WiiMote - Is It Really Revolutionary?

Griever said:
Four words. Not A Football Game.

Sorry.. but I fail to see how this isn't a football game..

Mario-Strikers-Charged-1.jpg

super-mario-strikers-4.jpg

super-mario-strikers-gamecube.jpg

I know you like to argue about every single little thing everyone says.. but you can not argue that this isn't a football game...

Edit: Ohh and there's always this of course..

Mario_Strikers_Charged.jpg

Last edited:
In reply to your initial post, yes. That is, for a home gaming console, and further more fur the price it is marketed at. Sure, we have seen all kinds of things with motion sensability (if thats a word applicible to this case) But we dont see them in the home. As for DDR, well, merely pressure sensative pads. But you make a good point. It isnt all that revolutionary technologically, but as far as home gaming goes, we are all a bit behind in that area. Sure, we put the best (or next to it) parts in our machines, but as far as the apparati and interface are concerned we seem to be lacking, only now in this "Next-Gen" era, are we catching up. We now see sony and microsoft with wireless, six axis controllers. But the wii takes it one step further.

Sorry.. but I fail to see how this isn't a football game..[QUOTE/]

Mario-Strikers-Charged-1.jpg

I know you like to argue about every single little thing everyone says.. but you can not argue that this isn't a football game...[QUOTE/]

I actually agree with Griever. I think I know what he means.

I just can't play football unless it's real. But thats just because I love football for the beautiful game it is. Thats not to say Mario Strikers won't be a class game but to me, a goal isn't meant to be scored by a flaming looping ball.

Pro Evo is the only reason why I still own a PS2.

I see, you want one of those 'real' football games with like the real players in the game yes? :)

I was just pointing out that this, although it isn't with 'real' players and all that, it still is a football game..

...from what I read it means indoor football, where as all the levels are open (bar about 4 levels).

So its more like a mix of the two.

[EDIT] Apparently indoor football is a different thing again and is outside. Pretty odd.

I class it as football so meh.

Last edited:
I skimmed through it. too lazy to read. but revolutionary: no, its been done in arcades as you said. buuuut, home-wise, yes, i only say that because I don't recall any systems using IR and motion as the controls for any game. unless you count the DDR dance pad lol.

it's just something different and more interactive, i wouldnt call it a gimmick though, some people perfer the new way, some people perfer the old way of button mashing, that's all it comes down to imo.

Acidburnoptix said:
Futsal huh... interesting...
*Not really*

Just making a point.
I'd rather watch myself crisp over into a corpse than watch actualy football, having that said.

I was playing the 'New Super Mario Bros' and i was really upset. I heard nothing but good things for it. After thw second worldi had 33 lives and said "Screw this, i cant play anymore." It was so easy and was nothing like the original mario bros. The mushrooms really killed it. I got one and started running through the whole level, fun. That sucked cause it made getting a star pointless.

And as far as mario strikers/tennis or any off game hes made, they suck. I dont want to play a baseball game with special moves, save that for something else. Thats would be like playing Grand Turismo and giving the cars the ability to jump on to the oposing cars and squish them or spreading wings and flying. It doesnt making it a racing game anymore.

Mario is just getting to big and really really really retarded.

Personally I think if the Wii fails it's not the control's fault, it's just lazy developers. It's a risk with most western developers, but I think Nintendo is getting good support from Konami and others with fresh ideas.

Personally I think the controls for Zelda were rushed. I think they could've been more interactive with the sword movements, but overall I'd much rather play it on the Wii because it's fun and it feels the most natural.

I guess it's more preference.

Last edited:
Yea, the "Awsome looking" Resident Evil rail shooter.Prepare to see a lot of those Wii. Thats really what your best at, bringing arcade shooters home.

Dongo said:
I was playing the 'New Super Mario Bros' and i was really upset. I heard nothing but good things for it. After thw second worldi had 33 lives and said "Screw this, i cant play anymore." It was so easy and was nothing like the original mario bros. The mushrooms really killed it. I got one and started running through the whole level, fun. That sucked cause it made getting a star pointless.

And as far as mario strikers/tennis or any off game hes made, they suck. I dont want to play a baseball game with special moves, save that for something else. Thats would be like playing Grand Turismo and giving the cars the ability to jump on to the oposing cars and squish them or spreading wings and flying. It doesnt making it a racing game anymore.

Mario is just getting to big and really really really retarded.

Eh I really disagree with that. I love all the Mario Sport games and I can not see why people love simulations that eventually get old. What's so wrong with arcadyness?

Now I'll agree with you on New Super Mario Bros., but I never expected much from it as I kept seeing more of its lame screens. Super Mario Galaxy looks like the real deal though.

mmmmmmm

Griever said:
Because of all this I think it is sort of backwards the way that Nintendo (and many of their most zealous supporters) back the WiiMote as being a new and exciting gaming renaissance when, in all honesty, even the C64 had games with WiiMote style controls.

I owned a Commodore 64, its like a keyboard/PC with an external tape drive or 5 1/4 floppy disk drive.

You have to load games by typing in commands similar to DOS for PC's (something like load "game name", 8, 1)

It had standard joy sticks (with 2 or 3 buttons or so) if i recall correctly with no such thing as rumble or anything. It come out in like 1980 ish.

Please explain to me how a console/PC with DOS commands and standard basic joystick with normal up, down, left, right movement by moving the joystick manually could possible have 'wireless motion sensing/movement' and please list a game that had it as well. Please explain how the C64 had wireless joystick and motion sensing/movement when that techology didnt exist in 1980 (that i know of) and the joystick was connected to the C64 with a wire?

I kinda think you have no idea what a C64 is let alone motion sensing.movement.

Not really. SMG looks kinda lame. The world are really, really small and its not much free roam. If thats fun trying playing with a yo-yo. Lotsa fun there.

Back