Traditional Vs Recharagable Vs Charge Station

cujo

WiiChat Member
Jan 31, 2007
Is it safe to use rechargable batteries in the Wimote? I heard they should be ok because I think they are both Alkaline. But I also heard that they dont last that long, which makes me think about the Charge Station which uses Lithium Ion I believe and I don't know if that can harm the remote. What is the best way to go?

turn the speaker on your wiimote off and use normal batteries myne have been going strong for about 45 hours now and are still full.

My Duracell 2650 mAh has lasted me over 40+ hours and still at half bar. I play Zelda, Excite Truck, and Madden a bunch. My two little nieces also play Wii Sports all the time. So I'm pretty sure the 40+ hours is a lot more. What I do is used the batteries until it is completely drain and then fully charge which takes about 5 hours (I know I got a slower charger).

cujo said:
Is it safe to use rechargable batteries in the Wimote? I heard they should be ok because I think they are both Alkaline. But I also heard that they dont last that long, which makes me think about the Charge Station which uses Lithium Ion I believe and I don't know if that can harm the remote. What is the best way to go?

Yes, it's okay to use rechargeable batteries in the Wiimote. I have Lithium Ion batteries and they last about week or more of playing nightly.

Back