The Battalion Wars 2 Thread! (wii)

I'll be passing on this game.

I used to really want it but it just doesnt seem to be worth my money anymore...

Not having a headset isnt helping my decision, either.

Last edited:
Everyone's complaining about a headset. It might be a good thing that there isn't one, so you won't hear 10 year old kids whining in the background that you just headshot'd them.

^In a tactical game like this?

I can't even imagine trying to plan an assault without being able to talk to my allies.

Secumfex said:
But again, BWii is a whole different game, I just say that would be easier to be compared with Battlefront 2 than with Battlefield 2.

haha we feel the same way about it than :) Saves me typing up a whole paragraph of explaining why you're wrong ( joking of-course )

Battalion wars tactical?

I wouldnt get youre hopes up. Sure in a 2 vs 2 it would be nice to know what youre opponent is doing or setting up tactics. But I doubt that it will only help with gettin factorys. Like making sure you dont go for the same factory or dock.

The video's dont seem that tactical. Its more like picking the right vehicle or weapon to counter youre opponent. And if you want to work together with youre opponent and havent got a headset, just follow his lead.

What is the news on split-screen for this game, is it there or not? Sorry if it was mentioned previously

As no one really knows I'm not going to rant about how 'once upon a time the gods of the internet gave us GOOGLE' and how it's such a wonderful thing (not that I'd do that anyway). It's probably going to be just like online except you're both on the same screen. Eg. In "Assault" one player simply defends a base while the other attempts to take/destroy the base in a time limit, "Skirmish" or no time limit is more for tactical depth with both players fighting each other using the most of the new features like bases to give a more thought through attack.

It'll have a LAN mode, too, btw.

Me 2 getting this, although sooner than christmas, if I can. At christmas, there are so many games I want, that I'm trying to reduce the list. Anyways, I'm off now, to my friends house (with a wiimote in my pocket:yesnod:)

JT. said:
Me 2 getting this, although sooner than christmas, if I can. At christmas, there are so many games I want, that I'm trying to reduce the list. Anyways, I'm off now, to my friends house (with a wiimote in my pocket:yesnod:)

I have many games on my Xmas list too. Although I just can not wait 22 days to get Brawl, so I'm pre ordering that myself.

this game will probably be my next Wii purchase!

looks sweet.

Sounds like it has a lot of aspects from the Advance Wars seires (which BW is based on) such as capturing factories etc.

so how does the online co-op work? Is it like you team up with someone and do story mode, or co-op battles online?

Last edited:
A dumb question, in this game can you build structures? or you just fight with the units you're given at the start of a fight? sry, I haven't played the first one.

Back