TV question

heymoe99

WiiChat Member
Nov 11, 2007
Cleveland
I've played the VC games on a LG Plasma, and a Westinghouse? LCD. I experienced lag on both of them (while running really fast on SMB). It seems to get blurry for a few second and smooth out, then get blurry again. Impossible to play sometimes. I was told that since they were emulated they'd do that. But wouldn't that be true for an old CRT? No lag on the CRT. I think it might be the refresh rate on the Plasma and LCD. They were'nt my TVs so i dont know the model numbers or anything. Both TV's were less than a year old.

Any ideas?
Thanks

how do you have the wii hoked up on the tv. by 3 cables 2 sound 5/ 1 vid or 3 vid 2 sound?

Unless you're using DVI or HDMI, the input to the TV is an analog signal. An LCD or plasma TV (or a projector) needs to address absolute individual pixels, so the analog signal needs to be converted (reconstituted, actually) into a digital signal. This takes some processing time. Some TVs do it better than others.

A tube TV (CRT) natively displays an analog signal per the nature of its technology. So there's no lag.

standard YRW cables it came with..

thanks for the info.

so does this mean the GRB/WR cables wont help either?

i was thinking about buying them anyway, just because the multi-console switch i have would only need 1 output to my tv. i wouldnt have to think about which console goes to which input channel.

Back