Trading in Zelda, any suggestions?

6ix said:
Oh yeah in addition do my replay value question about RS and Strikers, how easy are these games to pick up for new comers? I'm not really concerned about myself but for my friends who don't have wii's but come over frequently, would they be able to get the hang of either of these games in an hour or two? (Note that I'm not saying they have to be good, just competent enough to play the game)
Red Steel has difficult controls to get used to. They are annoying to the point where you sometimes want that remote to go through your tv. They can pick it up probably within an hour or two, but that is going to be one long hour.

I havn't played a whole lot of Mario Strikers, only a few times as I don't own it. But I found it easy to get used to. Lot better than Red Steel though.

as for replay, you can go online with Strikers. 'Nuff said.

For Red Steel....you beat it and....you could honestly try to get the highest ranking on each level. But you can't choose your level, you have to play it all over again. Never tried multiplayer on it though. =/

Watch a video of strikers and decide if you'd want to play it. It's a pretty simple game to judge in my opinion. Red Steel is going cheap now days. I'd say buy a used copy of Red Steel and save the rest of the store credit for a purchase down the road. I believe Walmart is hosting Mario Strikers for Gamecube at a lot of their US stores, next time your in see if you can play it.

Of the games you listed, get Strikers. It has a tonne of replay value, due to being able to play online, and it's very fun, especially with 2 or more people.

6ix do u have more than 1 controller cuz redsteel is pretty fun multiplayer if u play with 3 ppl and up the controls to some ppl r hard but i got use to it in 20 mins tho to fully no everything its not that easy tho as i sed it only took me 20 mins and if they play for an hour they prolly will be average not good but as u sed u dnt need them to be good and also the manually is so small they wnt have to understand ne thing except for basic controls and if they wonna be better they can learn the advanced controls, tho their rnt that much controls to learn.
PS Multiplayer is amazing with 3 or 4 ppl and dnt listen to ppl who send u bad comments abt redsteel and didnt play it b4 they dnt no nething their just following other ppl

Last edited by a moderator:
You could wait for metroid prime 3 which will probably be awesome.

I'll say Red Steel.

Super Mario Strikers doesn't seem like it would hold much amusement for long, and Super Paper Mario is a great game but it's extremely easy and short.

To whoever said Metroid, my friend told me he's gonna buy one for me because he gets a certain amount of discount coupons as well as first dibs on new games because he works at a Bestbuy.

And as far as Strikers vs RS, Strikers seems to be ahead by a bit due to easier controls and online. But, just the fact that RS is a point-and-shoot shooter catches my interest.

So, I've decided to rent Red Steel and borrow the Gamecube version of Strikers and a Gamecube controller from my friend for a week, and compare the two and decide.

Thanks for the help all of you, at least I got Super Paper Mario out of the picture and I have a better understanding of these two games, I repped everyone I think.

Good choice rent red steel and play it continously cuz it gets better..and better..starting from the beggining.

Back