Time Travel.

Brawny said:
Well a "doughnut" shape could be created so that time and space travel in a loop. We would only be able to go back to the time it was created though.
Funny you should say that, because I speculate that with infinite time, the universe once was and will be again going through a loop. The big bang theory works into this, with the big crunch and then a new galaxy. No matter how many times it does that, with an infinite amount of time, it's bound to come back to this. In essence, we've run through this exact same course and we will again. I think it works even if you take out the big bang theory - there's only a finite amount we could do, a finite amount of variation, working within the laws of physics, that could ever happen, and then we repeat ourselves. I may not have explained that very well, it's late.

Of course, I haven't ruled out the possibilty that there's a minute chance that time may not exist at all - and since the laws of physics are based upon time's flow, it means that a universe without time exist without physics. It's highly unlikely, but this very moment could just well be the universe itself - since everything we remember is based upon memory, if in a (truely) random universe without time, it's possible that time doesn't exist at all - we just are in this very moment - trapped randomly clinging to the thought that the next moment will arrive. Like I said it's late.

Then there's the humanist theory. Based on the theory that our perceptions not only seeing reality, but also changing it, it would be possible just to convince yourself that the laws of physics don't apply. Since the laws of physics would not apply in that case, you could literally do anything. In essence, you could shape reality as you see fit. To test this theory, I need you all to concentrate VERY hard and convince yourself that reality is dependent on how you look at it, and therefore change it. Oh, and whilst you're doing that, could you post the lottery numbers up for last saturday's Lottery draw? Ta.

Actually, I remember watching a film with Christopher Reeve in it about this exact method of timetravelling. Things kind of fell apart when he was reminded that he was from the future.

Strictly speaking, if you can create a large enough gravity field, based on two points in time/space, I think you might be able to create time-travel. Well, so long as your particles don't get ripped apart in the process.

Actually, that makes me wonder. In a black hole, there's a major gravity field. Perhaps the reason for information to go nowhere is because the forces between the most fundamental particles themselves stop working (Quarks are what Protons/electrons etc are made of, not sure about anything smaller). Since the forces would stop working, the spaces in between those particles could be filled. Imagine at the centre - material so dense, there's literally no way for the sub-sub-sub particles to move. There would be no energy, just particles. Once the universe would be sucked completely into one singularity, where would time and space be? It would collapse, possibly end up self-converting some of the particles into energy, and you'd have the big bang again.

Once again, it's late...

I should get rep for both reading and attempting to comprehend that.

First, it's 3am there, go to bed.

Second, that "ultra-dense" material is dark matter.

Third, Where is Corwall in the UK.

Fourth, things can actually go faster than the speed of light. Say there's a point A and point B. Heisenberg's theory of uncertainty says that there is a minute chance that a particle can go from A to B faster than light. Thus, black holes aren't quite black. (Also event horizons...)

Fifth, If you want to laugh at someone. Say there's a gun pointed at a box with a kitty in it. The second you touch the box, the gun has a 50% chance of going off. Obviously if you open the box, the cat is either dead or alive, but what is it before you open it?

Answer:
Half dead!

kiraownsurmom said:
i heard you can only go back in time and not into the future (not like living one day) as in going ahead of time 1 day or a year,etc
so if you wanna go see the dinosaurs...sucks to be you

Well there is a tehory when if you bulit a time traveling macheian you can only travel back to when it was created

I personally believe that time travel is possible. Some scientists have even said that the 4th dimension could be time travel, so I am definitely in on this game. :lol:

i think you it is possible to back in time because it has happen but impossible to go in the future

Time/Temporal police...
When the Midnighter went back in time to assasinate hitler they stopped him...
Anyway...

I don't believe time-travel is possible. Time is a man-made concept - its not regarded as (yet at least) a "Force" that can be measured.

Time itself travels - the future becomes the present - the present becomes the past - we always remain in the present.

Can Dr Who travel in time? - answer = who cares? Dr Who is sh*t...
:thumbsup:

Byuakuya said:
I personally believe that time travel is possible. Some scientists have even said that the 4th dimension could be time travel, so I am definitely in on this game. :lol:

As ive said
It is possable
We do it every day

Back