The Wiimote, what do you REALLY think?

I love the controller.... but can't they change the God-Awful text on the controller... I love the name now, but the text is so ugly

wiirun said:
At first I hated the remote, but I've grown to like it :)

I would have to agree. I still have some doubts, but like NOA president said: "playing is believing". Just wish I could get my hands on one that way I can be a believer. Either way I'm getting the Wii.

Last edited:
<offtopic>

AskAboutMe said:
and ps2 is a way more powerful machine!

We all know the Gamecube is more powerful than the PS2. Only Xbox of that generation beats it. This is a fact so do your homework ;)

</offtopic>

i0n said:
I personally think Nintendo are risking alienating a lot of 'casual gamers' who dont particularly want to get so involved in a game and would rather pick up and play for a short period of time.

In fact Nintendo is aiming at the opposite of what you're saying, this is what Iwata said at the E3 press conference. They're aiming at the core gamer AND people who never played games and want to try it cause it will be very accesible with the intuitive controller. Like play a game of tennis or some WarioWare minigames.

I've been looking forward to seeing more about the Wii ever since it got introduced at E3 last year and now I just KNOW it is going to be big, with the E3 press conference stealing the show and all :D I think that because of the price, parents will definately be buying their kids a Wii, not a PS3 or Xbox360! This alone is a big plus for Nintendo.

Simply Great...That is the best controller ever produced. And i think its nice....i still don't know if they will sell the nunchuk with it or seperately...:S

AskAboutMe said:
I love Nintendo...They might not have the most powerful systems but they still seem to deliver...Example Resident Evil 4. We all now this great game of 2005 looked better on the gamecube than the ps2 and ps2 is a way more powerful machine! Nintendo will always continue to deliver no matter how powerful sony and microsofts system get. WE LOVE YOU NINTENDO!:)
i hate to disapoint you but the gamecube is actually more powerfull at least in the processor speed as gamecubes specs are

485MHz custom CPU with 162MHz custom graphics processor • 40MB total memory; 2.6 GB per second memory bandwidth
12M polygons per second; texture read bandwidth 10.4 GB per second

and ps2's are

CPU: 128 Bit "Emotion Engine"
System Clock: 300 MHz

System Memory: 32 MB Direct Rambus
Memory Bus Bandwidth: 3.2 GB per second
Co-Processor: FPU (Floating Point Multiply Accumulator x 1, Floating Point Divider x 1)
Vector Units: VU0 and VU1 (Floating Point Multiply Accumulator x 9, Floating Point Divider x 1)
Floating Point Performance: 6.2 GFLOPS
Compressed Image Decoder: MPEG2

Graphics
Clock Frequency: 150MHz]
DRAM Bus bandwidth: 48 GB Per Second
DRAM Bus width: 2560 bits
Pixel Configuration: RGB:Alpha:Z Buffer (24:8:32)
Maximum Polygon Rate: 75 Million Polygons Per Second
3D CG Geometric Transformation: 66 million Polygons Per Second

Audio
Number of voices: ADPCM: 48 channel on SPU2 plus definable by software
Sampling Frequency: 44.1 KHz or 48 KHz (selectable)

so yea i guess the ps2 overpowers the cube but not in all aspects

I LOve The Idea Of The Remote!

Swordfighting, Shooting Driving... ENdless!!!

The remote is the one thing that is keeping me from buying the system, and I really, really want to get wii over ps3, but just can't unless their is an alternative to the wii remote.

Last edited:
phimuajedi69 said:
please tell me 'wiimote' is not the official name....

i believe matt cassamassina first used it. in fact, in an interview perrin kaplan gave him credit for the name. he's ign's wii editor, in case someone who doesnt know that happens to be here...hahahahhha..

as far as the controller goes, its important to realize that every major console nintendo made has had a breakthrough in controller tech, if not multiple.
NES: face buttons w/ a d-pad
SNES: standard 4 button layout and shoulder buttons
N64: analog stick and trigger
CUBE: first-party wireless
Wii: well.....well see in another 5 years if its all that big a deal

i trust nintendo, a little too much at times

the new news at GC has scared me a little, "the wii will release at the end of the year"....to me, that sounds worse than "quarter 4, 2006"......

sony: 2 shoulder buttons? lets make 4....an analog stick? lets make 2

Nintendo's new controller is the next generation in gameing. Nothing on the market compares to it. Also, the Wii graphics will be fantastic. Just because Nintendo is not talking about graphics doesn't mean they won't be great. The fact of the matter is, people can be closed minded to new ideas and new concepts. In order to understand what Nintendo is doing you have to break away from the norm. Technically, yes the Wii may be inferior to Xbox 360 and PS3 but how much of those systems power is really being used for games and not just added functionality. Wait till you see Twilight Princess. Then you will know that the Wii graphics will be Terrific. Nintendo is betting dat the graphics from last generation is not yet outdated. I bet the graphics on Twilight Princess can compete with any games that comes out on Xbox 360 and PS3.

Ketico said:
Nintendo's new controller is the next generation in gameing. Nothing on the market compares to it. Also, the Wii graphics will be fantastic. Just because Nintendo is not talking about graphics doesn't mean they won't be great. The fact of the matter is, people can be closed minded to new ideas and new concepts. In order to understand what Nintendo is doing you have to break away from the norm. Technically, yes the Wii may be inferior to Xbox 360 and PS3 but how much of those systems power is really being used for games and not just added functionality. Wait till you see Twilight Princess. Then you will know that the Wii graphics will be Terrific. Nintendo is betting dat the graphics from last generation is not yet outdated. I bet the graphics on Twilight Princess can compete with any games that comes out on Xbox 360 and PS3.

twilight princess is made on the cube. it will be the best looking game on cube, and possibly wii, but honestly, it will not compare to ps3 and 360 games graphically. it will not compare to upcoming wii games either. it wasnt originally made for wii, its using cube graphics.

AskAboutMe said:
I love Nintendo...They might not have the most powerful systems but they still seem to deliver...Example Resident Evil 4. We all now this great game of 2005 looked better on the gamecube than the ps2 and ps2 is a way more powerful machine! Nintendo will always continue to deliver no matter how powerful sony and microsofts system get. WE LOVE YOU NINTENDO!:)

just reading throgh here and spotted this:

RE4 came out for GC in 2004
GC is more powerful than PS2

The Wiimote Is My Favorite Thing ABout The Wii!

THE NEXT GENERATION OF GAMING!!!

Rob A said:
The remote is the one thing that is keeping me from buying the system, and I really, really want to get wii over ps3, but just can't unless their is an alternative to the wii remote.

I just have to give this a WTF, if you dont want to use the Wiimote then why exactly are you buying the Wii? The whole point with this console is the motion sensing and you don't want to use it?

Back