Violence

thewiirules123

Wii Gamer
Feb 11, 2007
I know I am going to get bashed for saying this, but whats the big deal with violence. Of course, as much as the next person I always find it fun to play shooter games, and some shooter games are great. But what I dont like are games that reinact wars or things like that. Because people dont fully realise how horrible war is; and it is the kind of thing that shouldn't be treated as a "game" because, it's not. When you play war games and you die there is a game over and you start playing again, in the real thing they don't get to replay. So I just don't think it's morally right to treat war as a thing of entertainment. And please, you have every right to disagree with me but give me an arguement not just a "u suck" post.

You know..most of my life is based on ethics. I have never really thought of this kind of thing, however. I think that people play it not because its an actual war, but rather the fun-ness factor of it. I personally Love war games, but I do not love war. Man I am not good with words..but yeah. I dont think people enjoy it because of the fact that its actually war based.

As long as people realise the difference between the game and real life I see no problem with war games. Wars are terrible things but playing a war game doesn't make them any worse. And what is morally right varies widely from person to person.

paintba||er said:
As long as people realise the difference between the game and real life I see no problem with war games. Wars are terrible things but playing a war game doesn't make them any worse. And what is morally right varies widely from person to person.
But the thing is some people don't and they think of war as a fun thing.

i love violent games, but come to think of it they have spawned alot of trouble. insania, murder, school shootings, etc. but i have nothing wrong with war games. in some way WWII games are actually used for teaching the past.

thewiirules123 said:
But the thing is some people don't and they think of war as a fun thing.
war is fun like in war you can kill a man and then gut him:ee5k:

nic7 said:
i love violent games, but come to think of it they have spawned alot of trouble. insania, murder, school shootings, etc. but i have nothing wrong with war games. in some way WWII games are actually used for teaching the past.
I dont think very many people use it to teach themselves.

I don't mind violence, and I know people who play GTA but don't end up slaughtering people. Some studies show that TV violence is a lot more influential than video game violence. This debate is very confusing, and its usually the anti-violent people that get dissed (Jack Thompson).

I like violence, but as long as the whole game isn't based around slaughtering kids or something.:nonod:

I am not worried about people killing people because of video games, I am worried that people are starting to think of war as entertainment.

Violent games do not incite violence in those that play them; anyone who thinks otherwise is an ignorant fool. Violent games provide an outlet for the natural aggression inborn in everything. The 70's and 80's are a testiment to that; when kids were exposed to nothing but the happiness of The Smurfs and other shows like them the levels of violence rose drastically. However, in the 90's, when shows like Power Rangers became popular, violent outbreaks began to drop and have continued to drop ever since.
Everyone and everything on this planet is naturally violent, video games and movies profide us with a means of using this aggression in a harmless fashion.

Gymdawg said:
Violent games do not incite violence in those that play them; anyone who thinks otherwise is an ignorant fool. Violent games provide an outlet for the natural aggression inborn in everything. The 70's and 80's are a testiment to that; when kids were exposed to nothing but the happiness of The Smurfs and other shows like them the levels of violence rose drastically. However, in the 90's, when shows like Power Rangers became popular, violent outbreaks began to drop and have continued to drop ever since.
Everyone and everything on this planet is naturally violent, video games and movies profide us with a means of using this aggression in a harmless fashion.
I comepletly agree that it does not incite violence in those who play them. But the 70's and 80's were a diffrent time and I do not think that just because they had more entertaining violence in their lives that this was the one of the main reasons crime went down.

I agree that war should be taken seriously, I think 2142 is the best and my favourite move on it is to knife people. then I get killed and I'm like, WHATEVER!:yikes: I watched a video though, THAT CHANGED ALL THAT! I showed real men getting limbs blown of, and other horrors. If everyone say stuff like that then war wouldn't be popular. EA doesn't want that though.:nono: :frown2:

I have many relatives that are in the military. I respect war and the people who fight them (the people not using children with bombs stuck to them as bait anyways) but I don't think that there is anything wrong with modeling a game after historical events. And I think that you can learn from games like these. Call of duty really taught me what canada/other countries not recognized really did in WWII

Back