The Conduit First Review!!!

well, the only thing innovative in Halo is the plasma grenade(in my opinion anyway) Halo was more story driven and whole it didn't do anything terribly new, it did everything perfectly.

never played Gears so i have no opinion

Bioshock did do new things, they just weren't big or important things.

Conduit so far doesn't seem to be doing anything more than giving the Wii a good FPS besides Metroid Prime 3. all the story stuff or wespons or enemy ideas all seem to be stuff we've seen before so far. when i get the game i wouldn't be surprised if the control was the only thing that surprised me. but i'll reserve my complete judgement gor when i get the game.

This is supposed to be a scan from a publishing warehouse but I can't really accept this as a legitimate review until the magazine is released. Not because i'd think that an 8.0 was a bad score but because there are a lot of fakes out there.

Saying that, I do think that the review would be quite accurate. The Conduit does look generic and if it was on another console it would just be another FPS in a sea of hundreds. On the Wii there isn't a mass of good FPS, so that elevates it to the top of the genre. I'm expecting a 9.0 from IGN and 8.0s elsewhere.

The Conduit's reign may not last too long though as Red Steel 2 is looking good, with those trailers that nobody thought were possible on the Wii turning out to be actual gameplay.

So you've played all those games including the Conduit?

I have played all of the games I listed in my post (I had a 360 before it red ringed on me, I played all of those games). I'm not saying they aren't good, in fact, I believe they are worthy of the praise they recieved. All I'm saying is that if they didn't get knocked for not being innovative, then The Conduit should not get knocked for it either. The Conduit is pushing the technical limits of this console to the bone something that doesn't happen everyday (on any console), so it is "looking" more innovative than them already. That's all I was saying.

I was thinking of pre-ordering but after reading this review, I'm not shure. I think I'll better wait for it to be released and see how it is received overall to decide if it worths the 48 or so bucks.

Godwind-
You're forgetting that they do out of 10 so they can't do 83, they can only do 80.

Divide the scores by ten. All the scores came from metacritic.

[DS]Leader;1027591 said:
I heard The Conduit has horrible multiplayer

That is the opposite of what is true. It is suppose to be more robust than most Wii games.

well, the only thing innovative in Halo is the plasma grenade(in my opinion anyway) Halo was more story driven and whole it didn't do anything terribly new, it did everything perfectly.

Halo is garbage.

There's this thing called Goozex. You get points for trading games. I traded Rockband and I got 1000 points. When Conduit comes out I will have enough points to get it. Just one problem, the gameplay does seem crappy.

I was thinking of pre-ordering but after reading this review, I'm not shure. I think I'll better wait for it to be released and see how it is received overall to decide if it worths the 48 or so bucks.

Still not convinced it is a genuine review. The scan looks a bit too tidy (very neat spine and folded corner) and metacritic haven't listed it as a review yet. Until the magazine is on the shelves it cannot be taken as being a true review.

There's this thing called Goozex. You get points for trading games. I traded Rockband and I got 1000 points. When Conduit comes out I will have enough points to get it. Just one problem, the gameplay does seem crappy.

GameTZ > Goozex

The Conduit does look promising, although, I'm little skeptical due to the hype, but we'll see when it launches.

Still not convinced it is a genuine review. The scan looks a bit too tidy (very neat spine and folded corner) and metacritic haven't listed it as a review yet. Until the magazine is on the shelves it cannot be taken as being a true review.

I can verify it's legit. I received my Nintendo Power issue a couple of days ago in the mail; that exact review is there.

they probably will in the next issue. i plan on posting the score along with the highs and lows of the review

Back