Time to go to Wal-Mart?

Spitfire_K

Pwn'n n00bs since 1989
Nov 4, 2006
Missouri
Wii Online Code
0908-1940-6799-6591
Our Wal-Mart didn't do preorders. So considering that every other place around here (Gamestop, EB, etc.) is filled up with preorders, what time should I go up to wait in line for a Wii at Wal-Mart. I think they only have around 20 at launch. I was thinking of going Friday right after school on the 17th, but would it be worth it. I think it would but I need some feedback.

I'm not sure man, I never camped before. I know when the 360 was released there were stores that were ALOT worst than others. I have a connect working on tgetting me one, but as I did wit hthe 360, I go out around 6 in the morning and see which store is the best and usually hang around for awhile. Get this ****. Last year I waited in my local's FYE line. I was 2nd in line. The bastard finally gets to the store 5 hours laters and says "Unless you have a pre-order you should leave." The guy almost got jumped. Luckily my connect pulled through and I had a 360 that afternoon woot woot. Now, I am going to do the same exact thing with the Wii... go out and TRY to get one and if I don't wait to see if my connect pans out. I should have a Wii on launch though as they will be a **** load more available than the 360 was.

ABC said:
I'm not sure man, I never camped before. I know when the 360 was released there were stores that were ALOT worst than others. I have a connect working on tgetting me one, but as I did wit hthe 360, I go out around 6 in the morning and see which store is the best and usually hang around for awhile. Get this ****. Last year I waited in my local's FYE line. I was 2nd in line. The bastard finally gets to the store 5 hours laters and says "Unless you have a pre-order you should leave." The guy almost got jumped. Luckily my connect pulled through and I had a 360 that afternoon woot woot. Now, I am going to do the same exact thing with the Wii... go out and TRY to get one and if I don't wait to see if my connect pans out. I should have a Wii on launch though as they will be a **** load more available than the 360 was.

U LOVE BRAGGIN BOUT UR DAD DONT YOU!

ME HOPEFULLY IF I GET THE 19TH OFF I WILL B THERE AROUND 3-5PM SAT.

At my wal-mart we are getting 40 i found out today and well basically im going to go saturday night...the store is opening at 7 am sunday...so i get it around that time go home and have all day of playing and MONDAY THERES SCHOOL...

i was talking with someone working at a 24 Walmart and they said that when the 360 came out for a midnight launch, people just started showing up after 10, and they ended up raffleing off the systems. Hell yes Im gonna go there earlier, talk with a manager, get on his good and friendly side, and get permission to establish a Wii line in the afternoon if one hasnt started, just to make it easier and more organized for them.

Equis said:
U LOVE BRAGGIN BOUT UR DAD DONT YOU!

ME HOPEFULLY IF I GET THE 19TH OFF I WILL B THERE AROUND 3-5PM SAT.

:lol: Not at all man, I am just really nervouse that I won't get one! So I try to make myself feel better. :ciappa:

Im going around 4 or 5 pm at the midnight launch at my wal mart. Hopefully thats early enough.

I'm not risking it, i seriously feel like going friday after school.

I'm going to Wal-Mart at 4 pm on Saturday with a friend so we can get food and what not, That's only if I can't reserve one online

So what do you guys think I should do? Friday or later?

hows this? I plan on goin sunday aroun 4am to walmart, if the line is huge and i know i cant get one there, i am going to costco and if that isnt i will wait until they open, if that is bad then i will try target. 4am isnt that bad? Its my best shot that i can get a ride. Do i still have a shot if i go at 4am?

my wal mart is getting 40 and he said that if i come a 5 am ill get one..but im going earlier to be on the safe side..its nice to have a car

I dunno man. 4am on Sunday is a little late, the latest i would go is 12pm on saturday, it's worth the wait, plus travel time between stores might do you in. i say chill at the store with the biggest electronics dept. and wait. Call up all the places and see who is getting the most and go there early.

why are people so crazy about getting their wii on launch day?

If i can wait till February you can wait till one day after launch day (remember the uk launch as well)

Ronan said:
why are people so crazy about getting their wii on launch day?

If i can wait till February you can wait till one day after launch day (remember the uk launch as well)

Thats just called being a Harcore Nintendo Fan!
I myself cant wait any longer than 2 weeks.... So I must have it the day it comes out!!! So if I have to wait a whole week in line :lol: I will do it!!!

How does 4:00am on Saturday sound...... too late?

Last edited:
Back