UPDATE!!! would you trust these MP4 players??

lee.jarratt said:
Hey,
glad to see your happy with your new mp4 player. WMA stands for windows media audio i think, But AVI is a video file. Im confused, if this helps, search on google for 'AVI - WMA' and you should be able to download a free format converter.
Lee.J

welcome back

and yeah it comes with one of them there (hickish i know) mini CDs and it has the software that converts it.

i also have a converter that does it too so ill see what the one on the disk is like and if that one sucks, then ill try the other program that i initially have :)

ETA- im a dingbat, it plays AMV files for movies. so i have to convert it to that!! whoops. lets see what good ol programs i can "find"

Last edited by a moderator:
The_Loose_Cannon said:
welcome back

and yeah it comes with one of them there (hickish i know) mini CDs and it has the software that converts it.

i also have a converter that does it too so ill see what the one on the disk is like and if that one sucks, then ill try the other program that i initially have :)

ETA- im a dingbat, it plays AMV files for movies. so i have to convert it to that!! whoops. lets see what good ol programs i can "find"

Thanks for the welcome,
Try searching on www.download.com , i usually find some good programs on there. Good luck ;)
lee.j

lee.jarratt said:
Thanks for the welcome,
Try searching on www.download.com , i usually find some good programs on there. Good luck ;)
lee.j

thats usually what i do then look for it on another website for uh a bit of a better "trial experience" lol

from what im understanding in the manual, it says it supports MPEGII and other files (which are ipod format) to AMV.

taken from the website: Support WMV, MPG, MPEG I, MPEG II converted to AMV playing (Software included)

alot of work!! grrrrr. oh well. ill do it when im off, today i sooooo dont have the attention span for it right now lol- bad day at work i fliped out at a coworker and nearly lost my temper :mad5:

either way, ill probably do it on my RDO's (regular days off)

These look like generic China made stuff. Had a chance to buy one when I was last in China but passed because the sound quality and reliability are a questionable at best.

The_Loose_Cannon said:
thats usually what i do then look for it on another website for uh a bit of a better "trial experience" lol

from what im understanding in the manual, it says it supports MPEGII and other files (which are ipod format) to AMV.

taken from the website: Support WMV, MPG, MPEG I, MPEG II converted to AMV playing (Software included)

alot of work!! grrrrr. oh well. ill do it when im off, today i sooooo dont have the attention span for it right now lol- bad day at work i fliped out at a coworker and nearly lost my temper :mad5:

either way, ill probably do it on my RDO's (regular days off)

Hehe,
Yeh, stuff like that is quite hard and frustrating. And don't you worry, I always lose my temper :D (as you probably have seen (not getting into that...))
So, good luck again and you will crack it eventually!
Lee.J :thumbsup:

David328ci said:
These look like generic China made stuff. Had a chance to buy one when I was last in China but passed because the sound quality and reliability are a questionable at best.

im suprised how good mine works

in all honesty i was expecting a total crackerjack prize lol. i was shocked when here comes this perfectly working mp4 player.

this thing has a built in speaker too and it sounds like my samsung a900 phone. crystal clear- same with the picture

i lvoe being a mod- i can double post in my own thread!

i got this converter called "AMV converter tool" and it worked great! converted my avi files to AMV and it plays perfectly on the mp4 player. one problem is that the screen is "a little too tiny" either way its playable and the sound is good

im just glad i figured out how to play my movies and tv shows on my mp4 player yay!!

The_Loose_Cannon said:
i lvoe being a mod- i can double post in my own thread!

i got this converter called "AMV converter tool" and it worked great! converted my avi files to AMV and it plays perfectly on the mp4 player. one problem is that the screen is "a little too tiny" either way its playable and the sound is good

im just glad i figured out how to play my movies and tv shows on my mp4 player yay!!

That's good to hear! How many inches is the screen because i feel my video ipod screen is small, i think its 2.4''

lee.jarratt said:
That's good to hear! How many inches is the screen because i feel my video ipod screen is small, i think its 2.4''

my screen on my mp4 player is only 2inches. the one my bf is getting is 2.4

its alright though, its not like i want to replace my laptop/portable dvd player with it or anything like that. its just something to "goof" around with

makes me happy and works good enough for me :thumbsup:

Back