to give it that much. Sometimes I wanted to puposefully throw my Wiimote at the TV because of that game though. So needless to say I'm not playing it anymore, But I think I might pick up a copy of Elebits today

I bought Red Steel. I love fps' but I'm finding it a little repetitive tbh. I may sell it and get Rayman.

Palms said:
I bought Red Steel. I love fps' but I'm finding it a little repetitive tbh. I may sell it and get Rayman.

hold off sellin git until you're at least 30-50% through the game. It gets a lot better with hugely varied environments. I can't begin to explain how much I hated Red STeel when I first got it, and nearly traded it in for COD, but boy does it get good.

Back