those wii "flippers"

kmcheng

WiiChat Member
Nov 21, 2007
checked the result, didn't get the lucky draw for Wii from amazon
While I am surfing amazon, some people are angry about those flippers who buy more Wiis than they need and sell for high price, since the supply still cannot meet demand.
Is this action ok? For me, I think it is fine, as long as it is not those retail stone employees who "reserve" those Wiis to "buy for their families" and make a fortune from it.
When there is scarcity, the price will be determined by the market itself, unless it is a necessity for daily life. I know on amazon or ebay, people selling wii for $400+ just for the console package, no extra games besides the sports, and still like 20 people bidding it. There are some people who love the Wii too much to wait, and some people within do have the cash and don't mind to spend it, to pay more is a good way to get one under the situation now.
Not to mention, this kind of "game" is not for long anyway, once the supply meets the demand. I still remember, the first week of the PS3 release, people are will to pay $3000 for it, some even post 5 digit amount on ebay. But this craziness is only for that first week.

What do you guys think?

i think it is all good, the market decides the price,thats is by its definition, a free market economy.

Now,who wants a wii? under a year old, with Wii Sports, £400 + delivery :D

I did that with a wii once. buying it for £180 ($370) and selling it for £240 ($480) making a tidy sum of £60 ($120). WOOHOOO

Back