The Conduit First Review!!!

Well....The Conduit might be getting so much hype due to the people who only have a wii. They are just happy that a good fps is for it. Thats great. Maybe if the sales are great nintendo will wake up from their dream about familys playing videogames together and notice that its time to go back to the more hardcore audience. And on this how conduit is a clone of halo thing....There are similarites, but, just because you kill aliens and its in the future make it just like halo? No. It doesnt. When it comes out, and everything just vibes halo and more than 85% of people agree, its a clone. But, if not, who cares. Sovieto, I admire the fact that you dislike godwind bashing everything, but, can you guys take it to pming? I dont really need to see the arguement, just the updates.

Forum=discussion. Discussions in real life naturally go to topics that are related to the original topic, but not it.

Still, MP3 broke only 1 million if I recall correctly. And MP3 had a huge following and is a extremely well-known IP. Now I will go into an argument with myself to cover some overlaying points.

>MP3 came out at a time when the user install base was lower and people were still hung-up on the casual aspects of the Wii.
<The user install base at the time was already full of the core Nintendo fans. If you were a Nintendo fan, you already had a Wii. So the sales could accurately reflect a future similar game. The Conduit isn't targeting casual gamers, so they will not help sales. This is not to mention The Conduit advertising has been poor to the mass market, and mainly among the hardcore.

>The Conduit has multiplayer.
<Again, an incentive for the more core-hardcore gamer. This could pick up sales among the core, but the year isn't 1998. "Online multiplayer" isn't an incentive people flock to anymore, chances are if that's what a gamer is looking for in a game, he already has it elsewhere and in a greater source.

So from an analyst's standpoint, things for The Conduit aren't looking good. I'm not being hateful here, I'm being rational.

Forum=discussion. Discussions in real life naturally go to topics that are related to the original topic, but not it.

Still, MP3 broke only 1 million if I recall correctly. And MP3 had a huge following and is a extremely well-known IP. Now I will go into an argument with myself to cover some overlaying points.

>MP3 came out at a time when the user install base was lower and people were still hung-up on the casual aspects of the Wii.
<The user install base at the time was already full of the core Nintendo fans. If you were a Nintendo fan, you already had a Wii. So the sales could accurately reflect a future similar game. The Conduit isn't targeting casual gamers, so they will not help sales. This is not to mention The Conduit advertising has been poor to the mass market, and mainly among the hardcore.

>The Conduit has multiplayer.
<Again, an incentive for the more core-hardcore gamer. This could pick up sales among the core, but the year isn't 1998. "Online multiplayer" isn't an incentive people flock to anymore, chances are if that's what a gamer is looking for in a game, he already has it elsewhere and in a greater source.

So from an analyst's standpoint, things for The Conduit aren't looking good. I'm not being hateful here, I'm being rational.

High Voltage saw a brand new market when the Wii came out. What market is this? It's the market of gamers who likes shooters, hates analog sticks, and don't have a powerful PC. It should basically be called the WiiMote FPS Market. This market bought Metroid (sold a mil), COD:WAW (sold a mil), and now they're looking for something new and also not in the WWII era. I will put money on the Conduit selling over a mil by the end of this year.

High Voltage saw a brand new market when the Wii came out. What market is this? It's the market of gamers who likes shooters, hates analog sticks, and don't have a powerful PC. It should basically be called the WiiMote FPS Market. This market bought Metroid (sold a mil), COD:WAW (sold a mil), and now they're looking for something new and also not in the WWII era. I will put money on the Conduit selling over a mil by the end of this year.

I dont know what the pre-order numbers are....but the less the better. Means I will be one of the few people with that bonus online skin =]

Hates analog sticks? If they hate analog sticks they'd be on the computer. And being a PC gamer, if they didn't have enough money for a 'powerful' computer, why would they shell out $250+ for a system that didn't and still doesn't have a killer app shooter? Anyone with a PC can at least play Counterstrike.. so this 'market' is pretty small.

But how do you know the market who bought MP3 and CoD: WaW was this market? When MP3 obviously had the fanbase following it and CoD: WaW had the huge popularity running on the other consoles following it.

You're whole post is based on your beliefs that have very little grounds.

I would believe The Conduit could sell a million by the end of the year too, but is this enough? MP3 and CoD: WaW did and yet where are the other original IP FPSs? A million is not enough for the Wii.

****!!!
I reserverd my copy and forgot to pay, so now i'm gonna miss limited edition.

A million is not enough for the Wii.

Just my two cents on that, this statement has no proof or evidence and provides very, VERY, little grounds, I think the conduit will be more than 1mill. World wide, I think it might just do that.

But how do you know the market who bought MP3 and CoD: WaW was this market? When MP3 obviously had the fanbase following it and CoD: WaW had the huge popularity running on the other consoles following it.

You're whole post is based on your beliefs that have very little grounds.

I would believe The Conduit could sell a million by the end of the year too, but is this enough? MP3 and CoD: WaW did and yet where are the other original IP FPSs? A million is not enough for the Wii.

You dismiss as 'biased' anything said that doesn't directly agree with your views, yet continue to spout your biased tripe on why TC (and the Wii in general) will fail...

Well, maybe you should have a look outside your bedroom because the Wii isn't failing, and we'll just have to wait and see how TC does won't we...

hencam[uk];1034892 said:
You dismiss as 'biased' anything said that doesn't directly agree with your views, yet continue to spout your biased tripe on why TC (and the Wii in general) will fail...

Well, maybe you should have a look outside your bedroom because the Wii isn't failing, and we'll just have to wait and see how TC does won't we...

Bias? Based on previous games? I'm going off of history, while he goes off of... hope?

Just my two cents on that, this statement has no proof or evidence and provides very, VERY, little grounds, I think the conduit will be more than 1mill. World wide, I think it might just do that.

Again, like my post says. WaW and MP3 sold a million but we still don't see more killer app FPS's or quality/original games. While something like Carnival Games sells multi millions. Do you see it now? Yeah MP3 can sell a million but it has huge production costs, while a game like Carnival Games costs little to make and sells multi millions. This is why I say a million is not enough for the Wii.

Yeah MP3 can sell a million but it has huge production costs, while a game like Carnival Games costs little to make and sells multi millions. This is why I say a million is not enough for the Wii.

It all depends - maybe a million still could turn a healthy profit for HV and Sega - I know it's been in development for a long time but the engine is something that will surely be licensed to other titles so in terms of cost it won't be that high.

I think that TC is currently in a tricky situation - there are some that will hate on it, just because of what it is (a fps on the Wii that is aiming to 'be the best' which riles the xbox and ps3 guys as they can't or don't want to see what the fuss is about), and if it gets more 'so-so' reviews that will put a lot of the others off too.

I'm still undecided - I bought Madworld and HOTD Overkill but unless TC is 'great' I might hangfire on buying it - for my online FPS I'm all about the PC anyway (hell, I still play Enemy Territory now and again which has the best team-based online mission play system around).

hencam[uk];1034940 said:
It all depends - maybe a million still could turn a healthy profit for HV and Sega - I know it's been in development for a long time but the engine is something that will surely be licensed to other titles so in terms of cost it won't be that high.

I think that TC is currently in a tricky situation - there are some that will hate on it, just because of what it is (a fps on the Wii that is aiming to 'be the best' which riles the xbox and ps3 guys as they can't or don't want to see what the fuss is about), and if it gets more 'so-so' reviews that will put a lot of the others off too.

I'm still undecided - I bought Madworld and HOTD Overkill but unless TC is 'great' I might hangfire on buying it - for my online FPS I'm all about the PC anyway (hell, I still play Enemy Territory now and again which has the best team-based online mission play system around).

For surely a million will turn a profit but what were looking for is the copycat syndrome from other developers. They need to create "The Conduit Killer" then The Conduit 2 will have way more features and be way better than it would of been if there wasn't "The Conduit Killer" to compete with.

Still, motion controls aren't for everyone. I like competitive gaming and motion controls hasn't begun to near catch on there. ;) Plus, either way, a good game will make you forget the way you're controlling it 20 minutes in and immerse you into the game itself.

Bias? Based on previous games? I'm going off of history, while he goes off of... hope?

Again, like my post says. WaW and MP3 sold a million but we still don't see more killer app FPS's or quality/original games. While something like Carnival Games sells multi millions. Do you see it now? Yeah MP3 can sell a million but it has huge production costs, while a game like Carnival Games costs little to make and sells multi millions. This is why I say a million is not enough for the Wii.

Just one thing... people are suckers for advertisements. And what the wii looks like from a glance a family system. So, all of those soccer moms and 4 yearolds, bought it. People are suckers for advertisements. And, Americans arent the smartest to judging games. A fraction of gamers use forums like these sadly, so it means regardless of the negatives you point out, the numbers will be unaffected. Anyway, I agree with as long as you get immerersed into the game, controls dont matter.

I think a million sales is an ok number considering the system and the game.

A new IP on a system not known for FPS's? A million would be a nice start and lead to better things imho.

The main thing thats ganna hold the Conduit back is the FC's crap and the overall poor online offered by Nintendo. Hey at least its ganna have voice chat.

The fact of the matter is this game is ganna be a fine game. Its ganna help fill a void that the Wii has, no doubt. CoD paved the way and now The Conduit is ganna follow.

Is it ganna be better than Halo? Well that depends on your point of view. I do admit most people on this planet will say yes. If they were both on PC i would be one of them but dual analog is just trash. Its that simple. I have tried FPS's on 360 and, while they were good, the controls killed them for me. Mouse and keyboard is number 1 and the Wiimote is 2.

I cant wait till tomorow!

I think a million sales is an ok number considering the system and the game.

A new IP on a system not known for FPS's? A million would be a nice start and lead to better things imho.

The main thing thats ganna hold the Conduit back is the FC's crap and the overall poor online offered by Nintendo. Hey at least its ganna have voice chat.

The fact of the matter is this game is ganna be a fine game. Its ganna help fill a void that the Wii has, no doubt. CoD paved the way and now The Conduit is ganna follow.

Is it ganna be better than Halo? Well that depends on your point of view. I do admit most people on this planet will say yes. If they were both on PC i would be one of them but dual analog is just trash. Its that simple. I have tried FPS's on 360 and, while they were good, the controls killed them for me. Mouse and keyboard is number 1 and the Wiimote is 2.

I cant wait till tomorow!

You and I are part of the new market called "Wiimote FPS Market". I'm pretty good w/ analog controls but I'm just tired of them and find the Wiimote more realistic and precise.

A million would have been enough at the Wii's launch. Carnival Games sold a million and heralded a wave of crappy casual motion copies.

Now being a million seller on Wii is not such a suprise, like you say MP3 and COD: WAW both sold over a million but publishers are not all jumping on the FPS train yet. If The Conduit sold a million very quickly or reached between 2-5 million after a year then they might, but a million in a year wont be enough to change devs minds.

Actually one thing that The Conduit does have going for it over COD: WAW is that it is Wii exclusive, so while a lot of people chose to get WAW on 360/PS3/PC instead of the Wii they don't have that option this time.

It is a shame that the quick n' easy PS2 ports that we saw in the Wii's early life didn't extend to FPS too, because games like Black or Project Snowblind could maybe have sold well for their costs and launched more original FPS' on Wii.

Don't take any of this as hate against The Conduit as I'll be buying it and I prefer my FPS on Wii too (other than that I play them on PC rather than 360) but realistically I don't think it'll change the Wii's world dramatically. Red Steel 2 with its motion swordplay might actually turn more heads though.

Matt at IGN posted on IGN's Twitter that their Conduit review would be up in the next hour, so stay tuned folks.

I'm guessing they'll give it between an 8.0-9.5.

Back