WiiMote - Is It Really Revolutionary?

Dongo said:
I was playing the 'New Super Mario Bros' and i was really upset. I heard nothing but good things for it. After thw second worldi had 33 lives and said "Screw this, i cant play anymore." It was so easy and was nothing like the original mario bros. The mushrooms really killed it. I got one and started running through the whole level, fun. That sucked cause it made getting a star pointless.

And as far as mario strikers/tennis or any off game hes made, they suck. I dont want to play a baseball game with special moves, save that for something else. Thats would be like playing Grand Turismo and giving the cars the ability to jump on to the oposing cars and squish them or spreading wings and flying. It doesnt making it a racing game anymore.

Mario is just getting to big and really really really retarded.

Why is it such a bad thing that Nintendo actually tries to do something different with their sports games?

We all know what EA and a bunch of other companies will turn out tons of realistic sports games, so I applaud Nintendo with going a different direction and putting little twists on sports we love.

We should be happy that someone has the balls to try something different to give us new experiences. I mean come on how many Madden's are there?? They haven't changed much over the years and they get old really quick.

*yawn* 1 thing that makes the Wii Remote revolutionary:
IT ACTUALLY WORKS, AMAZING!!!!!!!!
Night night.
P.S. I didn't realize this was a European forum until you all referred to soccer as football. Wow!

surfinrach90 said:
I see, you want one of those 'real' football games with like the real players in the game yes? :)

I was just pointing out that this, although it isn't with 'real' players and all that, it still is a football game..

Oh indeedy, there is no doubt this is a football game of sorts, just me and my love affair! :smilewinkgrin:

matguy87 said:
We should be happy that someone has the balls to try something different to give us new experiences.
But when sony introduces a new drive its retarded? Not just blu-ray, the ps2 dvd as well. Your dont care if its new or different, you just care about one thing (NINTENDO) that name will sell you anything and you will buy it. Do you need it? No, doesnt matter cause its (NINTENDO)

Dongo said:
But when sony introduces a new drive its retarded? Not just blu-ray, the ps2 dvd as well. Your dont care if its new or different, you just care about one thing (NINTENDO) that name will sell you anything and you will buy it. Do you need it? No, doesnt matter cause its (NINTENDO)

Haha... Did I ever say Blu-ray or the DVD was retarded?

Anyways, having Blu-ray in a console doesn't change the game play at all... well maybe a little added content, but u can get that by using multiple dvds on other consoles. It would be nice having a PS3 and an HDTV for watching movies but im just not rich enough...

Oh yea, before this year I hadn't even contemplated buying a console the only reason I bought the Wii was because it was something a lot different and cheaper than any thing else offered...

Last edited:
Dongo said:

It is retarded because they're FORCING a DVD player on the consumer and not just ANY DVD player but a next gen DVD player that might not even win the format war! Added to the fact that if Nintendo does decide to create a console with a DVD Drive it might be an ADD ON. NOT a part of the system. OR they could produce 2 different models of the Wii. One with DVD. One without. Its not really that hard to understand that. Microsoft knows its all about options hence why they have 3 different SKUs which are radically different. They cater different people. Sony on the other hand is just a machine like corporation pushing its selected media format on the average consumer.

As for the Wiimote of course its revolutionary. Thats the bottom line. As for the Wii itself I didn't buy it because of its price. I bought it because the concept is exciting and the games are fun while having decent graphics. And in the future I plan on getting a 360 because it also is an undeniably GREAT system which is focused on making great games. The PS3's price is an issue but its not the big one. Theres nothing on the PS3 that makes it worth the money to me or most consumers. I've got a DVD player already. I've got a computer. I've got an ipod. All I want....all I need is a console to PLAY GAMES. Anything else is just fluff. Granted it might be nice and pretty looking fluff but don't get mad because people don't feel compelled to buy unncessary stuff. And before you reply well, "Xbox also has fluff" let me point out that the XBox also has great games and an excellent online system. After doing some research I can tell that Microsoft is truly serious about gaming in general but that they're also interested in bringing other media to the genre. And thats fine as long as it doens't cross a line.

Back