Using WaveBird Controllers w/ Wii

jamesrw said:
I purchased an ebgames/gamestop wireless gamecube controller new for $20. There were not any wavebirds at the location I visited. This controller is smaller than the wavebird. I suppose I have small hands. I haven't used a wavebird, but I think I'll stick with this one, as it fits my hands rather well. I might have to get another for the gf. Additionally, I haven't experienced any incompatibilites with the gamestop wireless controller and the Wii. The only games I have used it with are: "SSX On Tour", "Hunter: The Reckoning", "Mario Kart".

hope my input is useful.

I have only ever heard about compatability issues with 3rd party wireless remotes. All of the PAL Wii owners that I know have told me to stick to wavebirds (which I own!) as not all 3rd party wireless remotes work. To hear that yours do is definately useful (to me, anyway!)

Wiiaholic said:
$14 bucks at an EB Games?? Geeze... I have a few of those and a GameStop around me locally I gotta go check that out and see if they're that cheap here too.

Im sure they will be just as cheap since Gamestop and EB run on the same corporate pricing structure. Just look in their "Used Hardware" section. You could even just ask the person at the counter if they have any used Gamecube WaveBird controllers and he/she should be able to tell you on the spot. Picked up a used Gamecube memory card from there as well for about $9.

One of my wireless GameCube controllers came a few days ago and I've tested it on Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart: Double Dash on the Wii. So far this Pelican G3 Wireless Controller has performed perfectly. The controller is very light and has perfect response timing so far on the tested games above. It runs on 2 AA batteries and there's just a button on the receiver that you push to initiate controller recognition the first time you use it. Other than that, you can move it into any of the 4 controller ports and it works flawlessly. I'll let you guys know how the battery life is whenever the first pair dies.

just got mine new off eBay (sealed). apparently some wii games work with the Wavebird/gamecube controller. and um, of course SD Gecko :thumbsup:

e.g. Tenkaichi 2 works with both classic and wavebird but the wavebird setup looks alot better???

rumble feature

I've only been coming across 3rd party wavebirds, and none that I've seen have the rumble feature. i know, i know...it drains the batteries and isn't really necessary...but i know they exist, and want a few with the feature.

Tails McCloud~ said:
I was thinking about getting a Wavebird...

Stop thinking about it and get it. Best 35 bucks I've spent all year! Now I can lay on my bed and play MP, instead of sitting on the floor which always makes my legs fall asleep.

But yeah, none of that MadCatz crap. Gotta get the real deal

Work's perfectly for me. By far the best wireless gamecube controller.
No need for rumble ( feture don't know how to spell that )

Yeah, when I play with my Gamecube controller, I fear that I will pull it too hard, and pull over my Wii, I may get some, but then again, I may just get a classic controller, cheaper, plus plays all Wii VC games, and some Wii games. But then when I play GC games, it would still mean using a wired GC controller... Oh well, I guess a Wavebird would be best!

ciper said:
How about a Logitech PS2 wireless controller with a gamecube adapter attached?

IS THAT POSSIBLE???

Ive got two of those, and if its possible, id definitely would like to know!!!

Back