The Conduit First Review!!!

Anyone checked the Gamepro review, is completely awful (3 1/2). I blame Gamepro to let a Wii hater review a great Wii game like The Conduit.

Personally I consider a score no less than 9.5, but I pleased with IGN 8.6 score.

Why?

Becose for me The Conduit is far better than Halo3 and Halo:ODST. Just for better customisable controls and graphics as close any xbox360 standart game and an outstanding online multiplayer mode.

Well, not exactly. I do enjoy CoD more than Halo, but I just think in general that it takes too long to kill someone in normal modes. CoD does have all of the features that I mentioned, and it enhances the experience for me.

I also think it takes too long to kill someone in Killzone 2, but having that sprint button is nice. But you're partly right, I do think that in Core modes in Cod4 it takes just the right amount of bullets to kill someone.

Which do you prefer overall, Killzone 2 or COD4? A lot of PS3 owners seemed like they didn't care about the possibility of losing the COD series on PS3 because they had Killzone.

I've heard Perfect Dark mentioned in The Conduit's reviews so I think that I'll be picking it up tomorrow despite it sounding rather short and cliched. I doubt that it'll get big sales though because Sega doesn't seem to have promoted it much outside of regular gaming circles. If I was High Voltage I'd have insisted on having some TV spots as part of the publishing rights, i'm sure that would have boosted sales a lot.

Anyone checked the Gamepro review, is completely awful (3 1/2). I blame Gamepro to let a Wii hater review a great Wii game like The Conduit.

Personally I consider a score no less than 9.5, but I pleased with IGN 8.6 score.

Why?

Becose for me The Conduit is far better than Halo3 and Halo:ODST. Just for better customisable controls and graphics as close any xbox360 standart game and an outstanding online multiplayer mode.

Then, I guess you'll be hating a lot of review sites from now on.

sry i haven't been on guys i was on liek every day ketching up with my new wii. So from what iv seen of Conduit looks amazing some reviews are off. But i still need to play and see what it is really worth ;)

Why?

Stickmode that review was a JOKE!

Did you read it? All they did was bash the graphic's capability of the Wii. "The Conduit doesn't blow Goldeneye's graphics out of the water". Um what? Also they say "they did a great job of squeezing every last drop of performance out of the Wii's tiny, bumblebee-like engine." This "review" reads like it was done by a 14 year old fanboy. Its so unprofesional i cant believe what i read.

Ok we all know the Wii is not known for its graphic's but come on this game looks good.

Then they say

"The funny thing is, after wrestling with the terrible controls"

and in the same paragraph

"I will admit that the weapon aiming, a crucial aspect of FPS games that I've never really enjoyed on the Wii or any console game for that matter (I'm a diehard keyboard and mouse fan), is actually handled really well in The Conduit. I'd go so far as to say it's the best I've seen in a Wii title"

Wich one is it terrible controls or not?

Also i cant find the quotes where he says he didnt play the multiplayer but he didnt.

This is why Metacritic dosent work.

You really need to read these things ( Not You Stickmode i just re-read your post and know you read it ) and see what these reviewers are talking about. This guy was talking out of his F'in @ss.

IGN is the real deal. Well at least i have the same tastes as them. They have never steered me wrong.

Last edited:
Stickmode that review was a JOKE!

Did you read it? All they did was bash the graphic's capability of the Wii. "The Conduit doesn't blow Goldeneye's graphics out of the water". Um what? Also they say "they did a great job of squeezing every last drop of performance out of the Wii's tiny, bumblebee-like engine." This "review" reads like it was done by a 14 year old fanboy. Its so unprofesional i cant believe what i read.

Ok we all know the Wii is not known for its graphic's but come on this game looks good.

Then they say

"The funny thing is, after wrestling with the terrible controls"

and in the same paragraph

"I will admit that the weapon aiming, a crucial aspect of FPS games that I've never really enjoyed on the Wii or any console game for that matter (I'm a diehard keyboard and mouse fan), is actually handled really well in The Conduit. I'd go so far as to say it's the best I've seen in a Wii title"

Wich one is it terrible controls or not?

Also i cant find the quotes where he says he didnt play the multiplayer but he didnt.

This is why Metacritic dosent work.

You really need to read these things ( Not You Stickmode i just re-read your post and know you read it ) and see what these reviewers are talking about. This guy was talking out of his F'in @ss.

IGN is the real deal. Well at least i have the same tastes as them. They have never steered me wrong.

This is the reason why I never rely on review sites or preferences on other peoples' biases. If I have an interest in the game, I'll go on my system and directly download the demo and try it myself.

There are many gems out there with a rating between 65-70% range, it's just people overlook the actual game and simply read the score and base their opinion off of that number.

Why?

JUST for better customizable controls and graphics? So you think The Conduit is better than Halo 3 because it can almost look as good as a standard 360 game? :scared::wtf::crazy: Then customizable controls, wheres the deal in this? Do you mean because its on the Wii?

Yeah the graphics don't compare to 360 graphics. They're still very good for the wii though and I'm perfectly happy right now with my purchase. As far as Halo vs Conduit, they are very similar. Halo wins on graphics and polish because its been out for longer. I can't wait to see what The Conduit 3 would be like. But as far as controls go, wiimote beats dual analog anyday for pure aiming FPS control. Throwing grenades works surprising well but I'm going to remap the weapon thrust thing cause its hard to thrust at the right time and keep the remote straight when you're in a frantic battle.

After a few disconnects and frustration I finally got in some good games and they were fantastic fun. I may never go back to single player, the multiplayer is well worth $50 if you enjoy FPSes at all.

Which do you prefer overall, Killzone 2 or COD4? A lot of PS3 owners seemed like they didn't care about the possibility of losing the COD series on PS3 because they had Killzone.

I've heard Perfect Dark mentioned in The Conduit's reviews so I think that I'll be picking it up tomorrow despite it sounding rather short and cliched. I doubt that it'll get big sales though because Sega doesn't seem to have promoted it much outside of regular gaming circles. If I was High Voltage I'd have insisted on having some TV spots as part of the publishing rights, i'm sure that would have boosted sales a lot.

Ehh, I don't really know actually I love them both. Killzone 2 has a deeper multiplayer experience for me, with all of the unlockables and clan support. But I'd say the gameplay in Cod4 is a bit better suited to me. But Killzone 2's graphics are unmatched in the FPS genre...but I liked Cod4's campaign better.

So you see, I like them for different reasons.

I rented it and payed 8 of 9 levels. I really enjoyed it. The music, menus, and storyline were cool. In some ways it reminds me of Perfect Dark(spy stuff) and Deus Ex(Conspiracies, setting, some of the tech), Half Life(some of the art), and Halo (only 2 weapons, monster voices, and definitely one of the creatures)

The online on the other hand I coud not get to work at all. It connects and gets a full field of players but nothing happens when the game starts. Probably my crap connection though.

I'd give the game an 8 and it was killer rental. Definitely no Halo though. But it is better than I expected. Especially the storyline and music!

Why?

Becose for me The Conduit is far better than Halo3 and HaloDST. Just for better customisable controls and graphics as close any xbox360 standart game and an outstanding online multiplayer mode.

:lol::lol:

I can't stop laughing at this statement.I know your entitled to your opinion but this not true...:crazy:. This game is worth a 8 at best and a 7 if you compare it to PS3 and 360 good FPS.

But I totally agree with this statement:

I really enjoyed it. The music, menus, and storyline were cool. In some ways it reminds me of Perfect Dark(spy stuff) and Deus Ex(Conspiracies, setting, some of the tech), Half Life(some of the art), and Halo (only 2 weapons, monster voices, and definitely one of the creatures).....

.....I'd give the game an 8 and it was killer rental. Definitely no Halo though. But it is better than I expected. Especially the storyline and music!

Last edited:
Back