To Mod or Not to Mod

do it. but with a socket install or something so you can remove it physically if you dont want it later. :p thats what i did.

ok i am seriously thinking of havibng a mod chip in my wii.
im in the uk!!! what mod chip should i get and what sites can do it for me with good prices.
what is the best mod chip out there!!!!!

Like lasher said, games lose their appeal. When I started downloading ISOs for PSP and got a flashcart so I can play DS Roms, I hardly ever finished games. I still have my flashcart, but it makes me play my DS less because I can have anything I want.

yea it was the same for me for my ps2, but its better to have everything than one or two.

so whats the best place to get one in the UK that will install it for me. and whats the best chip to get????

hot_chili said:
yea it was the same for me for my ps2, but its better to have everything than one or two.

so whats the best place to get one in the UK that will install it for me. and whats the best chip to get????

alot places online don't install 'em for you, u might need to find someone who can do these things (solder etc...). or you can do it, theres guides and FAQs.

if i was you search around for the modchips, they all are neally the same, try to get a upgradable one via DVD or CD.

i cant do it, i will break it seriously.
i break everything trying to play around with things. i will spot something silver and cool inside and think waw, lets pull it out and paint it , im weird i actually would so i dont wanna go there, im not messing round with my wii.
i need someone who has done it before.

what do you mean by an upgradable one via DVD or CD??

hot_chili said:
ok i dont know much, i dont know what you mean, what is an upgradable one?

christ sake, a upgradeable mod chip lets you upgrade the version to make it better.

yea i know but what mod chips are upgradable and where would i get the dvd/cd that upgrades it??

i see no issue with modding a computer if it allows you to be able to further make use of it. people over clock pcs and do tons of other things to their home pcs. if having a mod chip still allows you to go online and play online games then i don't see why not. i think once they mad the wii to have regions they basically walked into the world of peopel modding their wii's to play games they cant normally play due to what ever restrictions

I probably wouldn't mod it until my warranty wores off...

One question, if the Wii has this updating capability, wouldn't it be possible for nintendo to release patches that disable the modding? (softwarely speaking) like when you have a cracked game, and then update it, so the old crack doesn't apply to this new version and you have to get a new one.

hot_chili said:
yea i know but what mod chips are upgradable and where would i get the dvd/cd that upgrades it??

you have to find which ones you can upgrade i'm not doing the work for you.
You don't get a dvd/cd to upgrade it, you burn a file on a cd/dvd and do what ever

Wii_Smurf said:
It voids the warranty
It's illegal :)
It's stupid
It's modding
It's for |\|00b$
xD

1: Yeah but its good
2: How is it stupid? its stupid if you don't get you wii modded.
3: you don't say wise guy.
4: how is it for noobs? explain:arf:

Back