Unable To Read Disc! AAHHHHHHHH!

yes i did that as well, but when i found out that ppl were reseting their wiis from the menu, i unpackaged my wii and tried it and it works. So for right now im not gonna send it in

What was the error message? Cause I got one that told me to turn off the wii and I tried it again and it worked, so the handbook told me to unplug the A/C and then plug it back in.

I had the same problem. I tried a can of compressed air but that didn't work. I couldn't send my wii in to be repaired either since my wii has been modded which void my warranty. My only option left was to dismantle my wii and increase the sensitivity on the laser... it took me a couple of hours but it worked. Now I can play brawl. So all you guys out there who are having the same problem.. if a can of compressed air doesn't work.. you have 2 options.. 1 send it in to nintendo and wait a week or 2 take it apart and tune the laser. btw if a can of air doesn't work then your laser isn't dirty.. it hasn't been properly calibrated which is probably the case with most wiis that came out in '06.

Good thing I'm a neat-freak and keep the house free of all dust.

I can't imagine the frustration you guys must be feeling.

I got mine launch day, so when I heard about all this **** I assumed my game wouldn't play. But if I lay there and repeatedly put in the disc it'll work after about 10 tries. I'll probably keep doing this for another few days before I send in my system, cause I really can't even put the controller down right now.

I have a launch Wii, but had the drive replaced in it a week before the game came out. The new Wii disc drive sounds different than the old one.

Does anyone know if they are going to replace the drives in the Wii? I doubt dust is the cause of this problem.

I rented my game from Game Fly..(I have to rent to see if i like it..) SO I can't even get mine fixed, because they want you to send in the game too.

1 Possible Solution

I never got the game load error but the game never loaded for me.. I let it go for a while and even though I did not have the logo up I clicked on the disk ..it asked me to load a system update which I did and the game loads fine now.

Not sure if it will help anyone but its worth a try.

i REALLY want this game. after all this fuss about dual-layer disc read errors, i think i'm going to be safe and rent it to see if i have any problems. i don't want to ask for it for my b-day and then get it and not be able to play.

Just got an email saying they received my Wii yesterday and will get it back in 2-5 business days. Hopefully I'll have it back by April 27th for Mario Kart.

I finally come home for spring break where ssbb is waiting for me, Just to find out my wii has to be repaired so I can play it! I'm so pissed! I wish Mario Kart would have came 1st, I woulda never bought ssbb if that were the case.

craigkillercraig said:
I finally come home for spring break where ssbb is waiting for me, Just to find out my wii has to be repaired so I can play it! I'm so pissed! I wish Mario Kart would have came 1st, I woulda never bought ssbb if that were the case.
That sucks I would be so mad!! lol

Back