The Many Holidays of Every Day

After writing three days outside of Mozilla specifically to avoid crashes, my PC itself crashes. Even though I saved multiple times, none of the three remain.

****ing rage quit.

March 4th coming really ****in' late because my computer is an anger-inducing whore.

March 4th

Courageous Followers Day
March Forth - Do Something Day
National Day of Unplugging
National Grammar Day
Old Inauguration Day
World Day Of Prayer
Admission Day (Vermont)
Learn What Your Name Means Day
Pound Cake Day

Courageous Followers Day is the day to give followers... a pat on the back?? Yeah, that's just-plain stupid. Anyone can be a damned follower, doesn't take much talent to swallow orders or merge with the crowd. Stupid holiday is stupid. GTFO!

March Forth - Do Something Day is on March 4th. Get it? Get it?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH-- no.

This is the day to do something you don't normally do. Because apparently you need a once a year holiday to tell you to do somethin' new... My PC must of crashed because these holidays are bloody terrible.

National Day of Unplugging luckily doesn't complete a trio of holiday idiocy today. On this day, you don't have to literally unplug everything, but just stay away from technology as a whole from sun-up, to sun-down. In other words, you're supposed to get a life for one day if you don't yet have one. That's all fine 'n dandy, but... This holiday is for nothing more than the promotion of certain religious views. Yeeeaahhh... Do not want.

National Grammar Day is a holiday in which nobody wins. Let's face it, EVERYONE on Wiichat has improper grammar. I would of loved to destroy everyone for said shitty grammar, but... I'm guilty of it too, obviously. :lol: While it's a bit late to celebrate, in the spirit of the holiday, how 'bout y'all install spell check into your web browser if ya haven't already, yeah? ... You really should. Or else.

Old Inauguration Day celebrates the original date that the new US President (including Washington) would begin his term. This date was the norm from 1789 'till 1933 when FDR changed the date to the now-standard January 20th. There really ain't nothin' to celebrate, though... ... ...

World Day Of Prayer is the day for Christian women, and only women, to pray 'round the world. Because apparently God is happy when everyone prays en masse, and your faith-quota is filled for an entire year. GTFO!

Vermont's Admission Day celebrates the day the Green Mountain State became the 14th state in 1791. Nothin' special obviously, so here's a fun fact for ya. In French, vert mont means "Green Mountain". Pretty obvious where the state name, and the name itself, comes from.

Learn What Your Name Means Day is the day to, well... yeah. Pretty much every name has some sort of foreign roots, and therefore, a meaning. You should be able to find your name's hidden definition here. Quite a few names don't make any ****in' sense, too. Apparently I was named after a channel; as in, the water kind.

SSBfreakCK said:
... WHAT?!?! -______-

While I'd prefer a plain-ol' cake, I've no problems with celebrating Pound Cake Day. Most people don't know that the name of this delectable dessert is actually very relevant, and very simple: one pound of all four main ingredients in cake which would be flour, eggs, butter, and sugar. Making everything a 1:1 ratio in food, particularly baking, isn't always a good idea. But my god does this food pull it off without a problem. You might of missed Pound Cake Day, but feel free to treat yourself to some anyways. ;)

Blaaaaah damn you computer... March 5th, as well as a retro article, coming soon.

I totally lost interest in this tread :'(

... Can't say I blame ya. ;_;

Last edited:
March 5th

Today, we've got a solid five holidays.

Absinthe Day
Cheese Doodle Day
Multiple Personality Day
Casimir Pulaski Day
Crispus Attucks Day

Odds are you haven't so much as heard of absinthe; so let me enlighten ya. Absinthe Day celebrates the spirit of the same name. I'd love to divulge in my own palate experience with the drink, but... Can't say I've ever been blessed to have any. On a more important note, absinth has been banned since before Prohibition because of all the world wide anti-booze talk of the temperance movement. Even after the repeal, absinthe was still being unfairly criticized of being akin to drugs because of the very small amount of thujone in it; scientists believed it was what caused the psychoactive **** absinthe was well known for. Not that it caused ridiculous trips anyways, that's just a bunch of temperance-hater bullshit.

Cheese Doodle Day celebrates that very unhealthy but very popular "cheese" snack; can't say I understand what all the stupid hubub 'bout 'em are, since I don't like 'em... Though, I'd say the crunchy Cheetos are good. If ya've got a deep fryer (you lucky fat bastard, you :p), you should make it a goal to make your own homemade cheese doodles. As a general rule of thumb, anything homemade properly is a thousand times better than mass-produced, preservative-filled garbage.

Multiple Personality Day is just as confusing as handling a multiple-personality disorder. Who the **** made a holiday out of this? And why, even? ... Hard to have a holiday acknowledged if you don't know if it's for awareness or celebration. -_-;

Casimir Pulaski Day celebrates the Polish dude of the same name for his services in the American Revolution. He was originally from a Polish family of nobility; one of many that fought against Russia to keep the Polish–Lithuanian Commonwealth against the communist bastards in the 18th century. Unfortunately, the uprising failed and he fled to the US to become a simple soldier. During his time as a soldier, he actually saved George Washington's forces from total annihilation, and likewise, Washington's life.

Washington is known for failing miserably for the first half of the American Revolution. He was being forced to retreat as was unfortunately normal, when the Brits started setting up to cut off their escape route in secret. Since other important generals in the battle were busy keeping the enemy busy or guiding the line of retreat, Pulaski was authorized to take whatever straggling soldiers he could find to fight off the counter-retreat tactics being employed. He was successful, and made a brigadier general for both his bravery and key tactics in preventing the retreat from being an absolute failure. He continued to do many grand endeavors, particularly training countless US soldiers; notably for the role of cavalry; as well as helping in numerous key battles of the revolution. He died as a true war hero on the battlefield, wounded mortally by a cannon's grapeshot. Ain't much better to choose from, so I might as well honor this revolutionist with my holiday pick of the day.

Crispus Attucks Day honors the man of the same name, who was the first shot dead during the Boston Massacre of 1770. While it's unknown whether this guy was a runaway slave or a free man at the time, he was one of the posthumous poster boys for this pointless day of death. "First to defy, first to die."

Retro-post coming eventually.

I think my grammar is just fine, actually.

My name seems to mean advising ruler or king. How appropriate.

December 28th is up. No CPU crashes, fantastic. SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP

I think my grammar is just fine, actually.

So is mine. But "fine" is still improper; I'm talkin' 'bout perfect grammar. Nobody ****in' has it unless they're some English teacher at a prestigious college or some **** like that. My point was, proper English is a *****.

My name seems to mean advising ruler or king. How appropriate.

ego +5

Maybe that explains your affinity with karp?

By god, you're right! It was destiny I was to receive my name. I now know my purpose in LIFE! =DDDDDD

Odds are you haven't so much as heard of absinthe; so let me enlighten ya. Absinthe Day celebrates the spirit of the same name. I'd love to divulge in my own palate experience with the drink, but... Can't say I've ever been blessed to have any. On a more important note, absinth has been banned since before Prohibition because of all the world wide anti-booze talk of the temperance movement. Even after the repeal, absinthe was still being unfairly criticized of being akin to drugs because of the very small amount of thujone in it; scientists believed it was what caused the psychoactive **** absinthe was well known for. Not that it caused ridiculous trips anyways, that's just a bunch of temperance-hater bullshit.

Hahaha -- Ive had real Absinthe. Well not "real" lol moonshine quality. Was based off a supposed historical recipe tho. Also had a friend who supposedly "imported" some, did look authentic... Also, you can buy Absenthe or the legal version now in the US. Ive had a couple bottles of this too. It has a very strong licorice taste, which turns a lot of people off. Its an acquired taste... Its really all about the preparation that I enjoy. If done right, it turns from green to almost milky white.

The thing is, no one knows what makes it work. Some believe its a push-pull effect from all the different herbs combined with very strong alcohol i.e. uppers - downers. Some believe that it was shady distillers using alternative toxic ingredients to save money. Personally, the **** is minimum 50% alcohol. That alone is enough to make a slightly disturbed person ****ing stupid crazy. From my experiences, it does have something "extra" which a lot of people cant handle.

Just to make this reply even longer, Ill add a short story. My friend was over one night and we were drinking some beer and decided to have some of the aforementioned homemade absinth. Now, I should mention this batch was particularly strong in both alcohol (estmd 80%) and wormwood content. After a couple glasses we were sitting in his car listening to music, he started going off on his girlfriend cheating on him blah blah blah... Next thing I know mother****er says "I gotta go" he jumps out of the car and just starts running! The next day I found him at his house, he had ran all the way home, probably 15 miles through cornfields and **** just to see what his girlfriend was doing.

But "fine" is still improper

WRONG!
Proper =/= perfect

SSBfreakCK said:
I'm talkin' 'bout perfect grammar. Nobody ****in' has it unless they're some English teacher at a prestigious college or some **** like that. My point was, proper English is a *****.

Perfect grammar doesn't exist while a language is living. They continue to evolve, ergo the ever changing English dictionary. Only dead languages such as Latin can be said to be enforced in a perfect manner.

Post of the day and an old article coming eventually.

Hahaha -- Ive had real Absinthe. Well not "real" lol moonshine quality.

Ya lucky sunovabitch. :p

Homemade booze is just as real as all the other **** ya buy in a store or at a bar IMO. Just less safe, and as ya certainly know, often more potent.

Proper =/= perfect

Correct on that technicality regarding evolution-of-languages bullshit, but I never implied proper grammar is tantamount to perfect.

March 6th

Today, we've got a good six holiday, and two birthdays.

Frozen Food Day
White Chocolate Cheesecake Day
Cheesefare Sunday
Namesake Day
Fall of the Alamo
Independence Day (Ghana)
Elizabeth Barrett Browning's Birthday
Michelangelo's Birthday

Frozen Food Day is not for the sake of promoting convenience over taste in frozen TV dinners, oh no. First of all, it celebrates foods that are meant to be frozen; y'know, ice cream and such. None of us should have a problem celebrating that half of the holiday. :lol: The other point of the holiday is to celebrate the invention of frozen food itself, the refrigerator/freezer, etc. Considering that frozen food has been sold in grocery stores for roughly eighty years now, I'd say such a modern convenience deserves a holiday. Lastly, preserving large portions of certain meats for special occasions, or simply buying en masse isn't plausible without the freezer. Frozen food is awesome, no matter how much I hate TV dinners. 'Nuff said.

White Chocolate Cheesecake Day is awfully... specific. If you read yesterday's retro articles, you damn-well know my stand on this. GTFO!

As delectable as a quality cheesecake is...

Cheesefare Sunday is, unexpectedly, a religious holiday... Kind of. A few weeks before Easter (the day Jeebus Christo is given a phoenix down every year), Christians are supposed to abstain from certain types of food. Dairy is one of them; so the day before the Great Lent's fasting begins, everyone pigs the **** out of delicious dairy products like cheesecake. Though, that's sort of an example of gluttony... ... ...

Namesake Day is the day to get in touch with relatives that aren't exactly relatives by blood, or even marriage; quite a few surnames are used by two separate families that have very little, if anything, to do with each other. For example, I know for a fact that there's a family in Poland that shares my surname. If I'm related to 'em, it sure as **** goes back a few hundred years (if not more) on the family tree. Can't say I'm 'bout to celebrate this day, but... feel free to yourselves. At the least, go use google and see if you've got some "relatives" you and your family have no idea about.

Fall of the Alamo honors the day the Battle of the Alamo came to an end, easily the most remembered battle and siege in the Texas Revolution, a day where no quarter was given to a single man. After a thirteen day siege, the mission-turned-fortress was assaulted by the Mexican army's troops-more than 3000 men strong. Easily more than ten times the size of the Texians holed up in the Alamo, it was a battle of numbers. Pretty obvious who was gonna win.

The assault raged on in the early dark of the morning, the first two waves of Mexicans amazingly driven back to regroup. Eventually on the third attack however, some of the Mexicans made their way in by scaling the walls and were able to find and open a postern on the northern wall, allowing the army to storm right in. Once they gained direct entry, it was only a matter of time. The chaos caused by the in-pouring Mexicans forced Texian troops to redirect their fire and men, thinning defenses at the other walls. This allowed even more of the enemy to climb the undefended walls without getting shot down. The Mexicans' numbers alone allowed them to flank as such, and once they gained ground, they continued to steal more. Texians were forced into close-quarters combat, and at that point it turned into a massacre. The Mexicans may of suffered up to two thirds of their forces; 2000; winning the final assault. But those who defended the Alamo to the death sure as **** died with honor, and took many of the enemy with 'em. In memory of such bravery (the troops who were originally stationed were about 100, against the Mexican army's original 1,500; they all knew they were going to die fighting), this gets my holiday pick of the day.

Ghana's Independence Day celebrates the day it had gained independence from British colonial rule after 83 long years, in 1957. Ghana was the country who started it all really, what with it being the first African country to declare independence.

Elizabeth Barrett Browning was a well-known poet of the Victorian era (1837-1901). She was certainly a child of potential, given that she was reading novels by the age of six (children these days still can't manage that...), and by the age of 15 she already had ideals, said ideals being in regards to some of the earliest feminist philosophies in history. Even more prodigious for the time is that she was entirely against slavery; even though her Father had a stake in the business; and her views on slavery are... pretty obviously reflected in some of her poetry. Not only was her poetical talent thoroughly abundant, but she was played part in philosophy, ideals, and even politics late in life. Even with a highly prestigious up-bringing, her accomplishments are note worthy to say the least.

Oh, and here's a fun fact for all you Yu-Gi-Oh players: one of her friends had the name G.B. Hunter. lmfao.gif

Michelangelo [STRIKE]di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni[/STRIKE] Long-Name is; hell, you all know who he is. The famous painter, architect, sculptor, poet, and engineer of Renaissance Italy. The name alongside Leonardo da Vinci that pops into everyone's head when you mention the Renaissance. Everyone's heard of his work on the Sistine Chapel ceiling and the like. It'd be a disservice to ramble on 'bout 'em; he's legendary enough that I need say no more, I'd say.

Note: the film John Wayne made (cleverly titled "The Alamo") is not historically accurate, but it certainly is a good watch.

Back