The Many Holidays of Every Day

srsly

December 4th coming tomorrow morning-ish because I'm tired as ****.

A thing of beauty, ain't it? :')

Give your praise to masterful Karptist Neosquid. Ain't that right, Nick? :D

December 14th

And I thought today would be much better. We've got three holidays (again) and a single birthday. :lol:

Bouillabaisse Day
Monkey Day
Admission Day (Alabama)
Nostradamus' Birthday

Bouillabaisse Day is the day to eat this age-old French soup. For the less cuisine-inclined, bouillabaisse, aside from being impossible to pronounce if this is the first time you've read the word, is a soup particularly made with fish. If you love fish, you'll love bouillabaisse. If you don't, give it a shot anyways; it's not like they just dump fish and broth into a good quality soup. Back in the B.C.s, that is what French fishermen would do, but nowadays quite a few spices and herbs are added to accentuate the fishy flavor to keep it more docile than fish brine, and simply to make the flavor more bold. It's good stuff.

Monkey Day's origins are a bit sketchy; some people say a certain Casey Sorrow played a joke on someone by scribbling said day on his friend's calender about a decade ago. Others think it was created as a tool in the name of primate rights. Whichever, today's the day to act like a fool and/or appreciate monkeys. Don't forget to go somewhere public and do your best howler monkey impression, and possibly throw your **** at someone you dislike. Today's monkey day, so I'm 99% sure you'll get away with it! :D ... srsly

Alabama's Admission Day occured in 1814, securing it as the 22nd state of the US. Exciting.

Michel de Nostredame; an apothecary more famous than any other... Although, we all know him as famous for his prophecies, rather than his doctoring. 'Course, I believe any avid follower of this prophet is a fool that doesn't realize how easily his predictions can be distorted, manipulated, and even improperly translated intentionally or otherwise, for a gain in profit. That suits religion to a tee back in the 15th century these were written, considering the church still had incredible power (and incredible riches...) back then. Whether Nostradamus was a hired church hand or truly believed he could prophecize, I don't know. But I do know a ridiculous amount of bullshit has surrounded his book of prophecies since they took to being famous.

I haven't had bouillabaisse in quite some time, now that I think about it... Do want.

December 16th

Today, we've got seven holidays and a single epic birthday.

Barbie and Barney Backlash Day
Underdog Day
Boston Tea Party's Anniversary
Independence Day (Bahrain)
Independence Day (Kazakhstan)
Day of Reconciliation
Victory Day (Bangladesh)
Ludwig Von Beethoven's Birthday

Barbie and Barney Backlash Day is the day to remove and/or secretly destroy products of said characters. Problem is, noone should own barney or barbie unless it's their kid's toys, and who'd want their kid to get all sadface over their stuff randomly disappearing? Much as I hate both lines of children's junk, this holiday gets a solid GTFO.

Underdog Day was created some time back in 1976, to appreciate the heroes in stories that go underappreciated; celebrate the sidekicks and anyone who does awesome stuff that isn't the main hero, basically. I haven't been big on literature in some time (and never cared for comics), so... meh.

Today's the day to laugh and ridicule some of the most retarded political figures even more than usual! It's the Boston Tea Party's Anniversary... Er, Boston? Oh, the historical event, not the political party... Got my hopes up for nothin'. =/ Regardless of my ramblings, today marks the 238th anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. Americans, infuriated with a rather large tax on nigh-everything (tea in particular) were further irked by the fact the colonists had no representation back at the homeland, so their demands and concerns (tax being the main one) were never directed heard nor taken seriously. The result was the Boston Tea Party, where three ships full of tea had all their stash dumped overboard. This was a serious act of defiance considering the tea ships in any colonial area not Boston were simply sent back; even moreso, if they waited long enough, law said that the ships would have to fork over their payloads to customs, pay or not. But instead, Bostoners decided to destroy the tea to send a message. And a message was indeed sent; this event was the start of everything spiraling towards the American Revolution. A legendary day indeed, and therefore, my holiday pick of the day.

Bahrain's Independence Day celebrates said independence from the UK in 1971. Not that it means anything, considering the place is ruled by tyrants to this day. Bahrain was one of the many countries in the middle east to have some good ol' fashioned revolution in 2011; and by good ol' fashioned, I mean government and police brutality, including death and life in prison. Libya ain't the only territory in modern times with corrupted leaders, that's for sure...

Kazakhstan's Independence Day has been celebrated since 1991, when like a few others we've already discussed, they were freed from the Soviet Union the day it collapsed, the last republic to do so in fact. Unlike Bahrain, Kazakhstan's made something of itself these last 20 years. It's relatively the most prominent territory in Central Asia, and has been quite involved in foreign politics and such by joining the UN, and a few other important organizations. Ain't the most politically free country, but hey, it ain't Bahrain. :lol:

Day of Reconciliation is South African public holiday held to commemorate the end of apartheid in 1994: one of, if not the last, official government practices that supported segregation. What with all the civil rights movements happening throughout the world in the 40's and onwards, voices were beginning to get louder and louder in the 50's. It took a toiling, bloody 50 years for equality to make it's way over; and only by law, it's not like all the racists magically changed their ignorant opinions. I quote, "Progress is bloody work."

Bangladesh's Victory Day celebrates the end of the Bangladesh Liberation War back in 1971, where Pakistan finally surrendered. The war was between East Pakistan (and India as their ally) and West Pakistan. East separated from West, and East became Bangladesh. Victory, indeed.

I do not need to introduce, nor educate any of you on Ludwig van Beethoven (if I do, you need to GTFO far more than any holiday -_-). The poster boy of classical music alongside Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. Beethoven was my personal go-to for classical tunes back when I was down for it; still loves me some classical of course, but it hasn't been my primary genre for... seven years or so, I'd say. Though, his sonata #14 still resonates within very my soul. ♪

Sorry for missing yesterday's post and catching up on November 30th... Had to leave the PC all day. I'll be makin' a total of three retro-posts today, since I've really been herpaderpin' too much lately.

Last edited:
Ah, the tea party. I'm not usually a fan of protest and revolution, but thanks to this, we rejected tea and became a coffee nation.

That's the spirit. :D

December 5th is up. Turns out I was wrong 'bout the three old posts coming today; the 5th was the last day I missed. I forgot I did November 30th too. >_>;

Does that mean I have to dump my Earl Grey in the Ocean? :frown5:
Well time to drink my Chinese teas. :yesnod:

The problem was with taxes, not tea. :p Colonial 'Merica was a tea nation for as long as it was colonies at the least, after all.

Though if I were you, I'd go right ahead and dump that **** in the ocean anyways. ¬_¬ Personally, do not want.

December the 17th.

My year levels up today

The problem was with taxes, not tea. :p Colonial 'Merica was a tea nation for as long as it was colonies at the least, after all.

Though if I were you, I'd go right ahead and dump that **** in the ocean anyways. ¬_¬ Personally, do not want.

I understand just going along with the joke :lol:
<--- Tea Lover. Tea is just so good

And the problem was representation :p

Last edited:
DON'TCHU TRY AND LECTURE ME SON

T'was both. ¬_¬

I dislike Grey Earl for I dislike most citrus fruits. I'mma tea lover too, bro... though my love is a strange triangle between leaves, and beans.

December the 17th.

My year levels up today

Well, considering I went as low as mentioning Spears' birthday, there's no way in hell I could reject this birthday. :lol:

Back