Thinking of buying a 360? ::FAQ::

But Gold Members still have to use Microsoft Points to buy those things correct? And what are some of the reasons you suggest getting the Premium instead of the Elite?

MasterJedi2U said:
But Gold Members still have to use Microsoft Points to buy those things correct? And what are some of the reasons you suggest getting the Premium instead of the Elite?
yah they still need to use m$ points
well besides the color (which would be the only reason id buy it, and maybe hdmi)
if you dont have a hdtv, and your not planning to spend big bucks downloading tons of content to make use of the 120gb, you wont fill it up and wont need it
i have around 10 arcade titles + all my saves and demos, and videos and what nots and patches..and i've only used 3gb..
i only get the videos that are free, in the future i do plan on renting some movies, but they are only for rent and you delete them off your harddrive once they expire
so unless your a huge entertainment junkie, you dont need 120gb, or you have the extra 80 and want to buy it for the black
i am planning to trade in 1 of my contorllers and buy a black one ;)

I am getting the core pretty soon don't need the online xbox live i got a PC for that I'll get the wii in the fall getting ovbilion and probably fear with it memory card 2 ;)

Last edited:
zeon9881 said:
sovieto nice post! how much are these in canada? and dosnt 360 scratch discs (or was that xbox)
no clue about that, i dont plan on dealing with prcies outside of the US, you can look them up though easily from the website of a large retailer =P
360 will scratch your disc if you are running it and move it from a horizontal to vertical or vice versa posistion, which you have to be an idiot to do without thinking of any problems it would cause

Sovieto said:
no clue about that, i dont plan on dealing with prcies outside of the US, you can look them up though easily from the website of a large retailer =P
360 will scratch your disc if you are running it and move it from a horizontal to vertical or vice versa posistion, which you have to be an idiot to do without thinking of any problems it would cause

you won't believe the people sign up on the 360 forum to say help me my disc is screwed up and now it won't play all I did was move the console. Isn't there a sticker on the 360 to say don't move when on? or Help I got the red ring of death so it makes the 360 look more unstable than it truly is

Some questions:

I've never owned an Xbox and don't know much about the hard drive. What exactly is its purpose and what gets stored on it. Is the 20gb (13gb) enough if I'm just planning on playing games? Should I get the 120gb because I'll regret not having it when I start running out of space?

What else can the space be used for? Is it just downloadable stuff you pay for, is there anything you download that is free?

Are there modchips for the 360? Can you still play on Live if you mod?

Why should I get a 360 over a PS3? Its hard to justify the $50 for games for me, but $60 is gonna be even harder. (I'm mostly leaning towards a 360 because of the cost)

I'm thinking about getting a 360, Too Human looks amazing, and I will be very upset when GTA IV comes out and I can't play it. Not too many wii titles excite me lately, and those that do aren't gonna be around for a while.

Last edited:
I never really got into learning much about the 360, but one of my friends mentioned playing his own music during games. Instead of having cds burned to the xbox though, could I transport them via flashdrive or any other means. Also, does it only apply to certain games, or can I listen to my jams during any game, if not, how bout Gears of War? Thanks in advance

ocdan said:
I never really got into learning much about the 360, but one of my friends mentioned playing his own music during games. Instead of having cds burned to the xbox though, could I transport them via flashdrive or any other means. Also, does it only apply to certain games, or can I listen to my jams during any game, if not, how bout Gears of War? Thanks in advance
yah you can during any game
and im not entirely sure but im pretty sure you can use a flash device, but thats something not many people bring up..

Sovieto said:
yah you can during any game
and im not entirely sure but im pretty sure you can use a flash device, but thats something not many people bring up..
Yeah its no biggy, its just that once I usually get cds I burn them to my laptop then pass the cds on to others (oops, is that sharing? haha), or I download and my friend told me something about not being able to use "pirated" songs with MS stuff nowadays.
Also I was reading from the xbox site that you can connect an mp3 player and play with that, but it didnt specify whether or not it could be used during gameplay.

Last edited:
MasterJedi2U said:
get the elite its the best and you get brag!

Wow, thanks for the help some useful information in here :ihih:
I'm thinking of getting the core edition because I don't have a wireless connection or anything like that.. but do I still have anything on the x360 to store saved files or anything like that or would I have to buy memory cards?

WiiHoldOnTight said:
Wow, thanks for the help some useful information in here :ihih:
I'm thinking of getting the core edition because I don't have a wireless connection or anything like that.. but do I still have anything on the x360 to store saved files or anything like that or would I have to buy memory cards?
the onlything wireless with the pro is the controllers, it comes with an ethernet cable,and with the core, you will have to buy either a memory card or the harddrive for it

WiiHoldOnTight said:
I'm probably not going to play online too much if I get it so do you still suggest I get the pro? nad then buy memory card?
if your not going to go online much and just plan to play the video games you buy yes I would suggest the core (and yes you need to purchase a memory card). But if you plan to buy arcade games or videos/movies, you should get the pro with the harddrive. By the way, the memory card is like $30-40 for the 64mb, and $50 for the 512mb. So if you have the extra cash, it would be best to just buy the Pro because you'll also get the things stated in the first post.

Back