The official conduit thread - the sequel

The gap is a lot smaller than most people think but the problem is that lazy developers are giving the Wii a bad reputation. There are a lot of Wii games that have better graphics than 360 games. I would mention which ones they are but I'd rather refrain from a retard flamewar.

I would only agree with this on regular tvs. I think people forget that the graphics on 360/ps3 is no better than wii on a regular tv because a regular tv only has a 480 resolution. at this point, a majority of people dont have hdtvs, so there are probably a lot of people with 360/ps3 who are not getting the better graphics they are paying for and/or think they are seeing which is kinda funny.

I would only agree with this on regular tvs. I think people forget that the graphics on 360/ps3 is no better than wii on a regular tv because a regular tv only has a 480 resolution. at this point, a majority of people dont have hdtvs, so there are probably a lot of people with 360/ps3 who are not getting the better graphics they are paying for and/or think they are seeing which is kinda funny.

That's exactly what I meant. I don't count resolution as graphics cause you can have crap graphics and horrible art direction at 1080p. I once played Bioshock(t3H Gr@PHICKX!!!!1) at 480p and the game looked no different from a Wii game.

The funny thing is that most people walk into a gamestop that has the PS3 hooked up to a 1080p display and they buy one expecting the same level of detail at home on their 15 year old CRT.

The funny thing is that most people walk into a gamestop that has the PS3 hooked up to a 1080p display and they buy one expecting the same level of detail at home on their 15 year old CRT.

yea i would guess quite a few people, probably over 50% (at least) of people with those systems are not using hdtvs, considering most of the general population has yet to upgrade to them. its funny that people complain the wii graphics are not good yet most likely a lot of those same ps3/360 users are not seeing better graphics on their systems because they arent using hdtv.

yea i would guess quite a few people, probably over 50% (at least) of people with those systems are not using hdtvs, considering most of the general population has yet to upgrade to them. its funny that people complain the wii graphics are not good yet most likely a lot of those same ps3/360 users are not seeing better graphics on their systems because they arent using hdtv.

Thats not true at all. From comparing Mario Galaxy and GTA4 both on an SDTV GTA4 looks much better. Its not just resolution. Better graphics because of better hardware. I'm not being a fanboy, I can see the difference.

Thats not true at all. From comparing Mario Galaxy and GTA4 both on an SDTV GTA4 looks much better. Its not just resolution. Better graphics because of better hardware. I'm not being a fanboy, I can see the difference.

You do realize you are comparing two different games, right? Of course the graphics of one is better than the other. Did you compare GTA4 on a 1080 vs 480 tv? What we are saying is that the Wii is capable of producing the exact same graphics on a 480 tv as any of the other systems.....now on a 720/1080 that is not true. So, if you have a ps3 and only a 480 tv, you are not going to get better graphics than the wii...that is for games made to utilize the 480

You do realize you are comparing two different games, right? Of course the graphics of one is better than the other. Did you compare GTA4 on a 1080 vs 480 tv? What we are saying is that the Wii is capable of producing the exact same graphics on a 480 tv as any of the other systems.....now on a 720/1080 that is not true. So, if you have a ps3 and only a 480 tv, you are not going to get better graphics than the wii...that is for games made to utilize the 480

Did you read what I said. They were both on an SDTV. An Mario is supposedly the Wii's best graphics. They didn't look the same. I promise you that GTA4 looked better.

You're wrong, he's right.

Did you read what I said. They were both on an SDTV. An Mario is supposedly the Wii's best graphics. They didn't look the same. I promise you that GTA4 looked better.

can you provide a logical explanation why the wii 480 resolution would be worse than the ps3s 480 resolution?

Last edited:
Because I've seen with my own eyes. Better Hardware means better models regardless of the resolution.

Resolution has nothing to do with graphics. For example a white blank screen at 480p is not different than say Gears of War at 480p.

The resolution is EXACTLY the same.

Resolution has nothing to do with graphics. For example a white blank screen at 480p is not different than say Gears of War at 480p.

The resolution is EXACTLY the same.

Question, are you agreeing or disagreeing with me?

Back