UK stock allocations

Nintendoid

WiiChat Member
Sep 28, 2006
Hey guys (and gals),
I did a swift forum search but couldn't find this topic anywhere so I thought i'd set the ball rolling. I know all you lucky Americans know how many wiis your stores are getting but across the pond in the UK we're still waiting to find out. I'm sure a lot of the UK members of this board are getting a little anxious to find out if their preorders are covered by the launch allocations or if we'll have to wait for the next shipment.

So I thought I'd start a topic for anyone wanting to share theories/information on the various UK stores (online or high street) and their launch allocations.

As I said in a different post, I think play.com may have recieved some idea of their allocation (because they stopped pre orders) so if this is the case, then it should only be a matter of days before the info starts arriving at other stores and they start sending emails to their customers with approximate delivery dates.

I preordered at game.co.uk back on the 27th Sept and I sent them an email asking about their allocation, they hadn't recieved their allocations and that hopefully I should receive some information soon.

So if anyone else has any theories/concerns/info then please share

All the best

Nintendoid

I imagine with play.com they have just received about a billion pre-orders now so have had to stop taking them, they were taking them the day after the announcement ffs.

I think im pretty safe pre-ordered mine from gameplay about 2 or 3 hours after pre-orders went on sale, so hopefully ill get a nice big package in the post come the 8th :D

I pre ordered mine on the day of the announcement from Play.com (15th September wasn't it?) so am hoping I got in there quick enough. I had already registered with them to be emailed when it was available for pre order, I recieved that email yesterday!!! Think there system might be a bit slow on that front!! ha ha

Yea i also ordered from play a few hours after the announcement. According to the Play.com site pre-orders are sold on a first-come-first-served basis so i think we're pretty safe :)

i0n said:
Yea i also ordered from play a few hours after the announcement. According to the Play.com site pre-orders are sold on a first-come-first-served basis so i think we're pretty safe :)

Yeah we must be, just be interesting to know how many units they will get in?
I was told that when the xbox360 was released they only got 8 in! but then the 360 release was a bit of a disaster!!!

I HOPE (!) I get mine on launch, since I ordered quite late (like, 2 weeks after preorders started) but the nice chap in GAME told me (well, my mum ;) ) that considering they hadn't been phoned to stop taking preorders yet from management and that GAME had some sort of official deal with Nintendo to whore all the consoles away from other shops, to expect to get one on launch.

I can only hope ;)

note: That's a preorder to pick up in the store, after I get back from school on a magical Friday night, not some fancy unpredictable online thingamabob :lol:

i only ordered mine 2 weeks ago from game's website so im hoping i will be getting something on the friday.
If i dont i will be a bit annoyed but i spose its my fault for not getting in there early.

ZeroG said:
I HOPE (!) I get mine on launch, since I ordered quite late (like, 2 weeks after preorders started) but the nice chap in GAME told me (well, my mum ;) ) that considering they hadn't been phoned to stop taking preorders yet from management and that GAME had some sort of official deal with Nintendo to whore all the consoles away from other shops, to expect to get one on launch.

I can only hope ;)

note: That's a preorder to pick up in the store, after I get back from school on a magical Friday night, not some fancy unpredictable online thingamabob :lol:

:D Ive booked the day of work, so i can be in to receive it.

Back