The Wii is NOT "kiddie"!

Status
Not open for further replies.
it both, made for kids and for adults, dont u see the commercial on tv with the kids and adults playing on the wii

FR. said:
But they can. Who the hell says hardcore gamers don't enjoy the Wii. Sure, most people say that hardcore gamers play 360s and PS3s. But let's slow down and look at what a hardcore gamer actually is. You may be surprised when you see:

Funny, it doesn't mention M games or Ao games anywhere. A hardcore gamer could be a 6 year old who enjoys playing Pokemon half the day. So, think you might want to reconsider what you call a hardcore gaming console.
to bad hardcore can mean something different to everyone, this was debated a lot during the wii release, and that was the verdict

Wiil said:
The Wii aint kiddie, i have Godfather (18) and Prince Of Persia (16+) and you can get loads more violent games!!! **** the twats who say wii is kiddie!
yes, but the point was that these arent exclusevly for the wii

TortillaChip520 said:
yes, but the point was that these arent exclusevly for the wii

They are not exclusively for Wii, but they are still for the Wii aren't they? I see no major difference.

FR. said:
They are not exclusively for Wii, but they are still for the Wii aren't they? I see no major difference.
a mature person sees no reason to buy them for the wii when they could buy them for another console that has them + other mature exclusive games

Sovieto said:
a mature person sees no reason to buy them for the wii when they could buy them for another console that has them + other mature exclusive games
Actually a mature person doesn't worry about whether a game is perceived to be mature and would buy the games that they find the most fun. A mature person would buy the console which has exclusive games that appeal to them.
I'd take exclusive nintendo games over the PS3's or 360's any day. Who cares whether the games have an 18 sticker on the box? It doesn't mean the game will be more fun.

powpowpow said:
Actually a mature person doesn't worry about whether a game is perceived to be mature and would buy the games that they find the most fun. A mature person would buy the console which has exclusive games that appeal to them.
I'd take exclusive nintendo games over the PS3's or 360's any day. Who cares whether the games have an 18 sticker on the box? It doesn't mean the game will be more fun.

but the exclusice games for wii are more aimed at younger ppl i think is the idea

TortillaChip520 said:
but the exclusice games for wii are more aimed at younger ppl i think is the idea
Yes exactly. My girlfriend couldn't care less about the rating or the type of gameplay and she says too many of the Wii games are meant for kids. She isn't a gamer at all and is now stuck playing Wii Sports, Elebits and Wiiplay because the system is lacking something fun for adults. I bought her Big Brain Academy for a birthday gift but it hasn't arrived yet (hope she doesnt read this!)

Its not really to bad but its not anywhere as near as violent as the 360 and Yes I think its funner when you can shoot off there arm are head and see blood fly anywhere I dont know it just seems to make the kill funner and the wii only has one game that you can do this? correct me if im wrong and its re4 which is just a port game that dosent have online :( does scarface are godfather have blood and gore?

Aren't all of you generalizing a little bit too much? Mature people won't buy those games for Wii when they could get them for another system? Nintendo has the best exclusive games? Etc etc etc.

We could sit here and argue all day over whether the Wii is hardcore or not. I've argued but am done. All I have to say is each person will decide for themselves between the Wii, 360, or PS3. All 3 are great systems that will appeal to a large amount of people. Owning a Wii doesn't make you kiddie nor does owning a PS3 make you mature.

Jangles said:
Its not really to bad but its not anywhere as near as violent as the 360 and Yes I think its funner when you can shoot off there arm are head and see blood fly anywhere I dont know it just seems to make the kill funner and the wii only has one game that you can do this? correct me if im wrong and its re4 which is just a port game that dosent have online :( does scarface are godfather have blood and gore?

heh.. thats sad.. you need to see blood in order to have fun in a ****ing game... you need to seek professional help.

ive played games for about 17 years or so WITHOUT gore.. im not going to say ive never played a game with blood and gore and didnt have fun but im saying there is more to a damn game than killing somebody.

I think when you compare Miyamoto's idea of user avatars and compare it to the Wii's Mii's, which are supposed to be dolls found popular in japan, I would say that move helped the kiddie image A LOT.

Shiftfallout said:
I think when you compare Miyamoto's idea of user avatars and compare it to the Wii's Mii's, which are supposed to be dolls found popular in japan, I would say that move helped the kiddie image A LOT.

yeah that did not help the public image of it being kiddie. but thats it just public image... you think the wii is not kiddie then its not kiddie if you do then it is. its all about the way you define kiddie.. i mean yeah most games are geard toward the children but then theres games that are not geard for the kids. and we all know which way nintendo will go... (kid tested, mother approved) which is ok.

interesting point, if kids argue that its not kiddy, doesnt that kind of counter prove it? where as if non-kids, like you said ages 18-30 feel its kiddie, then who to believe? the kids that argue its not kiddie or the grown ups that argue that it kind of is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back