The Post-Game Thread (now with moar games!)

Them 2 handed vanguard swords are really something. With them, one gains to ability to single-handedly complete objectives, such as lighting that signal fire, which I once deemed impossible. I do miss my flail, but being able to one-hit archers is a great boon.

1601326_708089922558317_909917551_n.jpg

The picture that makes me want to play the game

After bein' distracted by the 'Karptacular multiplayer for literally months, I've finally finished AC:IV's single player (though I've still a meager 9% left to complete; won't take more than a few days). I find the ending... double-edged. After so many AC endings,
we finally get somethin' concrete. Not a gigantictacular utter bullshit cliff hanger as every AC game past II has unnecessarily had. But naturally, it's still open-ended as they always want. If the return of Ratonhnhaké:ton doesn't happen (don't you dare, Ubisoft...), I wouldn't be surprised if the Kenway line continues another way, be it the story of Haytham or finishing up Edward's business with the assassins and raisin' his family 'fore he bites the dust.

But at the same time, despite not bein' bullshit in the way many AC endings are, it's still bullshit. How can someone like the Sea Devil properly repent? He seriously gets off free from the law, manages to obtain redemption despite all'a the water he's run red, and even raises a family (dysfunctional Templar-prone son regardless)? Nonsensical Disney endings are nonsensical. You still failed stickin' the finish, Ubisoft.

On that note, much as I enjoyed the countless hours I put int' the game, I'm still disappointed. Not in the experience, but in Ubisoft. Every new game feels less 'n less like the original, in a bad way. More streamlined, more glitches, less stealth, less polish.

But it ain't all bad I s'pose. Only the bigger missions tend to be that stupidly cinematic streamlined experience that punishes you for bein' a few centimeters off the designated path. Plenty bad no doubt, but there is freedom in how you approach a situation stealthily most'a the time otherwise. Not that it matters, because stealth is as impractical as it is time consuming... ... ... thanks for not upholding the promise to increase fightin' difficulty, Ubisoft.

Oh, and meh @ Edward as a character. Not the archetype or tropes he belongs to, but how Ubisoft presented 'em. They completely ****ed up Connor by tucking away most of his character development in lackluster, made-at-the-laste-minute missions. For Edward, they kind'a ****ed up in general. T'is laughable since his character is shallower than Cape Bonavista's tide pools.

Finally got around to fighting Medeox, ignored the snakes the first time I fought him and got wrecked by poison so I went and bought an antidote tome from the Halls store, after a couple more failed attempts I got a strategy down which was to take the snakes out first with my bow and arrow. After the snakes were dead it was just a case of spamming him down with arrows until the 2nd phase of the fight where he spits ice souls at you.

They were only harmed by magic so I just took them out with firebolt during breaks of shooting Medeox's face with the bow and arrow, boss fight was relatively simple once I learned a pattern although trying to get that "Defeat Medeox without killing any of it's snakes" achievement will be hard to do on my 2nd playthrough so I'm thinking wand and spell abuse there. End of the day I've made progress, don't care what anyone says, learning the bosses in UnEpic is a complete hassle and getting a pattern to flawlessly kill said bosses is an achievement in itself.

PS: Hardest boss is still Gauntlik IMO even though this boss took more attempts to learn.

4 hours of Black Flag playtime < 2% synchronization

wat eez dis sheet

Got back to Dragon Age and started a new character. I never noticed how good the dialogue and voice acting was. Well, it is Bioware after all.

Played Baby Face Blaster Scout again. ****'s fun, I should stop using the Sandman though, I suck with it and the guillotine (STAR FTW OMFG SANDMAN GUILLOTINE COMBO FTW).

Also got myself a Vintage Huntsman, learned that the Huntsman arrow tips are made of positive tips, I'm made of negative magnets so they're attracted to me and everyone else is made of positive magnets. In other, I suck with the damned thing but it's still good fun to mess around with when I'm bored of the Sniper Rifles.

96% completion. Enjoyed all 70 hours I've thrown away t' get there... bar the badly programmed parts.

Though I'm sure my frustrations will soon mount, as during the next session I'll need to full sync missions I forgot to (the full sync requirements are very unobtrusive 'n appear for a short amount of time, and thus can be hard to notice)... but so long as none'a them are as painful as AC:III's Eye of the Storm full sync requirements, I'll do just fine. And probably enjoy it.

Last edited:
96% completion. Enjoyed all 70 hours I've thrown away t' get there... bar the badly programmed parts.

Though I'm sure my frustrations will soon mount, as during the next session I'll need to full sync missions I forgot to (the full sync requirements are very unobtrusive 'n appear for a short amount of time, and thus can be hard to notice)... but so long as none'a them are as painful as AC:III's Eye of the Storm full sync requirements, I'll do just fine. And probably enjoy it.

Badly programmed parts? Why have I heard this like a million times before?

Whatever the reason, it has nothin' to do with the developer, or yearly game releases. Nope. Definitely not. Nah.

In other news, AA is a tad more bearable when I can play aggressively (which is t' say, only when I have a defender that I can count on]). <3 Fast Recovery

Finished Mark of the Ninja

This is one of the best games I have ever played. Gameplay is addictive and unique, there's always multiple options to choose in everything. It's how I would imagine a Sandbox Stealth game. I always wondered how storytelling can be used in Video Games and this one is so far the best example I have of this. Storytelling in video games is not just limited to cutscenes, but in gameplay as well and this does a good job at using both.

klei ftw even though dont starve is the only game of theirs ive played

3~ hours later, I'm still at 96%... man. Maybe I won't be done in just two days. And speakin' of bein' done, I wonder how I'll fare against the Legendary Ships now that the Jackdaw is fully upgraded. It'l probably be a piece'a cake and thus be disappointin', since the Jackdaw's deck bein' decked out utterly breaks the game. Makes Lv. 60 Men o' War a joke without even needin' mortar shot. With mortars, epic lulz. I took out three of said galleons, two overleveled frigates, and a brig all at once.

I can freeze/stun/paralyze even some bosses. That's hilarious. Now to find a piece of mage armor that doesn't make my pc look asininely stupid. What is that supposed to be on his head?

Finally got around to beating UnEpic. Great game the ending I got was very entertaining.

"Eternal Agony" was very cleverly put and completing the final section of the game, which surprisingly enough wasn't the tower (which is the final section of the castle, split into two sections).

So after being clubbed around by my own weapons off ghosts that I couldn't see and scaling a tower full of annoying ass mages I reached the final section of the game, ELVES. **** those guys honestly, since I had armour level 1 they did insanely high amounts of damage to me, killing me in 3-4 arrows if I didn't watch my health and the Ents were a hassle, especially in combination with the cleric elf mages that would sit and heal them. Took forever to kill those ****s so I just shoved all my spare level up points (all 10 of them) into fire and spammed Fire Breath to take care of them, which still took an extremely long time.

Also figured out that despite mental magic lacking early game when Daniel receives it, it becomes one of the most important spells in the game allowing you to single out enemies and make everything a million times easier. Even if you only have the sleep spell which he gets by default upon getting mental magic, it's utility is incredibly useful.

98% sync. Today's the day! ... Probably.

Also, the new Game Lab event sucks. Hate it with a passion. I'd rather play Wanted. ¬_¬

Back