System setup pics???

Here's my setup. I just got the Samsung 56" DLP and the Sony receiver last month. My favorite part of this is the game rack, which is nice for keeping everything neat and easy to access. As you can see, I have a slight cable management issue :wtf:

Not quite sure what will happen when I get a PS3. It won't fit in the current PS2 space, but I can't unhook the original Xbox. I need it for my DDR dancepad and a few of my favorite games that are not yet compatible.

htsetuplabeledvx7.jpg

Last edited:
Well I was to embarrassed to post my setup before, but now I got a new TV and set it up a bit different so here it is.
img0524dd3.jpg

All it needs now is a PS3, which is coming soon.​

Here is my shitty PC setup. I'm not sure why I'm posting this. You can barely see my beautiful Mac over my ass ugly PC.
img0528hs9.jpg

Sporkfire said:
Here's my setup. I just got the Samsung 56" DLP and the Sony receiver last month. My favorite part of this is the game rack, which is nice for keeping everything neat and easy to access. As you can see, I have a slight cable management issue :wtf:

Not quite sure what will happen when I get a PS3. It won't fit in the current PS2 space, but I can't unhook the original Xbox. I need it for my DDR dancepad and a few of my favorite games that are not yet compatible.

htsetuplabeledvx7.jpg
that doesnt look like a 56 inch to me. ive got a samsung 56 inch DLP 1080p system and it dwarfs the size of my xbox when compared to it. when i look at your 360 and tv, the xbox looks like it would be the size of the game changer you have which is about as wide as half the screen. on my 56inch, i could fit about 4 xbox or cable boxes (same size) side by side under it. however it could just be the way im looking at it. ill post pics of mine when i get home later on today

Mitch2025 said:
that doesnt look like a 56 inch to me. ive got a samsung 56 inch DLP 1080p system and it dwarfs the size of my xbox when compared to it. when i look at your 360 and tv, the xbox looks like it would be the size of the game changer you have which is about as wide as half the screen. on my 56inch, i could fit about 4 xbox or cable boxes (same size) side by side under it. however it could just be the way im looking at it. ill post pics of mine when i get home later on today
Well, um, don't know what else to tell ya. Here's its listing at Amazon. It's about as wide as three standard 17" components. 17 x 3 = 51.

Works for me...

Screen is a Sharp 37" HD flat panel with wall mount. Presently using the A/V cables that came with the system, but have the Component cable upgrade (EDTV or 480P) on the way. For $10, it seems like a no-brainer. Will post my impressions of using the new cables after I get them hooked up.

What I like about the wall mount best is that it puts the game action at eye level.

If you look close, you can see the Wii bar on top of the screen and the thin cable running down the wall which I have to hide under my vertical bar that houses the rest of the screens cables. Couldn't be happier than I am with this setup.

bowl.jpg

wiisgood said:
Screen is a Sharp 37" HD flat panel with wall mount. Presently using the A/V cables that came with the system, but have the Component cable upgrade (EDTV or 480P) on the way. For $10, it seems like a no-brainer. Will post my impressions of using the new cables after I get them hooked up.

What I like about the wall mount best is that it puts the game action at eye level.

If you look close, you can see the Wii bar on top of the screen and the thin cable running down the wall which I have to hide under my vertical bar that houses the rest of the screens cables. Couldn't be happier than I am with this setup.

bowl.jpg
Did you make an error when typing that, because it really doesn't look like a 37". Maybe 27"? Or maybe I'm just an idiot. :crazy:

paintba||er said:

Did you make an error when typing that, because it really doesn't look like a 37". Maybe 27"? Or maybe I'm just an idiot. :crazy:

No, it's a 37". The show was taken around 8' from the screen. To "scale" the picture, the distance between the overhead beams is 5 1/2'.

To me, the screen works fine for action games such as bowling or golf, where I'm swinging my arms around. On the other hand, a bigger screen would be a little nicer. Anyway, it is what it is (37") in the 3 x 5 (wide screen) format. Below is a better picture of what I see when playing a game. Since I blew the picture up a bit, the resolution shown is degraded.

bowl1.jpg

Last edited:
Here are my pics:
my current gaming setup:
56" Samsung 1080p DLP
5.1 surround sound (360 isnt hooked up to it yet)
High Def cable box

100_1284.JPG

My current PC setup:
~9 year old monitor (max res is 1024x768 lol. got it with families first PC back in the Win95 days lol)
6 year old keyboard (best damn keyboard EVER)
4 year old mouse (best damn mouse EVER)
everything else is fairly new (desk is about 3 years but that doesnt matter)

100_1283.JPG

will change in the very near future as im moving everything into my basement in the next month

wii.jpg

Sony 36'' TV. I bought the TV and the TV stand for 240 from a buddy of mine who upgraded. Nothing special. I got a PS2 in there. I don't consider myself a big gamer. But I had to have the Wii. The PS2 gets fired up for MLB 07 The Show and World Series Of Poker once in awhile.

Mitch2025 said:
My current PC setup:
~9 year old monitor (max res is 1024x768 lol. got it with families first PC back in the Win95 days lol)
6 year old keyboard (best damn keyboard EVER)
4 year old mouse (best damn mouse EVER)
everything else is fairly new (desk is about 3 years but that doesnt matter)
will change in the very near future as im moving everything into my basement in the next month

Man, You're Kickin' It Old-School Aren't Ya?

538h269.jpg

54b7jfn.jpg

4ot7p5x.jpg

62fqwzq.jpg

6ard09l.jpg

click pics to see full pics,
also number 9 is a logitech sub

Last edited:
Back