Using an original N64 controller with the VC?

JerrodDRagon said:
They could me a cord that you plug your N64 controller into you Wii and play it but I dont think they'll do it since they made the classic controller.
Thats what I intend to do. Make a converter from N64's end to GC's end.

Well I hope the controls are better then using a PS2 control to play Starfox 64..... That was hard. I have a PS2 to Gamecube/Xbox/PC adaptor.

CaseyCor said:
Thats what I intend to do. Make a converter from N64's end to GC's end.
Either way, you need to also do some programming. The serial communications between N64 and GC will undoublty be different. It probably wont be a wiring change.

The better question is where to get the GC plug without destroying a perfectly good GC controller? The wireless controller plug might be a better way to go.....just depends on the frequency and the transmission of the data....Anyways good luck

CaseyCor said:
If I was, I'd be making fun of the 1000's of members here who seem to be half-retarted. Thanks for contributing to the thread, eh?

yeah you'll notice that in a forum consisting of mostly 12 year olds. You can tell by the fact that tails mccloud has to use pictures, since he hasn't learned the english language yet.

oh, and "retarted" is spelled retarded.

If you plan to make an adapter yourself, you may need to brush up on circuitry, not even knowing how to install a mod chip is enough knowledge for such a project, I feel comfortable messing around with computer like hardware, I don't think I would know where to start on such a project

If you were planning on cutting and splicing to the pinouts of each, it's not that easy, the N64 controller has 3 wires, I am not sure of the volts but one like is for positive (+) current, one is for negative (-) current, and one is for ground, pretty straight forward for the N64 controller, but the Gamecube controller on the other hand, it's not as easy, there are at least 5 different lines each running a different current, maybe even a different voltage, sending data in a whole different format

The best idea is to get a console adaptor (switching one type of controller to another type of port), they had one for PS2 controllers on the Wii, but i'm pretty sure they have an N64 to Gamecube adaptor, just look online

75% of Wiichat is repeat questions. How do you fix this? Take the search button and make it 512x512, and make it the first thing you see when you enter. That should get it down to 65%.

Tails Mccloud, i think you have proven yourself to be the most immature member on the boards. congratulations.

And I think you a pathetic cocksucking flamer. And nothing more. Kiss my ass *****.

wow maybe that comment would have made an affect if you could spell. Go be childish elsewhere troll

Just last week I was searching for just such an adapter (N64 controller to Gamecube). I have 4 N64 controllers so it would save a good amount of money if I could use them.

I found lots of good info, but no-one makes an adapter yet.
This is the closest I found:
NES or SNES to GC adapter
They might allready be working on an N64 to GC adapter.

Another person modded a NES and SNES controller to be totally wireless here:
Modded NES and SNES controllers work wirelessly with Wii

And if you still are set on makeing an adapter you'll need to study this:
Nintendo Gamecube Controller Protocol

and some more info and links at the bottom of this page:
http://www.ppl-pilot.com/

Back