The Many Holidays of Every Day

I didn't realize anyone gave half a **** 'bout my posts since the content is hardly quality. :lol:

That rat must have liked the taste of the internet.

I'd love to give it a taste of my ****ing ban hammer... -____-

Damn bro where where you? You missed some pretty craptacular stuff. Some weird farts galore guy spammed the **** out of this place. I imagine hes been done away with by now... Pretty funny.

Yep, he's been around for some time... A senior member who sort of lost it and holds a grudge for some stupid reason I forgot about long ago (if I ever knew why in the first place). So now he spams "farts to the max" every once in awhile. With such years of dedication, it's a damn shame he doesn't anonymously slip into the Wiichat crowd and just enjoy the place.

That guy was pretty goofy... I was thinking the same thing :sick: Really? Years?!! Thats so ****ing stupid. You have the entire internet and thats the best you can do... Haha A real troll would go anon and have some real fun here.

December 8th

Today, we've got four holidays and two birthday.

Brownie Day
Feast of the Immaculate Conception
Death of John Lennon
Constitution Day (Uzbekistan)
Jim Morrison's Birthday
Eli Whitney's Birthday

Brownie Day is something we all can celebrate, whether you like chocolate as every normal human being or know how to embrace your inner hippie. 'Course, plain chocolate brownies ain't the only way to enjoy the treat born as a cake without baking powder. Brownies often make great accentuates to ice cream and desserts similar to itself. S'pose this gets my pick of the day, since food > the rest of today. :p

Feast of the Immaculate Conception celebrates, well... the immaculate conception of the virgin Mary. Finally, a feast day that celebrates an important piece of Christianity and not just some random saint; the birth of Jeebus Christo from his sin-free mother. Although, I'm starting to think 'Merica is fat because of Christianity and not just laziness making fast food popular. :lol:

We discussed this musical boss' birthday not so long ago; now comes his death anniversary. Today marks the Death of John Lennon by assailant Mark Chapman; the bastard still lives in jail today. The legendary member of The Beatles was killed by gunshot for no reason other than a sociopathic cretin wanted some fame and attention. A pointless death; hell, a pointless murder; if I've never heard of one. R.I.P John Winston Lennon.

Uzbekistan's Constitution Day celebrates the same date in 1992 that Uzbekistan's independence from Russia a year earlier had been fully instated, as their constitution was now complete and officially adopted. I'm curious 'bout what the most recent date a country has received independence is... Two decades ain't all that long ago.

James Douglas "Jim" Morrison; the lead singer of The Doors. A musical talent of the highest quality, no doubt. One of his most notable talents was often going off on a spoken word poetry tangent during live performances; you don't see that kind of lyrical talent in singers anymore (ohai modern rap). Limitless musical potential aside, he was a sharp mind too. A reported IQ of around 140 and a passion for reading philosophical and poetic writings gives a clear reason why he had such a successful career. Too bad he ended up dieing at age 27 because of heroin OD. He certainly had plenty of success ahead of 'em. =/

Eli Whitney is a legendary inventor famous for his revolutionary version cotton gin (he didn't invent it, but he sure as **** pioneered it). The profits cotton could produce using this machine is practically the reason the industrial revolution was successful. Prior to the cotton gin, hand-picking was necessary to separate the seeds from the cotton itself and make it of any use. Whitney's cotton gin could remove the seeds near-instantaneously, and multiple fibers could be run at once. Of course, this grand invention was the cause of slavery spiraling out of control, and also planting this amazing tool as an important factor in what caused the Civil War... Yeah. Humanity taking something awesome and causing ****ing wars and injustice over it? What a shock.

Funfact: Brownie Day was the first random holiday I learned of; you could say I'm writing this junk today because of the delicious chocolate treat.

... That makes me sound horribly American. :lol:

Funfact: Brownie Day was the first random holiday I learned of; you could say I'm writing this junk today because of the delicious chocolate treat.

... That makes me sound horribly American. :lol:

Yes, it does. And now Im hungry. Thanks a lot. ¬_¬

December 9th

Today, we've got six holidays and a single birthday.

Pastry Day
Weary Willie Day
Christmas Card Day
National Salesperson's Day
International Anti-Corruption Day
Independence Day (Tanzania)
Kirk Douglas' Birthday

Pastry Day celebrates delicious baked dough foods that everyone can like. Whether you dig strudels, donuts, apple turnovers, pastries are delicious; and generally unhealthy. ;_; What I would give for healthy donuts, man...

Weary Willie Day celebrates the sadface clown act and attire, created by Emmett Kelly. The dude was born on December 9th, hence the date.

Christmas Card Day celebrates pieces of cardboard I can't give a flying **** about. I've never gotten one, and nor do I care to. Why? Well, how 'bout instead of throwing works and jokes through the mail, you actually spend time with your family on or at least around the holidays? Holiday cards as a whole can GTFO, particularly Christmas since it's commercialized more than enough as is. /grinch

National Salesperson's Day celebrates those annoying human-powered pop ups you get on the phone... Do not want. Back before TV ads existed and phones weren't abused in such a way, door-to-door salesmen were incredibly helpful for selling products, especially if a company isn't well known or rich enough to have printed advertisement everywhere just yet. Too bad they weren't treated all-that well back in their payday either, considering buyers would always have to be wary of con artists approaching their door instead of these honest workers. It didn't help that the century prior to the salesperson was filled with snake oil pedlars and miracle cure hoodlums...

International Anti-Corruption Day is a day of awareness for fighting corruption in governments and other ruling powers. It came into existence back when a whole 129 countries signed the 2003 United Nations Convention against Corruption document, in Merida, Mexico. I find it ironic that central and south America are an incredibly large source of political corruption and such nowadays. :lol: 'Course, all governments have their corruption. Whether it's stupidity, greed, or unbalanced control, every reigning political body has some. In that regard, this is my awareness holiday is my pick of the day.

Tanzania's Independence Day celebrates the day Tanganyika received independence from the UN in 1961. Before everyone gets all lolwut over Tanzania celebrating independence of another territory, Tanzania is the collective republic of Tanganyika and Zanzibar. Combine the names, and you get Tanzania.

Kirk Douglas is a famous American actor ranked 17 on the list of the greatest male American actors; yeah, he's pretty boss. He's played important roles in some legendary films like Lonely Are the Brave, and The Bad and the Beautiful. That, and he played mother****in' Doc Holliday in Gunfight at the O.K. Corral. I can assuredly say that he's been in some truly amazing classics and played his parts damn right.

Speaking of corruption...

[video=youtube;VP9JBh5R2mE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=VP9JBh5R2mE"]I prefer this type of corruption.[/video]

^
Second.jpg

December 2nd coming eventually.

December 10th

Today, we've got eight holidays and two birthdays.

National Lager Day
Dewey Decimal System Day
Human Rights Day
International Shareware Day
National Day of the Horse
Nobel Prize Day
Admission Day (Mississippi)
Constitution Day (Thailand)
Emily Dickinson's Birthday
Thomas Gallaudet's Birthday

National Lager Day, in the US only, celebrates lager; the original German beer. Not only is this a sub-category holiday, it's an adopted method of brewing... GTFO!

Dewey Decimal System Day commemorates the library sorting method invented by Melville Louis Kossuth Dewey. The Dewey Decimal System made finding particular books in a library a breeze. This old system was made around the 1870s, but is still in wide use today. That's certainly a testament to how useful it is.

Human Rights Day is exactly what it is; equality and fairness to all in the form of rights. We all know how abundant prejudice and evil in general is in the world, and rights everyone should hold is a dream that won't be achieved any time soon; and that's all the more reason to fight harder for everyone's equality. I really don't need to say anymore, aside from this is my holiday pick of the day.

International Shareware Day celebrates not shareware, but the developers who aren't grubbing for those incredible profits by making you pay copious amounts from the get-go, and give infinite free trials with usable functionality, not piss-poor limited. 'Course, shareware garners no profit if everyone would just take the limited functionality, so today's the day to buy the higher-end version of shareware you're avidly using as is; and don't lie, everyone uses shareware. ¬_¬

National Day of the Horse celebrates this majestic, powerful, trusty ally that's been alongside mankind for quite some time. You may not call horses man's best friend since you can't safely fit them in a house or wrestle with 'em, but they certainly are. Before mechanical transportation, horses were everything. They were the machines that powered certainly jobs and tools, they were the method of transporting yourself and/or goods with haste, and they were simply invaluable. Horses might not be regarded as equal to a man's livelihood anymore, but horse-related business still plays an important role in the economy, too... That, and without horses, we wouldn't have professional modern-day jousting. :D

Nobel Prize Day has been a world tradition of giving the most prestigious of prestigious prizes to intellects and geniuses who have significantly contributed to physics, medicine/physiology, literature, chemistry and the most well known of all Nobel prizes, peace, on this very day. The tradition has gone on since 1901, and is the epitome of humanity's modern achievements and grandeur accomplishments. Pride might be a sin, but hot damn would I want to be a snobby, egotistical piece of **** if I managed to earn one of these. :lol:

Mississippi's Admission Day occurred on 1817 to make it the 20th state of the US. Huzzah...

Thailand's Constitution Day commemorates the resulting document after a bloodless coup on June 24th, 1932, in an attempt to change their absolute monarchy into a democratic one. Come December 10th of the same year, their official constitution was adopted. However, their constitutional monarchy lasted only two years; but not for reasons you might think. Their new monarch, King Prajadhipok, relinquished his powers and disbanded the very monarchy he ruled in the name of his people; not because of death threats, not because of an impending coup. Thus, for the past 79 years, Thailand has not only had a constitution, but a fully democratic government, not a monarchy. Who would of thought, a country besides India making great progress towards such greater things in the past century...

Emily Dickinson is without a doubt, one of the most famous American poets to of lived. Dickinson was literally more of a hermit and anti-socialite than a fat emo nerd who thinks his life is the worst in the world, which certainly says something... Likewise, quite a bit of her poetry revolved around some dark and morbid things at times. Fittingly enough, the end of her life saw her family quickly falling apart one death after another, one of her poetical subjects of choice came to haunt her. Due to her reclusive nature, only a few dozen pieces of poetry were published during her life time; almost all of her poems were posthumously published by her younger sister Lavinia, so she certainly never enjoyed a lavish life of profit. Both in personality and writing style, Emily Dickinson certainly was unique for the 19th century.

Reverend Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet is certainly what you'd refer to as a saint and a scholar. Gallaudet, alongside Mason Cogswell and Laurent Clerc created the education institution for the deaf, at the time known as the "American Asylum for Deaf-Mutes". Today, it still functions as a huge education center for the deaf known as the American School for the Deaf. His genuine sympathy and caring for those who lack hearing was apparent in that both of his children had continued his line of work in helping the deaf; in fact, his second-born son Edward Miner Gallaudet founded the first college for the deaf, which eventually evolved into a university 20 years later that offered education to the deaf of all ages. Had he been born and done his amazing work a century later, I've little doubt he would of received a Nobel prize.

Speaking of human rights day, I think it's about time I go slay some dictator Templars... :D

Back