The World Asunder (Sign-Up and OOC Discussion)

Heheh, I believe Dirge would be more than happy to explain that one for you. Probably best left to VM or PM though.

I'd be [STRIKE]moar[/STRIKE] less than happy to recall your douchebaggery!

As my avatar suggests, I'm a Pokemaniac. Had a bit of a hobby doin' rule-laden playthroughs of most Pokemon RPGs ("Challenges", if you will /shameless plug). I was doin' a Challenge where the team of Pokemon I use is assigned by everyone else, I've no choice in the matter. So this asshole decides t' give me an Altaria for my Challenge.

Now let me tell ya, this thing's 'bout as worthless as a Caterpie. Its stats are garbage, most of its moves are garbage, and literally nothing else in the game levels up as slowly as it does. It wasn't just dead weight, it was a downright hindrance. No, worse than that since I'm forced t' use it, to waste so much time leveling it up with the rest of my team. Never once was it ever helpful that entire playthrough. Despite Pokemon games being some of the easiest RPGs EVER, never once did "Fluffy" prove to be anything more than the worst Pokemon ever. Every time it failed to be useful, I grew angrier at the hatbird. And eventually angry at Storm. And then he proceeded to rub it in my fishy face whenever possible.

As for the signature quote... every time Altaria is mentioned, he shows up to make a joke about my past suffering. Even during periods of time when he's inactive. It's like he's ****in' stalking Google for any 'n every mention of Altaria, and it boggles my bloody mind.

tl;dr

Storm's OCs represent but an infinitesimal fraction of the twisted, sinister machinations brewing in that nigh-empty skull of his. Also, he's even uglier than the Kapshen. More stupider too.

I'd be [STRIKE]moar[/STRIKE] less than happy to recall your douchebaggery!

As my avatar suggests, I'm a Pokemaniac. Had a bit of a hobby doin' rule-laden playthroughs of most Pokemon RPGs ("Challenges", if you will /shameless plug). I was doin' a Challenge where the team of Pokemon I use is assigned by everyone else, I've no choice in the matter. So this asshole decides t' give me an Altaria for my Challenge.

Now let me tell ya, this thing's 'bout as worthless as a Caterpie. Its stats are garbage, most of its moves are garbage, and literally nothing else in the game levels up as slowly as it does. It wasn't just dead weight, it was a downright hindrance. No, worse than that since I'm forced t' use it, to waste so much time leveling it up with the rest of my team. Never once was it ever helpful that entire playthrough. Despite Pokemon games being some of the easiest RPGs EVER, never once did "Fluffy" prove to be anything more than the worst Pokemon ever. Every time it failed to be useful, I grew angrier at the hatbird. And eventually angry at Storm. And then he proceeded to rub it in my fishy face whenever possible.

As for the signature quote... every time Altaria is mentioned, he shows up to make a joke about my past suffering. Even during periods of time when he's inactive. It's like he's ****in' stalking Google for any 'n every mention of Altaria, and it boggles my bloody mind.

tl;dr

Storm's OCs represent but an infinitesimal fraction of the twisted, sinister machinations brewing in that nigh-empty skull of his. Also, he's even uglier than the Kapshen. More stupider too.

Sounds like you had fun with that. Did the challenges thread die or something while I was away?

Also I was wanting to make a Kapshen, shame on you for calling out a different race you...fish...

@ Dirge: awe, you credit me far too much.

@ Parrakarry: did Dirge's reply satisfy?

@ Pichu: he certainly DID have fun with Altaria. What an amazing poke... And Dirge, if I remember correctly, you started seeing slight use once it evolved... Still, while being a Hat-Bird, it did its job at annoying you thoroughly :) that Altaria... Amazing...

Anyways...

@ Gigs: this story is looking to be good. Can't wait to start it. Anyone else up for making more characters? Btw, you can make Kapshen different then how I did. I added on traits because my guy was Half-breed.

Imma make an evil character that may or may not see much use, and a neutral or good character which I intend to be my main guy. Or girl. Whichever.

Also asked my off-forum friend if he was interested. He said he'd think about it, and I doubt he'll actually do it in the end. But who knows?

Edit:
(Samna might not end up being quite as prominent as Kai, unless someone wants to have an Erigan character and get some diplomacy-action going. Eh? Eh? Anyone? No? Squidman?)
Didn't notice you had mentioned me until now. I just finished reading the OP, and I'm taking your SU and all the others into consideration while brainstorming ideas for my characters.

Last edited:
Ansa Hifhildr

Species: Fae

Allegiance: Good

Appearance: Ansa is 5' 8", with a slender and athletic physique. Her silvery-white hair, a sign of her Fae ancestry, is cut short to keep out of the way when she fights. She wears light, dwarven-wrought chainmail made by her adoptive father, Brogar, in addition to light and durable work pants with metal kneepads. Her clothing is generally rather dirty and the edges of her sleeves have slight burns on them. Hidden on her back is a large burn scar located on her left shoulder.

Biography: Ansa was born into a family of Fae nobles in Miriel. Her father, Tamseril, was a respected member of the Mirieli Fae community and was even said to be descended from the last of the Fae Lords before the Final War of Magic. When she was six, her family went into hiding in Ustuk. Since she was just a young girl, Ansa did not know why they were hiding or what they were running from, but she remembers her father, normally a collected and composed man, being more shaken than she had ever seen him as they departed Miriel. Whatever was following them eventually found them in Ustuk, hiding out in a cabin in a dwarven village. The town was set ablaze, killing everyone else in Ansa's family and burning her badly on her left shoulder. She was saved from the inferno by a group of dwarven miners, and she remembers seeing a figure in a gold robe viewing the fire from a safe distance as the dwarves escaped the blaze with her in tow. Taken to an underground smithing facility, she was taken in by the leader of the smiths, a dwarf named Brogar "Ironfoot" Burnesson. Brogar, having never had children of his own, took a liking to the young Fae and raised her as his own daughter, teaching her combat and the secrets of dwarven smithing magic. Once she turned 25, Ansa set out on her own to discover what she could about her family's fate and take revenge on those responsible, and as a parting gift Brogar gave her his family's most prized possessions, the Legendary Familiars Zeal and Apathy. With her new weapons in tow, she travelled to Avalon, and has taken up residence in the Lower Avalon slums, where she is part of the APF (Avalon Protection Force). She is also following any leads she can about the person responsible for killing off the remaining Fae.

Personality: Ansa is gruff and no-nonsense, and behaves very much like the dwarves who raised her, valuing hard work and elbow grease above fancy language and material possessions. Stubborn almost to the point of pigheadedness, it can be very hard to change her mind once she has settled on something. While at first glance she may appear cold and unfriendly, once you get on her good side she is as loyal as allies come, never backing down from a fight when her friends are on the line. She also has a large soft spot for dogs, and is very friendly to them.

Familiar:
LEGENDARY FAMILIAR- ZEAL AND APATHY: Zeal and Apathy are a pair of dwarven-forged short swords that are together considered to be one of the ten Legendary Familiars from the Final War of Magic. They store seithr within their handle and grant the wielder cryokinesis powers, giving their blades an icy edge and allowing Ansa to fire blasts of cold and icicles and her foes. While they were considered one of the most powerful of the Legendary Familiars, they require an atmosphere of seithr to reach full potential and thus are no more powerful than a usual Familiar.

Other Skills: Ansa is well-trained in firearms and keeps a pistol at her side at all times. She also has an incredibly high alcohol tolerance, gained from her time with the dwarves, and can drink almost anyone under the table.

Last edited:
Giga, I'm curious about how interbreeding can happen between the races, excluding the Splinters, obviously. Can they all basically interbreed with each other, or are there limitations? I apologize if this question was asked already, but I don't believe it was. Could be wrong. Or if I just outright missed something in all that text.

Is there a link to any of your previous RP's around? I'd prefer getting a feel of things before diving in.

Is there a link to any of your previous RP's around? I'd prefer getting a feel of things before diving in.

You're the last member I expected t' have any interest in typin' up a Blizzard.

... next to mr. and his grammar lul

Back