The negatives of the Strata, Masterton, etc.

Volcarona

The Sun Pokemon
Apr 11, 2011
The great state of Texas!
Wii Online Code
1512-1772-5792-0000
Now, I know what you're all thinking. "What? How can he dislike the freakin' Masterton! I'm outta here!..." Something like that, right? Now, trust me, I don't hate them. I love these guns :yesnod:, and I just said I'm pointing out negatives, not declaring hatred.

Basically, I have 3 big problems with good guns.

1) Hosts are more likely to quit if they see you with an awesome gun. I often get a host quit the second I pull out a high-ranking weapon.

2) As soon as I'm noticed, I become the hunted. Everyone wants to pick up my gun so that they can get the accolades or just own face. Normally, the people who hunt you down are really suckish, but I can't tell you how many times I've ended up ganged up on from several sides all at once.

3) I've noticed that Goldeneye has a way to make teams fair. They will try to make the TOTAL of the each player's levels as close as possible. In other words, if there were only 4 people, whose level's were 50, two 30's and a 10, the 50 and the 10 would get paired up, and the two 30's would team up so that the total of the levels of the two teams is 60, therefore making it somewhat fair. The problem with that, however, is that if you are a really high level, you get paired up with really sucky people to make up for the difference in levels, while the other team is made up of decent players who at least know what they're doing. This happens to me often, and it often results in me bailing out the entire team.

Despite this, the good guns do make it worth it. Even if you stuck with the Sigmus even at Level 56, the teaming system would still apply so you would have to use an Ivana or something just to compensate, so you pretty much have to use them. Besides, by the time you finally hit Level 56 you'll definitely be skilled enough to do entire bailouts.

So I'm gonna keep using my Ivana. I earned that thing. But do you guys feel differently? I hope I didn't ruin the whole "I'm getting those proxies if it's the last thing I do!" thing for anyone.

Last edited:
1) Hosts are more likely to quit if they see you with an awesome gun. I seemingly get a host quit the second I pull out my Masterton.
True enough.

2) As soon as I'm noticed, I become the hunted. Everyone wants to pick up my gun so that they can get the accolades or just own face. Normally, the people who hunt you down are really suckish, but I can't tell you how many times I've ended up in several people's crossfire all at once.
I haven't really experienced this, but even if it was the case...wouldn't it just make it easier to get more kills? :D

3) I've noticed that Goldeneye has a way to make teams fair. They will try to make the TOTAL of the each player's levels as close as possible. In other words, if there were only 4 people, whose level's were 50, two 30's and a 10, the 50 and the 10 would get paired up, and the two 30's would team up so that the total of the levels of the two teams is 60, therefore making it somewhat fair. The problem with that, however, is that if you are a really high level, you get paired up with really sucky people to make up for the difference in levels, while the other team is made up of decent players who at least know what they're doing. This happens to me often, and it often results in me bailing out the entire team.
They do balance the teams, but I don't think they try to balance the total levels. The #1 player (in terms of level) will get stuck with the #4 player while the #2 and #3 are together, even if putting the #4 on the same team as the #2 and #3 would make it more balanced in terms of levels. I think it's 1, 4, 6, and 8 vs 2, 3, 5, and 7, regardless of the level. I'm not certain on this, though. Regardless, this can be a good thing too. If your teammates suck, they're less likely to steal your kills! ^^

The better you get the more people hate you. They quit after you dominate a round. Soon the CPU matches you with equal competition.

Enjoy those weapons, you earned them. Dominate with them. The weapons are designed to help you when you are getting ganged up on.

People do hunt you. Once I started hunting some guy with a Masterton and Proximity Mines (which I know for a fact he hacked, btw) and managed to kill him around 5 times.

Anyways, if you got these weapons legitimately, don't feel inclined to stop using the for any of those reasons. Kill people instead! :D

Well...it´s really sucks when you are level 23-24 with a lot of time played , and you fight with level 50 guys with awesome weapons, the game get very un-balanced

Well...it´s really sucks when you are level 23-24 with a lot of time played , and you fight with level 50 guys with awesome weapons, the game get very un-balanced

Well Yes, but thats how it works, they went through that at one point too...
What sucks is when you're agaisnt a 45 and up, and you're below 30 and the rest of your team totally s!cks. You end up the only one on your team actually TRYING something, trying to get that high lvl dude, and at least get the rest of his team. You still get pwnd, cause well you're the only one not hiding

What sucks is when you're agaisnt a 45 and up, and you're below 30 and the rest of your team totally s!cks. You end up the only one on your team actually TRYING something, trying to get that high lvl dude, and at least get the rest of his team. You still get pwnd, cause well you're the only one not hiding

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. The problem is that the higher in level you go, the more sucky your team is. It gets to the point where you're the only one actually doing anything. No matter what gun you're carrying, 4-vs.-1 is hard and pretty unfair.

But some guys are high level just cheating :sick:

And really...it takes TOO MUCH time to get level 40-50. Your must play all day long for weeks to earn the necessary EXP points.

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. The problem is that the higher in level you go, the more sucky your team is. It gets to the point where you're the only one actually doing anything. No matter what gun you're carrying, 4-vs.-1 is hard and pretty unfair.

sounds like you sud party with other lvl 50's and then it would be fun

sounds like you sud party with other lvl 50's and then it would be fun

I've only ever played one game like that. 2 months ago, when I had a different username (Breloom(yeah, I don't know either)), I joined a heroes game with Prince-Luigi, and there were several other Lvl 40's-50's there. At this time, the only really good weapons to my name were the Strata and Anova. Our team lost most of the time because PL and 2 other lvl 50's were always on the other team, but it was still really fun because I wasn't the only one on the team actually trying to do anything. Best. Game. Ever.

Despite this, the good guns do make it worth it. Even if you stuck with the Sigmus even at Level 56, the teaming system would still apply so you would have to use an Ivana or something just to compensate, so you pretty much have to use them. Besides, by the time you finally hit Level 56 you'll definitely be skilled enough to do entire bailouts.

So I'm gonna keep using my Ivana. I earned that thing. But do you guys feel differently? I hope I didn't ruin the whole "I'm getting those proxies if it's the last thing I do!" thing for anyone.

God I HATE when that team compensation works out to not my benefit. Now that im leveling up higher and I am teamed up with the level 5 10 15 or 20's that can't point and shoot to save their lives and the other team just owns the other 3 people on my team ill end up with 18 kills and 9 deaths and the rest will have 3 5...7 kills and 15 deaths. Always happens and it pisses me off. I hate bailing on games but unless I am teaming up with buddies that rank near or higher than me I am bailing once every 3 to 5 games.

I am level 36 and now that I got my remote mines I use them like crazy and have racked up a lot of kills from them and have killed the entire opposing team by tossing one and in mid air blowing it up... That happened up stairs in the back on nightclub. BUT since using them I have been getting more host quit on me now... Maybe they think I am hacking with proxies or something cause I can toss my mines and make them explode before they hit the ground and it probably makes it look like I am using proxies? I don't know.

Not to mention the higher weapons get stuck with really low clips. Even when you trade in a proxie gadget for high clip with strata or ivana you only get 38 bullets :( another thing I noticed is they make the higher level guns a bit harder to control exp: Strata, Ivana, and especially the Anova, Wazoo, and Masterton. I remember how smooth the stauger, Vargen, and Terralite were when I had them. Don't get me wrong the higher level weapons are more deadly but they have a few down sides.

Not to mention the higher weapons get stuck with really low clips. Even when you trade in a proxie gadget for high clip with strata or ivana you only get 38 bullets :( another thing I noticed is they make the higher level guns a bit harder to control exp: Strata, Ivana, and especially the Anova, Wazoo, and Masterton. I remember how smooth the stauger, Vargen, and Terralite were when I had them. Don't get me wrong the higher level weapons are more deadly but they have a few down sides.

Yeah the smaller clip thing can be a big pain when you have 2 or more enemies and you run out of ammo and don't have any cover to reach to reload. If I can have access to a anova strata or ivana I'll put it on burst fire when I am shooting a med/longer distance so I don't blow a whole clip Rambo style in 2.2 seconds on someone that only got hit by a total of 4 bullets of the 30.

I got my vargen 3 levels ago and I am in love with the thing paired up with a silencer I can be fatal with it and I use it in all small to medium maps with a good amount of cover. For all bigger maps I stick with my terralite ACOG or silenced. And if I'm bored I'll snipe.

Question. Which assult rifle has the best range and accuracy? I would guess the ivana but I could be wrong? Am I?

Last edited:
Back