Thinking of buying a 360? ::FAQ::

Sovieto said:
first off, if your buying a 2 year warranty that should make it a total of 3 years, unless you mean your buying an extra 1 year on top of the 1 year free. mostly the defects show themselves within the first months, but they can crash probably up to 6 months from them, but all the 360s now have gotten past the main issues and the failure rate is much smaller
btw, disc scratching is due to idiots moving their console like from up right to horizontal while playing a game...

thanks for the info i appreciate, I won't be spending 90$ on extended warranty

im going to split the accessories part into sections later
its to big of a wall of text

One question do you need to have your LIVE account active to earn achievements

Sweet wonder why I thought that, also... shoot I forgot me question.

.ok im gonna buy a xbox core (used) (refurbrished) from ebgames and i have questions

1. what do i lose if i dont have a hardrive

2. can i still go online

3.im buy used so will their be any complecations (as in the {gulp} ring of death)

4.and please PLEASE their isnt any FC is their

5. is their any lag online

6. what are points? and how do i get them?

7. and if i put a movie on to a usb can i watch it on the xbox 360?

zeon9881 said:
.ok im gonna buy a xbox core (used) (refurbrished) from ebgames and i have questions

1. what do i lose if i dont have a hardrive

2. can i still go online

3.im buy used so will their be any complecations (as in the {gulp} ring of death)

4.and please PLEASE their isnt any FC is their

5. is their any lag online

6. what are points? and how do i get them?

7. and if i put a movie on to a usb can i watch it on the xbox 360?
1. You cant save any acheivments or download demos and tv show/movies. You cant save games or anything that needs saving. You also cant play any Xbox games, you need it for the backwards compatability.

2. No, youll need the HDD or a memory card.

3. I havent had any problems with mine, just keep the vents clear and dont put it next to anything, that sucker gets hot.

4. no their are NO friend codes, just gamer tags. Its really simple to add a friend to the list, just punch in their screen name and it will invite. I guess its like FC's but with names.

5. No, not really. Sometimes but rarely.

6. Think of the show 'Whos line is it anyway' where the points really dont matter. It just to show that, yes you have beaten a game or you got a secret. Some are worth 10 points while the easy ones are like, 100. They dont 'do' anything or unlock anything.

7. As long as its WMV format then yes. It only reads Windows Meadia files.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Blast you Sovieto.

You've tacked on $500 on my wish list!
And that's already accompanied with $480 worth of stuff!

And a quick question. Is there any adventure games? Not RPG?
Almost similar to a Zelda. Unlocking items and more health, but without gaining levels. Just bigger and badder equipment.
Though I will want to pick up Oblivion when I eventually get a 360~

Trulen said:
Blast you Sovieto.

You've tacked on $500 on my wish list!
And that's already accompanied with $480 worth of stuff!

And a quick question. Is there any adventure games? Not RPG?
Almost similar to a Zelda. Unlocking items and more health, but without gaining levels. Just bigger and badder equipment.
Though I will want to pick up Oblivion when I eventually get a 360~
:cool:
ive never played it but i guess Fable 2, its not out yet but its a coming, to be honest though, it seems like adventure games like zelda and them are becoming outdated, its allll about leveling and stuff now it looks like

ooo and Kameo
[review]
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/666/666667p1.html

Last edited:
is the premium have enough HDD space for like game saves, some demos, and a few arcade games. also do you have to pay for movies and tv shows on marketplace?

Back