The Conduit First Review!!!

Nice find....I believe this will be the general concensus of The Conduit, that it is a good shooter but if it was on any other console it wouldn't be receiving as much attention. But I think IGN will come through with that 9.5 or above review that we are all hoping for.

IGN will give it a 133373335555/10 =/

I'm surprised. I was expecting at least a 9 from NP. An 8 is acceptable, but I'm going to have to read some more reviews before dropping $50 on it.

i don't really trust NP. i'll wait for a Game Informer review cause i usually agree with their scores. plus i'm subscribed so i don't have to pay for a copy considering i get it mailed to me :D

i don't really trust NP. i'll wait for a Game Informer review cause i usually agree with their scores. plus i'm subscribed so i don't have to pay for a copy considering i get it mailed to me :D
Yet you trust Game Informer?!?!?!

yes. game informer gives scores that i usually agree with when i play the game. for example: they gave Left 4 Dead a 9.25 they said its a great game but truley shines with friends. i played it and i completely agree. single player was fun but group play is where its at.

there are a few games i disagree with there scores, like Armored Core for Answer, they gave it a 6.25 while i think it should have gotten an 8

overall Game Informer hasn't let me down. NP though just seems like they're lying through there teeth for most of the scores

yes. game informer gives scores that i usually agree with when i play the game. for example: they gave Left 4 Dead a 9.25 they said its a great game but truley shines with friends. i played it and i completely agree. single player was fun but group play is where its at.

there are a few games i disagree with there scores, like Armored Core for Answer, they gave it a 6.25 while i think it should have gotten an 8

overall Game Informer hasn't let me down. NP though just seems like they're lying through there teeth for most of the scores

Well I wouldn't say they are lying through their teeth. But I do think NP's reviews do sound more mechanical (almost like an essay) while Game Informer's reviews sound more friendly and welcoming (almost like an e-mail). I never put too much emphasis on the score, generally what is said in the review is more important than the random number they pull out of their respective asses. Such as the example you gave with L4D, the fact that they point out the fun in Co-Op is much more important than the 9.25. If someone knows they have no online play and no friends to play it with, then that 9.25 means absolutely nothing to them.

I think most of the reviews will be in this area as well, it's not an earth shattering type of game in the gaming world. it's an FPS on a platform with a shortage of those and it has the most clear cut and definitive control set ever put into an FPS, but I don't think that's gonna be enough to give it a 10, although I can see a 9.5 from IGN, maybe 5 stars from Xplay, the rest are all haters anyway and will critque it as such.

Most reviewers are going to give the Conduit an 8.0 - 8.5. The only reviewers that will give it a score higher than that are the ones who prefers the Wiimote for FPS over analog stick or a mouse and I'm one of them.

Here are the trends for Nintendo Power on scoring for FPSes.

Call of Duty World at War
-Metacritic: 83
-Nintendo Power: 80

Metroid Prime 3
-Metacritic: 90
-Nintendo Power: 100

Call of Duty 3
-Metacritic: 69
-Nintendo Power: 65

Onslaught
-Metacritic: 66
-Nintendo Power: N/A

Medal of Honor Vanguard
Metacritic: 56
Nintendo Power: 60

Godwind-
You're forgetting that they do out of 10 so they can't do 83, they can only do 80.

I think most of the reviews will be in this area as well, it's not an earth shattering type of game in the gaming world. it's an FPS on a platform with a shortage of those and it has the most clear cut and definitive control set ever put into an FPS, but I don't think that's gonna be enough to give it a 10, although I can see a 9.5 from IGN, maybe 5 stars from Xplay, the rest are all haters anyway and will critque it as such.

Yeah I agree, I see many reviewers (who are Wii haters *cough* Gamespot *cough*) ready to slam this game with a 7.0 and say that it "doesn't do anything revolutionary". So what!? Ya kissed Halo's ass, it didn't do much new, ya kissed Bioshock's ass, it didn't do much new, and God Knows ya kissed Gears of War 2's ass!!! And it didn't do ANYTHING NEW!!! So ya might as well pucker up one more time and give The Conduit's ass a big wet one. Because it is looking to be far more innovative than any of those other games.

Yeah I agree, I see many reviewers (who are Wii haters *cough* Gamespot *cough*) ready to slam this game with a 7.0 and say that it "doesn't do anything revolutionary". So what!? Ya kissed Halo's ass, it didn't do much new, ya kissed Bioshock's ass, it didn't do much new, and God Knows ya kissed Gears of War 2's ass!!! And it didn't do ANYTHING NEW!!! So ya might as well pucker up one more time and give The Conduit's ass a big wet one. Because it is looking to be far more innovative than any of those other games.

So you've played all those games including the Conduit?

Back