Using an original N64 controller with the VC?

CaseyCor

WiiChat Member
Aug 29, 2006
I was thinking about this a while back, and figured I'd see if anyone else was interested. The idea is to use a N64 to GC converter to play with a N64 controller. The only problem is the controls built into the ROM. I'm sure I can wire up a converter. Whadda' all think?

Dont Double Post!!!!!!!!!! Use The Edit Button!!!!!!
howdaruls1.jpg

Last edited:
Oh jesus, the last thing I'm worried about is my post count. If I was, I'd be making fun of the 1000's of members here who seem to be half-retarted. Thanks for contributing to the thread, eh?

Yeah, but others DO care. I personally only care because the mods were banning people for it. Like I said, there is an EDIT button...

Tails McCloud~ said:
Yeah, but others DO care. I personally only care because the mods were banning people for it. Like I said, there is an EDIT button...
Seems to me that your looking out for someone who didn't ask for your help.

w32.hoots.1.gif

Then ill pretend to ignore some randome posts in the future...

Last edited:
Byuakuya said:
Take it easy McCloud. :lol:
He will learn eventually on his own.
Anyway your idea is great, keep it up.
Alright, someone who's actually posting something relivent to the topic. Whats your oppinoin on the controls? I can't seem to make a prediction on whats going to happen.

Oh, and by the way.

DOUBLE POST. OHEMGEEE.

CaseyCor said:
Alright, someone who's actually posting something relivent to the topic. Whats your oppinoin on the controls? I can't seem to make a prediction on whats going to happen.

Oh, and by the way.

DOUBLE POST. OHEMGEEE.
Its a great idea to get the retro feeling back again but personally I would stick with what I have at the moment (personal opinion). But if you feel like its the "thing" then go ahead.

Yeah well, it will be your own stupid fault...
ANYWAY!!!
threaddirection.gif

I just said dont double post, but, yeah. N64 Controllers would be cool, for the N64 games. BUt not for others. THey wont fit in the slots anyway.

Byuakuya said:
Its a great idea to get the retro feeling back again but personally I would stick with what I have at the moment (personal opinion). But if you feel like its the "thing" then go ahead.
I'm just curious as to if it's going to work or not. This weekend I shall dicect a N64 controller's output and make up a scematic.

CaseyCor said:
I'm just curious as to if it's going to work or not. This weekend I shall dicect a N64 controller's output and make up a scematic.
Keep us (or me anyway) informed on how you progress. It will great to hear how it turns out. Goodluck. :thumbsup:

Tails McCloud~ said:
Yeah well, it will be your own stupid fault...
ANYWAY!!!

I just said dont double post, but, yeah. N64 Controllers would be cool, for the N64 games. BUt not for others. THey wont fit in the slots anyway.
What do you mean by "wont fil the slots?" You mean the imputs on the Wii console?

I shall keep you all informed, thanks for showing interest!

Back