The Conduit: Tips, help, questions, etc.....

baldbull

WiiChat Member
Jan 25, 2009
PA
I know another conduit thread, but ive had two people ask me what my wii zapper controls were and i thought i would post them and also ask a few questions as well. My questions: what are some strategies to kill people? Ive been trying melee (which is a favorite in halo) and have been having trouble getting it. ive also felt like i killed someone and it wasnt counted, even when doing a melee attack. Also, i seem to have a lot of trouble finding new weapons, anyone else feel that way? Does the 20 minute time game feel too long?

my wii zapper controls:

c: jump
z: melee
-: reload
left on pad: throw grenade
down on pad: zoom
b: shoot (obviously lol)
motion forward: turn around
nunchuck downward motion: change grenade
A: target

i like these controls a lot. having melee and jump on the nunchuck is helping me a lot. also i am playing with my cam controls and am going to try 'trust' which should help my aiming. i have not edited the hud at all yet.

Prinny, are you sure there aren't more? k

- Melee is good when you've run out of bullets or the person doesn't see you, otherwise definitely stick with a weapon first. Only melee after they are hurt a bit.
- Get better at switching weapons, the pistol is really good to polish someone off after they're hurt a bit, especially with the slower reloading weapons, unload one weapon and switch to the next instead of reloading the first (this isn't always ideal though depending on the weapons)
- Always Z target the person you are attacking so you know what their hp is and so its easier to keep aim on them
- Jump and move a lot, especially when you're using shotguns, with Z targetting and wii IR aiming its very easy to kill someone if they're moving in a straight line and not jumping.
- Don't give up when you're unloading bullets on someone, sometimes it takes a second for them to die and if you stop it gives the other guy the window to kill you. This might be because I'm always downloading/uploading stuff on my computer so I lag a lot.
- Finding weapons is just an issue of learning the maps, as you play you'll learn where weapons spawn.
- I personally prefer frag grenades to the others but I've seen people use the flash grenades very well too. Either way make sure you stop at the reload stations and fill up your grenade stock with the ones you like if you spawn near them
- The 20 minute games are definitely long hence they're called marathon games. I like the long ones sometimes because you go on good and bad streaks and the longer games its usually the better team who wins, luck plays less of an issue. The quick matches are also good sometimes when you want a quick game.
- Make sure you use the radar, especially when you learn the maps you'll be able to do things like throw grenades around a corner knowing someone is there. When you don't know the maps the z-direction can get confusing.
- Learn the maps! It'll help a lot in sneaking behind people and such

Last edited:
I have a question.. Haha.
I have Wii Speak, but in the bottom right hand corner of my screen there is always a little picture of a microphone with a circle and a cross through it. So, ya, I get that it's not on. But, then when you go to the lobby, sometimes a box pops up and says something about the next session you can use the wii speak, but that little picture is still there and I can't here anyone. Help.. lol :p

PS. Don't say I have to go to options and turn it on, because I did that already, haha.

I have Wii Speak, but in the bottom right hand corner of my screen there is always a little picture of a microphone with a circle and a cross through it. So, ya, I get that it's not on. But, then when you go to the lobby, sometimes a box pops up and says something about the next session you can use the wii speak, but that little picture is still there and I can't here anyone. Help.. lol :p

PS. Don't say I have to go to options and turn it on, because I did that already, haha.

may I add ya to conduit?

I'm pretty that means there are people in the lobby who are registered friends and can use WiiSpeak. However, if you aren't friends with them, you won't be able to hear or speak to them. You can only use Wiispeak with people you are friends with, unless you're on different teams. If you CAN use wiiSpeak, the device will have a blue light.

I'm pretty that means there are people in the lobby who are registered friends and can use WiiSpeak. However, if you aren't friends with them, you won't be able to hear or speak to them. You can only use Wiispeak with people you are friends with, unless you're on different teams. If you CAN use wiiSpeak, the device will have a blue light.

Ohhh, haha. Thank you :]

now that we have been playing this game more, what are your tips/controls?

I have changed my controls and no longer use the zapper:

c: jump
z: melee
-: reload
left on pad: switch grenade
down on pad: zoom
b: shoot
motion forward: turn around
nunchuck downward motion: throw grenade
A: target
+: crouch
right on pad: switch guns
up on pad: ASE

Also, i found my game improved a lot when i changed my dead space

dead space: 75x74
Camera style: human
camera x sensitivity: 30
camera y sensitivity: 30
turn around speed: 35

Thats everything i changed. since changing, i have had as many as 28 kills in one game and a best streak of 10. I have found that the key to my kills is targeting and aiming for the head. i am currently on level 12.

other tips:

-find the weapons stock and get more grenades when you can
-jump and shoot. you need to practice this to get good at aiming
-throw grenades around corners
-melee when their life is low and be sure to be locked on when doing this
-dont charge into the other teams base on maps like streets and pentagon, this is a death trap. let them come to you or play the other sections.
-the rifle (scar i think) can kill them in 1-2 good head shots. i use this whenever possible similar to halo where i use the battle rifle 24/7
-if you know where they respawn you can kill them quickly before they have a chance to see you
-dont camp for more than 1-2 kills
-work with your team. dont wander alone. 2 vs 1 usually results in them dying and both of you living.

I just got the game for Christmas and I do not have Wii Speak. Should I stick to offline mode and get Wii Speak before trying the game online?

you cant use wiispeak unless you add somone & it only works with that persons

Thanks....yeah, I have to read up on the friend code thing....the only other online game I have is MoH Heroes 2. (I like shooters, but don't get the ones with the gratuitous language in them.) I need to get some friends first, I suppose.......

Hey ,

I want get into my wii more and I really like online gaming so I just have a few questions about the conduit's online experience

a) is it popular?
b) what kind of modes are there? (if anyone has halo3 is there something similar to team slayer?)
c) cod mwf or this?

Thanks

Back