The Future of WiiChat (Part I)

Wii_Smurf said:
Lol
And Master, Pwned is too good a word for them... xD

Double post, both exactly the same?????
thats annoying when that happens, i've seen it happen a few times. I'm guessing its not your fault.

I can see lots of young 'kiddies' coming and raiding the site. . . . .
thinking they can do anything and everything anytime, acting as if they know it all when its all wrong. . . .

hopefully ion and the mods and the 'others' (a whole wiichat team which we dont know about?) can stop that happening, i say put a age limit on the site, most kids will put their own age thinking they are old. . . .

i can see the site booming when some good new releases happen.

im sure there is more but i can't think. . .

Cpt.McCloud said:
Double post, both exactly the same?????
thats annoying when that happens, i've seen it happen a few times. I'm guessing its not your fault.

I can see lots of young 'kiddies' coming and raiding the site. . . . .
thinking they can do anything and everything anytime, acting as if they know it all when its all wrong. . . .

hopefully ion and the mods and the 'others' (a whole wiichat team which we dont know about?) can stop that happening, i say put a age limit on the site, most kids will put their own age thinking they are old. . . .

i can see the site booming when some good new releases happen.

im sure there is more but i can't think. . .
Didn't you say you were 13? I'm not sure though so don't flame me, just thought I read it somewhere

Cpt.McCloud said:

Who's to say kids won't lie about their age? Some young kids will do anything to get on a site.

Even if there was an age limit, I think it should be 13 because, you're a teenager now and you're supposed to be more mature.

FR. said:
Who's to say kids won't lie about their age? Some young kids will do anything to get on a site.

Even if there was an age limit, I think it should be 13 because, you're a teenager now and you're supposed to be more mature.

But if a kid is smart anough to relize that then they won't act like some immature fool.

quite a few 13's are 'chavs' or just hang round streets or just act 'hard' or stupid, although there are those who are mature.

I dont think wiichats future is in trouble but it will have its problems.

Heh, maybe i0n can make a whole different section that is only password accessible. :) So he'd only give it to those he saw fit to be in there, and who wouldn't leak the pass out. It'd be nice not having to worry so much about 'explicit material' etc.

I don't think the future is going to be filled with kids, I know it. Even some 18 year olds (or supposed to be 18) come on here and say the following, "Dude wen is Pokemon coming out??!!????1111 I gotta catch em all LAWL!" It raises a few questions...

So ya, Wiichat is going to be noob-friendly for sometime to come...

P.S. On the absence of the mods. I heard there were some big tests that are coming up/came up? So maybe studying is why we haven't seen a lot of them around lately.

ssbb_lover said:
Heh, maybe i0n can make a whole different section that is only password accessible. :) So he'd only give it to those he saw fit to be in there, and who wouldn't leak the pass out. It'd be nice not having to worry so much about 'explicit material' etc.

I don't think the future is going to be filled with kids, I know it. Even some 18 year olds (or supposed to be 18) come on here and say the following, "Dude wen is Pokemon coming out??!!????1111 I gotta catch em all LAWL!" It raises a few questions...

So ya, Wiichat is going to be noob-friendly for sometime to come...

P.S. On the absence of the mods. I heard there were some big tests that are coming up/came up? So maybe studying is why we haven't seen a lot of them around lately.
GCSE's coming up for me, and a few mods (e.g Prez and Mitch (I think)) are the same age as me, so are probably getting ready for them too.

Tails McCloud~ said:
Yeah, but I havnt seen a Mod, "other than Prez" in like, a month. Dont we have like 8 of em? But still... I do take in account that they have lives, dont take me for a fool. However, I do think, since they have been gone for some time, they should have at least put something in their profiles of something. This forum does need to managed you know. And I personnaly dont like the site change...I cant see anyone's avatar in my profile.
prez is the only mod i think that doesnt have online status set to hidden. im on alot however i only have mod powers in 3 of te forums. prez has the most power out of any of the regular mods (he can unban as well as ban and moderates the most forums out of the regular mods) also we get alot of stuff before it gets a single view but there are times when we are not on and thats when the people are able to run wild untill one of us gets on. also i think i0n is gonna hire a new mod soon (might just be a temp mod though)

Wiired said:
GCSE's coming up for me, and a few mods (e.g Prez and Mitch (I think)) are the same age as me, so are probably getting ready for them too.
for me i dont have much. i have to work on a graduation speech (its part of our final grade and i have extream fear of crowds and even bigger fear of the focus being on me:cryin:) however i do have 3 final exams but they wont be too hard

for me i dont have much. i have to work on a graduation speech (its part of our final grade and i have extream fear of crowds and even bigger fear of the focus being on me) however i do have 3 final exams but they wont be too hard

That sucks. For our school the graduates are just asked to walk up to the stage > grab a certificate > walk off the stage..pretty simple..for us aftergrad will be at some restaurant at 12:00pm..

Back on topic..

Basically all I can see happening in the future is the addition of one or two sections/sub-sections and possibly the addition of one or so mods.

Mitch2025 said:
for me i dont have much. i have to work on a graduation speech (its part of our final grade and i have extream fear of crowds and even bigger fear of the focus being on me:cryin:) however i do have 3 final exams but they wont be too hard
Grats' and good luck. :)

And ya, everyone is always spitting on the mods...WHEN THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT THEY DO. I mean, some critical noob might blame mods for not moderating 3 threads he think should be locked, but that mod, at that exact moment, might be locking/moderating 5 others...members need to stop bitching, plain and simple. :p

I hope i0n adds a GFX sub-forum some day....some day....

What I would like to see is bigger sig limits. 500x130 is a bit small in my opinion and most of the sigs I would like to use are too large...blast..

Oh and a GFX sub section would be nice.

Syntax said:
What I would like to see is bigger sig limits. 500x130 is a bit small in my opinion and most of the sigs I would like to use are too large...blast..

Oh and a GFX sub section would be nice.
Bah, I know it...

Width is great, I almost never even use 500 pixels for my width. Height though is a pain in the backside. I think it should at least be 300.

I dont think the future of Wiichat will get worse...its already good what could possibly destroy it.
Even if there is young people here as long as they know they're games they're welcome here!
Wiichat will continue to expand and it shows no signs of decreasing

Mitch2025 said:
prez is the only mod i think that doesnt have online status set to hidden. im on alot however i only have mod powers in 3 of te forums. prez has the most power out of any of the regular mods (he can unban as well as ban and moderates the most forums out of the regular mods) also we get alot of stuff before it gets a single view but there are times when we are not on and thats when the people are able to run wild untill one of us gets on. also i think i0n is gonna hire a new mod soon (might just be a temp mod though)

I see you around sometimes, just not very often. I saw Trulen, "I think it was" only once. Oh well... Like I said, im just going to kind of lurk untill there is some news.

Back