The World Asunder (Sign-Up and OOC Discussion)

@Bodine: Both Accepted, just make sure Mr. Assassin isn't too outrageously powerful.

Name: Citri Liquoric
Species: Human (Volur)
Age: Unknown. Seems to be in her late teens or early twenties.
Country: Unknown. Resides in Middle Avalon much of the time.
Allegiance: Good/Neutral
Appearance: Citri has long black hair, which has a few red streaks in it. She is quite pretty, although most would say she leans much more towards the cute side. She is rather average in size for a woman of her (estimated) age, being 5'7 tall and weighing about 130 pounds, with an average breast size. She generally alternates between two outfits. She wears the Kingdom Guard uniform while on duty for them. While not wearing that, she is usually wearing a small orange coat, which is rather thin and is composed of a soft material. The coat is colored so that the sleeves, neck area, and bottom all end in a black band. She keeps this unzipped most of the time. Under the coat she wears a white and black striped shirt, with the stripes being horizontal. She wears a knee length pleated skirt, which is orange with a few large black flower designs on it. Regardless of her outfit, she is always wearing a black scarf with a few large white flower designs on it.

Biography: Not much is known about Citri's past. She seems to have no actual memory of anything more than a few years ago, which was when she was hired by the Kingdom Guard. Since then, she has aided them with various missions, most of them involving her abnormally frightening fighting ability (will go into more later). She resides in a Middle Avalon apartment, which the Kingdom Guard helps pay for. She has a few friends throughout the city which she visits during her free time.

Personality: Citri is a very excited and curious girl. She's kind to just about anyone, and is very bubbly. Unfortunately, she is quite stupid. Among other things, this leads to her mindlessly following the orders of the Kingdom Guard without questioning whether or not what she's doing is right. There are times when she, for some reason, acts slightly out of character. Lately, this has been becoming more and more frequent.

Familiar: Citri usually just uses her Familiar to power up her attacks with seithrjen. For example, she can charge seithrjen to power up her punches, which she often uses. She is also capable of using it to fire blasts of red magic.

Her Familiar does have an actual physical form, which is rather deadly. It is simple, yet very, very effective. It is a giant red axe, rivaling Citri herself in size. Despite its immense size, she is able to easily swing it around to cut down foes. She doesn't axeually (...) use it all that often, since she generally doesn't need it to destroy things, but it helps as a last resort or if she's up against a powerful foe.

Other Skills: Citri doesn't use any physical weapons aside from her Familiar. Despite her appearance, she is horrifyingly potent in combat even without it. She is very agile, and often just punches enemies into oblivion even without seithr. Although not indestructible by any means, she is capable of tanking most attacks with ease. And of course, being a Volur, she can generate her own seithr.

[strike]I'm slightly confused about whether or not she's allowed to use seithrjen magic blasts without her Familiar. I guess I could integrate it with her Familiar if it's not possible. And regarding the OP categorization, just put her under "Good", I guess.[/strike] Edit: Got it, edited.

Last edited:
@Neosquid: Just include her seithrjen abilities to tie into her Familiar, since she needs a source of seithr to perfrom them, and I'll Accept it.

Edited, Giga.

Two more things I'm a taaaad unsure about. Am I correct in thinking that portions of the Lower Avalon city end on a cliff? It is a floating island, after all, but I'm not 100% sure that the Lower Avalon city extends to the edge of the island. And regarding the Soot District in particular, I do believe that, at the moment, some random fleeing civilians, the Splinters, the giant Splinter, Ansa, and Pumice are there now? I'm not sure if there's any Avalon Protection Force members there now besides Ansa, and I don't believe the Kingdom Guard is sending anyone down there, correct? I'm aware that Lambert/Masked Knight is on his way there.

Just wanna be sure that I've got everything straight. Maybe some other people were unsure too. It can be a bit difficult keeping track of all this information.

Parts of Lower Avalon's edge are walled up, but yes, parts of the edge lead directly off into a cliff. Also, Lambert is there, but Ansa and Weidr are not, they're inside a building at the moment.

Hey guys, the game is looking great so far. I really like the characters people are posing and the way the story is going. There is, however, something we ought to clear up:
technology.

From what I've gotten in talking with GigaRidley (correct me if I'm wrong), the technology is basically contemporary. However, keep in mind that these people had something that we in the real world never did: Seithr. A source like that, and easy access to magic would change an awful lot. There may have been an industrial revolution, but not on the same scale as ours, probably. Also, remember that devices might not have the same name. What I mean by this is basically: be creative, think about how seithr might have influenced technology. When Kai and Weidr were landing, they weren't like, oh, where are we? Let me just use my iPhone5 and google maps to figure out where this incursion is. Religion and language will also have been influenced. Expressions won't be the same, and religion has been left mostly untouched, though I'll wager it has played a significant role in this world.

I just spent forever typing up a post on the RP only to have Wiichat log me out and delete my work. Night all, I'll type it up again in the morning.

I've little doubt that at least hundred paragraphs of miscellaneous guff I've typed over the years has been devoured by that there log out issue. From this, I've learned to always copypasta large posts into a Notepad prior to postin'. Doubt it's saved me a hundred paragraphs just yet, but it certainly staves off frustration mighty effectively.

Oh, and in case ya didn't know, Wiichat automatically backs up your posts as ya type it out. Go Advanced in the RP thread and see if ya can't salvage somethin'. The log out issue might nullify any saved stuff, but it's obviously worth a check.

Last edited:
Everyone's doing a pretty good job with this so far, imo. Some of the characters are rather segregated from the action in Avalon, but this should be less of an issue in whatever the next phase of the plot is. I may or may not introduce Citri soon, still thinking about various ideas involving her.

I just spent forever typing up a post on the RP only to have Wiichat log me out and delete my work. Night all, I'll type it up again in the morning.
What a *****. >:c

Finally done my character after a little while. Hope you guys don't mind me creating a broken variant of a certain species.

Name: Karigen Granger

Species: Kapshen

Allegiance: Neutral

Appearance: Karigen is a rather short Kapshen coming up at only 5' 8", he has muddy green scales and is a bit scrawny and appears extremely weak compared to other Kapshen. He's often seen wearing a brown hooded jumper and a baggy pair of jeans that has a tear in the rear to allow his tail out.

Biography: Karigen was abandoned at birth because he was very small compared to the other Kapshen that were born in his clan, he was picked up and raised in an orphanage located in the main city - Zeldrid. Instead of growing up with a lust for combat like other Kapshen he grew up as a trouble maker, stealing items and pulling pranks was a common occurrence for him.

When Karigen turned 17 the Orphanage was attacked by Splinters, most of his friends and carers were killed but he managed to escape with a few others. He now lives in a rundown house located in the slums of Zeldrid and performs small time burglaries to keep a roof over his head and to keep his stomach full.

Personality: Karigen is a rather quiet person, he won't engage in conversation even when addressed to unless he hears a topic that interests him. He's a small time gamer and is often playing shooter games on "his" pc when he's stolen and laundered enough goods to pay for a months worth of food and rent.

Karigen however is good hearted and will not intentionally harm another person with ill intent.

Familiar: Karigen's Familiar is a military knife. The blade can block the targets ability to use their Familiar's Seithr ability if the wielder is weak enough. He only uses his knife in desperate situations and rarely uses it for lethal purposes.

Other Skills: Karigen often uses his claws and tail to steal valuables off of unsuspecting personnel or to collect trapped items that are bait for small time thieves like him. He's also an inexperienced fighter but due to his species he shows promise in this area and is willing to learn how to properly defend himself.

Now if you don't mind I have to go catch up on the actual RP thread.

Last edited:
[STRIKE]RPing > College[/STRIKE]

I'm finished until the 6th and don't have to study for anything cuz I'm a super genius
F5z5LCX.gif

Back