Virginia Tech Tragedy Thread of Silence

GUNS do not kill people... PEOPLE Kill people. Guns, knives, rocks, pictures of oprah bending over naked.. all these are tools in which the person uses for whatever use they put them to.

Martial artists can kill a person just by ramming their fist up their nose or thrusting a finger down the lower center of your throat. Death sucks, murder sucks, evil people suck... But guns are not the problem. People are.

This is a tragedy, but death is death. It comes to us all, its sad but you just have to deal with it and stop blaming countries. You USA haters can bite me for all i care, but just know that the more diverse the society the more incompatible people become. How this results is always different, in some cases... death. And its a shame.

Shiftfallout said:
GUNS do not kill people... PEOPLE Kill people.

WITH GUNS. please, come up with an argument, not a hackneyed phrase.

Shiftfallout said:
Martial artists can kill a person just by ramming their fist up their nose or thrusting a finger down the lower center of your throat. Death sucks, murder sucks, evil people suck... But guns are not the problem. People are.

Martial arts takes years of training to become lethal. Guns provide it with a twitch of a finger. Guns are the problem.

Shiftfallout said:
This is a tragedy, but death is death. It comes to us all, its sad but you just have to deal with it and stop blaming countries.

Countries create the society, society affects how people are brought up, which affects their views on life, violence etc. The US has a love for violence, and you can't say that doesn't contribute to the problem.

Shiftfallout said:
You USA haters can bite me for all i care, but just know that the more diverse the society the more incompatible people become. How this results is always different, in some cases... death. And its a shame.

I really hope you are not saying the US should be less diverse, and I am misunderstanding you. If not, please leave america.

thank you to those who are contributing silent posts and really contributing to what i intended to do. i really appreciate it.

Last edited:
StockTheWii said:
your right your opinons matter too what i should of said is he is one of the few on this thread not spiting crap out of his mouth. "true guns in an idiots hand is bad" anyone can kill not just idoits some people dont know how to work out there life problems witout violence you might think that only the simple minded people cant but when it comes down to it anyone can become a killer but like i said before to actually go throgh with it you have to of stoped caring about life and and 9 times out of ten 10 it is issues with themselfs thats sets them off

if u think video games did this then u sir are the idiot

Looks like your the idiot if you read the previous post. i said that most people are gonna blame games for this. although the game didnt make him kill people. they will find someway to blame the game. just like you are blaming the gun and not the person. so its hypocritical to blame the gun and not the person just as people blame the games. so what i was sayin is that if you are gonna blame the guns them blame the games to. i blame the dude. even if there wasnt any guns maybe 32 people wouldnt be dead. but i know damn well some people still would have died.

jowii said:
so giving everyone a gun is the answer. a lot of people are idiots out there. even the non idiots are capable of idiot things. thats what makes us human.

or should we just give the non-idiots the guns? yeah, good luck implementing that one.

Where did i say give everyone guns? but since you think you have stumped me. you are far from right. first off dont really care for guns. but if that was the case then i feel that if you are gonna give guns willy nilly then other measures should be taken. more metal detectors. make guns harder to get if you are a cop then fine. if you want a gun that bad you should have to take some test to see if you are capable of handling one. you break the rules you go to jail that is if you dont kill yourself. if you do thats one less problem.

also like you said we are humans so no matter what you do people will find a way to kill if need be. if there was a ban on guns and people started to take karate to kill do we need to ban that too? taking guns wont stop killing. what if dude would have made a bomb? it might have been worse.

you dont like the answer i gave then thats too bad cause for one i never said to give every one guns. but taking them away wont solve anything either.

so much for the silence part of this thread eh .... really guys.. this thread is to pay respect to those who died, and if you are going to argue go start a new thread and bring your arguments there.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weG7A4lTGtg[/MEDIA]

He disgusts me. How dare he blame video games, I'm not like this just because I love them, I mean how on earth does he know why this guy did it. BTW to those of you who don't know he's an attorney out in the US who tries to ban violent games like GTA.. I looked around this thread but didn't see anything mentioned about him. He actually had the cheek to say stuff like this the day it happened.

lol i feel sry for inablity to read :sad: i never blamed the gun i blamed the social and psychological state of our great country that makes kids think that violence is the answer but if you cant comprehend what im saying you should just stop reading and putting words in my mouth because acting smart does not suit you
:prrr:

Robertking1123 said:
...make guns harder to get if you are [not] a cop then fine. if you want a gun that bad you should have to take some test to see if you are capable of handling one. you break the rules you go to jail that is if you dont kill yourself.

Thats exactly the point. I'm sorry if i misunderstood your earlier point.

Robertking1123 said:
also like you said we are humans so no matter what you do people will find a way to kill if need be. if there was a ban on guns and people started to take karate to kill do we need to ban that too? taking guns wont stop killing. what if dude would have made a bomb? it might have been worse.

Of course. Nothing will stop all killing. We are talking about minimizing it and making it harder for wackos and crazies to get their hands easy ways of killing people.

Robertking1123 said:
you dont like the answer i gave then thats too bad cause for one i never said to give every one guns. but taking them away wont solve anything either.

Again, sorry if I misunderstood you. There is no way to "solve" the problem. But it will minimize it help to prevent as many senseless gun deaths. Whether thats the crazy person that goes on a rampage, or the 5 year old kid that accidentally kills his friend.

jowii said:
Guns are the problem.
Countries create the society, society affects how people are brought up, which affects their views on life, violence etc. The US has a love for violence, and you can't say that doesn't contribute to the problem.
I really hope you are not saying the US should be less diverse, and I am misunderstanding you. If not, please leave america.
thank you to those who are contributing silent posts and really contributing to what i intended to do. i really appreciate it.

Jowii, im sorry but you really sound like an idiot. How old are you by chance? Whats your background in education?

StockTheWii said:
i never blamed the gun i blamed the social and psychological state of our great country that makes kids think that violence is the answer ...

Im not ragging on you, but you really should travel the world more if you feel this way. There are so many countries out there that really do rely on violence and force as well as the loss of freedom that is the answer. The kids in the usa do not think violence in the answer, in fact its generalized a bit too much.

The final point is, the gunman was from South Korea. Having an understanding of life in skorea for young people, i can totally understand why he snapped too. Its sad, but his background was not linked to growing up in the USA.

Shiftfallout said:
Jowii, im sorry but you really sound like an idiot. How old are you by chance? Whats your background in education?

Wow. really? You, of all people are going to ask me that? The "guns don't kill people, people kill people" guy is gonna ask me my age and education?

Ok then. I am a 24 year old 2nd year medical student. I have a Honors Bachelor of Arts with Distinction from the University of Delaware. yourself?

Clish said:
so much for the silence part of this thread eh .... really guys.. this thread is to pay respect to those who died, and if you are going to argue go start a new thread and bring your arguments there.

Thank you for supporting what I was initially trying to do. At least some people care. I will try to make another silence thread that may actually work.

thanks again.

Last edited:
Shiftfallout said:
Im not ragging on you, but you really should travel the world more if you feel this way. There are so many countries out there that really do rely on violence and force as well as the loss of freedom that is the answer. The kids in the usa do not think violence in the answer, in fact its generalized a bit too much.

The final point is, the gunman was from South Korea. Having an understanding of life in skorea for young people, i can totally understand why he snapped too. Its sad, but his background was not linked to growing up in the USA.

I would have to agree with you violence in kids is generalized to much
but saddly some kids do resort to violence for reasons in there mind that are justified. growing up in some countrys might be very hard but that ussally pushes people to want change for the good not to make them feel outcastd and angry
what im trying to say is living a hard life does not turn you into a killer (inless you have to kill to survive) but a life full of social misunderstanding and isolation does

I respact your point
and RIP to all who perished ....

surfinrach90 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weG7A4lTGtg

He disgusts me. How dare he blame video games, I'm not like this just because I love them, I mean how on earth does he know why this guy did it. BTW to those of you who don't know he's an attorney out in the US who tries to ban violent games like GTA.. I looked around this thread but didn't see anything mentioned about him. He actually had the cheek to say stuff like this the day it happened.

WHAT DID I JUST SAY!!! THEY ALREADY BLAMING THE GAMES.!!! THAT BULLS I HATE THAT GUY.

I went to EB to pick up an application there to work over the summer. There was a man at the register, someone buying quake and me second in line. We all three started talking about it. It was no more than half an hour after it happened, and the man behind the register said "I can't wait until they start blaming videogames for this". I said something like "yeah, here comes Jack Thompson comes, guns blazing (no pun intended)"

I knew this **** was going to happen

Honestly I blame the school and the police for the deaths. There was a shooting in the dorm, and classes should have been canceled for that day. I don't know if anyone knows anything about the campus, but it's like its own contained city. With everything being so close and interconnected, classes should have been canceled and everyone should have been told to stay safe in the their dorm rooms until the situation as cleared. There were shots fired, two people were shot and killed, and over 2 hours later there was still no gunman arrested. There was someone, somewhere on the campus, with a F***ING GUN, and obviously malicious intent. Why, why,why would the university not even let the students know about this? TWO HOURS LATER the second shootings occurred, and no one had knew about what had happened earlier that day in the dorms. No one should have been in that engineering hall.

Someone is loosing their job.

Jack Thompson: "Doom, The video game that he trained on"

TRAINED ON?!?!?!?!?! Get your head out of your ass Jack. People don't train to do this. Some people have a predisposition to violence, playing a video game isn't going to make you do this.

Last edited:
Back