Thinking of buying a 360? ::FAQ::

ocdan said:
Yeah its no biggy, its just that once I usually get cds I burn them to my laptop then pass the cds on to others (oops, is that sharing? haha), or I download and my friend told me something about not being able to use "pirated" songs with MS stuff nowadays.
Also I was reading from the xbox site that you can connect an mp3 player and play with that, but it didnt specify whether or not it could be used during gameplay.
bump, sorry Im just quite curious of this matter

ocdan said:
bump, sorry Im just quite curious of this matter
if you can indeed connect your mp3 player then yes you can play it while playing a game

I was really impulsive after seeing the Too Human footage, but I might if the nintendo online sucks.

Skorp said:
Some questions:

I've never owned an Xbox and don't know much about the hard drive. What exactly is its purpose and what gets stored on it. Is the 20gb (13gb) enough if I'm just planning on playing games? Should I get the 120gb because I'll regret not having it when I start running out of space?

What else can the space be used for? Is it just downloadable stuff you pay for, is there anything you download that is free?

Are there modchips for the 360? Can you still play on Live if you mod?

Why should I get a 360 over a PS3? Its hard to justify the $50 for games for me, but $60 is gonna be even harder. (I'm mostly leaning towards a 360 because of the cost)

I'm thinking about getting a 360, Too Human looks amazing, and I will be very upset when GTA IV comes out and I can't play it. Not too many wii titles excite me lately, and those that do aren't gonna be around for a while.

Skorp great question.. this is excally what i need to know because my bday is coming up :)..if someone could answer that would be great :thumbsup: lots of good info

Skorp said:
Some questions:

I've never owned an Xbox and don't know much about the hard drive. What exactly is its purpose and what gets stored on it. Is the 20gb (13gb) enough if I'm just planning on playing games? Should I get the 120gb because I'll regret not having it when I start running out of space?

What else can the space be used for? Is it just downloadable stuff you pay for, is there anything you download that is free?

Are there modchips for the 360? Can you still play on Live if you mod?

Why should I get a 360 over a PS3? Its hard to justify the $50 for games for me, but $60 is gonna be even harder. (I'm mostly leaning towards a 360 because of the cost)

I'm thinking about getting a 360, Too Human looks amazing, and I will be very upset when GTA IV comes out and I can't play it. Not too many wii titles excite me lately, and those that do aren't gonna be around for a while.
omg man im sorry i didnt see this one

-if your just for playing games, 20gb (its really 13gb though) is more than perfect, i have the harddrive and i love to download demos and free videos and arcade games, and i still have plentyyy of space, 120gb is for if your a hardcore video junkie, like stated in the FAQ

-demos are all free, sometimes they have free shows for certin amounts of time (recently a great episode of south park and a so-so episode of andy miliknois were offered for free) there are also free content things like sometimes new maps, themes, or gamerpics (but for the most part they cost money)

-that is not a topic im very keen on, modding is bad for the most part, but im sure there are, but probably cost some serious $$

-well first off, for the games, you get what you pay for, most 360 games that im aware of pack in tons of punch, making them worth the $60. development costs are high for the 360 so the games are going to be great or else they wouldnt be made (this excludes those crappy movie-to-game games though)
360 if first off cheaper, an awesome online system, and has already great exclusive games. halos are reason enough, they stay exclusive for about 3 years though, games like gears of war, mass effect, too human, all exclusives. also the 360 has a LOT of third-party support right now offering a huge variety of games to play. also, ps3 has lost quite a few exclusives already (namely gta4 from day 1) so thats more reason NOT to get a ps3

-too human does look amazing, theres a huge week of coverage over at ign right now ^.^

Too Human and Mass Effect are really hard to resist but I think I will stick with PS3 but nice Sovieto here's some rep

updated
-minor changes and what not
-Accessories section (BIG)
-added Lost Planet to the list of hit games

WiiZero said:
Too Human and Mass Effect are really hard to resist but I think I will stick with PS3 but nice Sovieto here's some rep
thanks mate

Hey I just have a question about the warranty on the 360. Im buying mine tomorrow and the extended 2 year warranty for the Best Buy warranty is gonna cost me 90$ CDN extra and the warranty is 1 year with microsoft (that comes with it.) I was wondering if anyone knew how long the defects on the Xbox 360 take to show themselves. I ask this because if i have my 360 for a year and the defects start showing i would be screwed. Thanks for your input. The defects i have heard of are (disc scratching and red circle of death).thanks.

proadam said:
Hey I just have a question about the warranty on the 360. Im buying mine tomorrow and the extended 2 year warranty for the Best Buy warranty is gonna cost me 90$ CDN extra and the warranty is 1 year with microsoft (that comes with it.) I was wondering if anyone knew how long the defects on the Xbox 360 take to show themselves. I ask this because if i have my 360 for a year and the defects start showing i would be screwed. Thanks for your input. The defects i have heard of are (disc scratching and red circle of death).thanks.
first off, if your buying a 2 year warranty that should make it a total of 3 years, unless you mean your buying an extra 1 year on top of the 1 year free. mostly the defects show themselves within the first months, but they can crash probably up to 6 months from them, but all the 360s now have gotten past the main issues and the failure rate is much smaller
btw, disc scratching is due to idiots moving their console like from up right to horizontal while playing a game...

Back