Will Something Happen?

I am pretty sure that there will be another World War. The way that things are going with the countries at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if all hell breaks loose pretty soon. I really hate war. Why can't these important "leaders" just put aside their differences and realise the one thing that we all have in common: We are all Human beings.

Regarding the Global Warming scare: We cannot do anything to suppress this event unless all of the countries of the world participate. Right now, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Last edited:
ARav989 said:
Global Warming is nothing to me.

I believe a Third World War will take place in our lifetime. Maybe nukes?

The end of the Mayan calender= mass extinction?
BULLSH_T
I'd like to buy a vowel
I really doubt this will be the case. If anything will cause mass extinction, It'd be human cause. biological warfare/nuclear warfare.

EDIT: reply to Trevpimp.
I remember seeing on the Discovery Channel that Scientists are estimating the next astroid to come close to hitting Earth, or actually hitting us, is 2027,8,9. ( i forget which)

Bullsh*t you say?

It is not only the Mayan that believed this, Egyptian also.

The calender will reset but what we need to think about is if anything happens on that date. The Mayans have been right before I think. Look at the dinosaurs, a mass extinction happened then. For the better? Yes.

Nothing may happen but ends lead to beginnings.

ARav989 said:
Global Warming is nothing to me.

I believe a Third World War will take place in our lifetime. Maybe nukes?

The end of the Mayan calender= mass extinction?
BULLSH_T
I'd like to buy a vowel
I really doubt this will be the case. If anything will cause mass extinction, It'd be human cause. biological warfare/nuclear warfare.

EDIT: reply to Trevpimp.
I remember seeing on the Discovery Channel that Scientists are estimating the next astroid to come close to hitting Earth, or actually hitting us, is 2027,8,9. ( i forget which)

Sorry about the double post.

Accident.

DRMARIO said:
The increase in co2 is ridiculously small compared to other gases in our atmosphere. Heck, CO2 has a lower percentage than ARGON. It's around 0.04% of co2 in our atmosphere.
The sea releases millions of gigatonnes of co2. co2 occurs naturally, and no way is it contributing to global warming.

It IS a natural cycle. Yes, the heat will increase, and there will be devastating effects, but it'll end..soon enough.

Your numbers are correct but your conclusions from these numbers couldn't be further from the truth.

Here is an excert from Tim Flannery's (Australian of the Year) We Are The Weather Makers (Page 4), It's a bit length and goes slightly off topic but it provides a good explanation. A great read if anyone was interested!:

...Some things about Climate Change are certain. It results from a special kind of air pollution. We know exactly the size of our atmosphere and the volume of pollutants pouring into it. The story I want to tell here is about the impacts of some of these pollutants (known as greenhouse gases) on all life on Eath.

For the last 10,000 years Earth's thermostat, or climate control, has been set to an average surface temperature of around 14 degrees celsius. On the whole this has suited human beings splendidly, and we have been able to organise ourselves in a most impressive manner-planting crops, domesticating animals and building cities.

Finally, over the past century, we have created a truly global civilisation. Given that in all of Earth's history the only other creatures able to organise themselves on a similar scale are ants, bees and termites-which are tiny in comparison to us and have small resource requirements-this is quite an achievement.

Earth's thermostat is a complex and delicate mechanism, at the heart of which lies carbon dioxide, a colourless and odourless gas formed from one carbon and two oxygen atoms.

Carbon Dioxide plays a critical role in maintaining the balance necessary to all life. It is also a waste product of the fossil fuels-coal, oil and gas-that almost every person on the planet uses for heat, transport or other energy needs. On dead planets such as Venus and Mars, carbon dioxide makes up most of the atmosphere, and it would do so here if living things and Earth's processes didn't keep it within bounds. Our planet's rocks, soils and waters are packed with carbon atoms itching to combine with oxygen and get airbourne. Carbon is everywhere.

For the past 10,000 years CO2 has made up around three parts per 10,000 in Earth's atmosphere. That's a small amount-0.03 per cent-yet it has a big influence on temperature. We create CO2 every time we burn fossil fuels to drive a car, cook a meal or turn on a light, and the gas we create lasts around a century in the atmosphere. So the proportion of CO2 in the air we breath is now rapidly increasingm and this is causing our planet to war.

Byuakuya said:
I am pretty sure that there will be another World War. The way that things are going with the countries at the moment, I wouldn't be surprised if all hell breaks loose pretty soon. I really hate war. Why can't these important "leaders" just put aside their differences and realise the one thing that we all have in common: We are all Human beings.

Regarding the Global Warming scare: We cannot do anything to suppress this event unless all of the countries of the world participate. Right now, that doesn't appear to be the case.

Exactly. If we can live with pets. A dog or a cat. A whole different speicies.
We can live with our own species. Humans. That's what we are.

Who cares, once the sun burns out this planet is doomed.:lol:
I think the chances of a ww3 are weak becos governments (exept bush) will do everything against it.

I personally feel like Global warming will put us under so to speak.
But it would be a quite a few years for that to happen.

Also, that 2012 thing is really creepy.

Back