The official conduit thread - the sequel

Hardcore gamers prefer playing FPS games on PC rather than 360/PS3.
Wii controls just take it to the next level IMO.

It's not a matter of being used to the controls, it's a matter of which controls suit a game best, and the wiimote is perfect for first-person shooters.

Looks like a fantastic game. I can't wait till the release.

Stupid time, always holding me back!

nintendoH said:
so. what makes you think that this game is better than any regular fps on the 360 for example.
or its only special cuz its on wii ?
tell me guys whats uniqe in it?

NintendoH... don't come in here and just start fights ok? This game is quite unique since it's projected to be the best FPS on the Wii so far... It has unique controls that stray away from generic FPS controls on the 360 and the controls are completely customizable down to the smallest detail. I'd say its going to be a very good, unique game...

Reasons why the Conduit is hyped up:

5)brand new engine made specially for the Wii to push its capabilities
4)solid looking FPS that's not in the WWII era
3)wiimote gives FPS lovers a new innovative way to kill in games
2)wiimote is the most immersive way to play FPS games for some people
1)wiimote is the most fun out of the 3 type of controls for some people

Wii's controls are superior to 360/PS3 controls when it comes to FPS games.
Ever play COD5 on Wii?
It's about 6146466146879136 times more fun.

I have to agree. Using the wii zapper is awesome. I dont think I could play a FPS with a keyboard/controller again. Using a gun for gun games is just awesome. I mean how fun would house of the dead be with a keyboard?

Reasons why the Conduit is hyped up:

5)brand new engine made specially for the Wii to push its capabilities
4)solid looking FPS that's not in the WWII era
3)wiimote gives FPS lovers a new innovative way to kill in games
2)wiimote is the most immersive way to play FPS games for some people
1)wiimote is the most fun out of the 3 type of controls for some people

Am I the only one who throws up a little when I hear the word "innovative"?

you can't deny that the controls for the wii ARE in-fact "innovative" now, the games are another story. And that's why this thread is so popular and HVS is gonna get lots of well deserved love(and maybe some money) for this.

What makes it not innovative? Sure the controls haven't been used well in the past, but I am a firm believer when they are used in shooting games where they tend to work best.

With the Conduit, it appears to be no different, and improves on what has been done already.

Innovative sort of implies something new. Didn't Duck Hunt use IR?

I'm not here to start anything, I just want to make a point. Sovieto, I think you are using the word innovative wrong in your mind. Innovative means like, new and original. The Wii's controls are completely new and original. Just wanted to put that out there! :D

What makes it not innovative? Sure the controls haven't been used well in the past, but I am a firm believer when they are used in shooting games where they tend to work best.

With the Conduit, it appears to be no different, and improves on what has been done already.
It's not about The Conduit, but every company seems to just be throwing around the word "innovative" lately and it has lost its meaning.

if i payed attention to marketing i would've nuked the planet by now.
-edit-
innovatively :p

I'm not sure if EA used the word "innovative" but they sure seem to think it is:
http://www.wiichat.com/nintendo-wii-gaming/57914-new-dead-space-wii-details-disappointing.html

But I don't mind the word when the statement is true as in the game Let's Tap! that game and Wii Sports sure were innovative, but for someone to copy those concepts and then credit themselves as innovative is a shame. But I think in this case The Conduit DOES indeed have enough original(and innovative) concepts behind them to allow them to use that word for its true meaning. So I wouldn't mind here.

Back