Virginia Tech Tragedy Thread of Silence

jowii said:
Sure, if life was an action movie that would work out perfectly. Instead it would lead to more people killing each other. Most studies on domestic gun violence show that murders with guns in the home are a result of a crime of passion. If you have an anger problem, and there is a gun in your night stand, you may not be able to resist the temptation to use it. Giving everyone a gun would lead fist fights turning into gun fights and a lot more dead people.

so what about TRAINED hand to hand combat? jiu jitsu, karate, ect???? those can be deadly when trained accurately except thats considered an art (yet lethal- yup thats right i said lethal)

its much easier to pull a trigger than it is to punch someone (lack of mind over matter)

and people dont shoot out of anger, they shoot out of fear. ive seen alot of instances where someone is in a gun fight and when asked WHY or HOW they felt at that moment theyll say "threatend" or "scared'

no one feels mad or angry. its not all about a fit of rage. you need to realize the circumstances and what surrounds you at that exact moment.

before my job and i met my bf ( i was 18), i stayed at his house while he went to work during midnight shifts. i was a little bit scared to be by his house alone although we had a BIG pitbull who is trained to kill if he doesnt know you so if a robber were to come in the house, theyd have to get through my dog first.

anyways, my bf always said that in the gun safe is a LOADED shot gun. pump it once and blast then insert round, pump and blast. simple enough. but even so, if someones charging at you with a knife or goes to attack you whats the FIRST THING i would grab? yes thats what i thought youd say.

but this isnt a defense case. this is someone whos motive hasnt even been identified yet. the alleged korean killer was suppossivly looking for his gf and then just killed people left and right. random it was indeed BUT again, what was his modus operandi?

I think he was south korean, and i heard that he killed his girlfriend and boyfriend that the other shooting in which 30 were killed was just another attack but im not sure. Although in england the news is asking questions about the police saying they didnt react quick anough and why were lessons not called off, Why point the finger? What happened has happened they shouldnt go about pointing the finger now, they need to keep concentrating on why rather then blaming police.

All i seen of this is from ITV news and the daily mirror newspaper:frown2:

one: training would not matter, not could possibly be funded.
two: the gun provides the quick ease of killing someone in an instant, with incredible efficiency. Its a lot harder to kill someone in passion with knife...it is not quick, it requires more conscious motion and effort.

WTH ban guns? Hell no.

Why don't we start banning knives, swords, pepper spray, and how about we start banning the human body. Yes, we should make everyone convert to robot bodies, so that the government can control us forever and we can't hurt anyone unless the government says we can.

I don't want to be left defenseless if the government goes extremely corrupt.

Last edited:
En4Neo said:
WTF ban guns? Hell no.

Why don't we start banning knives, swords, pepper spray, and how about we start banning the human body. Yes, we should make everyone convert to robot bodies so that the government can control us forever and we can't hurt anyone.

I don't want to be left defenseless if my government goes corrupt.

hense why my house is supplied to aid a 3rd world country hehe

seriously though youre right thats what i was trying to say actually DID say all along in my forementioned threads.

and it CAN be funded gun training, no one wishes to participate in them!

Just saw on the news it was beleived to be a 9mm semi automatic pistol that the killer used.

Cpt.McCloud said:
Just saw on the news it was beleived to be a 9mm semi automatic pistol that the killer used.

it was 2 guns not just one

from a ballistics point of view, it is humanly impossible to shoot off so many rounds in a matter of seconds to execute 33 people.

yes it is easy to release the mag, insert, rack the slide and shoot. also keep in mind he used high cap mags.

jowii said:
Sure, if life was an action movie that would work out perfectly. Instead it would lead to more people killing each other. Most studies on domestic gun violence show that murders with guns in the home are a result of a crime of passion. If you have an anger problem, and there is a gun in your night stand, you may not be able to resist the temptation to use it. Giving everyone a gun would lead fist fights turning into gun fights and a lot more dead people.

Jowii you are the only one on this thread with common sense and for that I salute you. this kind of act can only be stopped by changing the gun happy mentality of the usa. And yes Loose cannon people do shoot people out of anger if a man come home and sees his wife in bed with another man and shoots them is it from being scared? I dont think so he is angry and so he reaches for his gun. but thats of course not everybody most shake it off and work it out with out the use of violence but its the few who give up caring about life that say f!@k it Im gonna blow away everybody its a social and psychological problem with people in general. who ever shot these kids were really angry (not to mention f!@ked in the head). angry at everyone in there lives and most of all themselfs.

sry if i offended anyone just expressing my oppion

En4Neo said:
WTH ban guns? Hell no.

Why don't we start banning knives, swords, pepper spray, and how about we start banning the human body. Yes, we should make everyone convert to robot bodies, so that the government can control us forever and we can't hurt anyone unless the government says we can.

Sorry but i dont agree with that quote
Well if you get shot down on the street by a lunatic i think your family would want guns banned

Now for silence

StockTheWii said:
Jowii you are the only one on this thread with common sense and for that I salute you. this kind of act can only be stopped by changing the gun happy mentality of the usa. And yes Loose cannon people do shoot people out of anger if a man come home and sees his wife in bed with another man and shoots them is it from being scared? I dont think so he is angry and so he reaches for his gun. but thats of course not everybody most shake it off and work it out with out the use of violence but its the few who give up caring about life that say f!@k it Im gonna blow away everybody its a social and psychological problem with people in general. who ever shot these kids were really angry (not to mention f!@ked in the head). angry at everyone in there lives and most of all themselfs.

Stop riding his d!ick. he has his own opinion about the situation and we have ours dont mean he has more common sense than any else who has posted. true guns in an idiots hand is bad. then again once an idiot always an idiot. even if you take guns away it wont stop people from killing. look at oj he "killed two people with a knife."

like i said before. if you are gonna trip about guns then trip about the games to. not sayin that that was the cause but thats what people are gonna think.

StockTheWii said:

thank you, also, for bringing common sense into this thread. i was beginning to lose hope.

as for this:

En4Neo said:
WTH ban guns? Hell no.

your comment is both silly and irrelevant. wow. just. plain. wow.

and this:

Robertking1123 said:
Stop riding his d!ick. he has his own opinion about the situation and we have ours dont mean he has more common sense than any else who has posted. true guns in an idiots hand is bad. then again once an idiot always an idiot. even if you take guns away it wont stop people from killing. look at oj he "killed two people with a knife."

like i said before. if you are gonna trip about guns then trip about the games to. not sayin that that was the cause but thats what people are gonna think.

so giving everyone a gun is the answer. a lot of people are idiots out there. even the non idiots are capable of idiot things. thats what makes us human.

or should we just give the non-idiots the guns? yeah, good luck implementing that one.

Last edited:
They found out the shooters name. It was one shooter. They dont know why he did it and there not sure if it was his GF, but i doubt it. They said this kid ( 23 years old) was very disturbed, and a loner. He was referred to the schools counseling service. They said he was trobuled. Thy also found a bomb threat near him or in his room. Its terrible. I have read the stores and its so scary to think about being in this position the students and teachers were in. All of the sudden a kid comes in the room and starts shooting people and doesnt stop. It makes my stomach turn. I read a story about a girl who was in the classroom and she and 3 other people made it out and the other 2-3 might have been injured. She said the shooter peeped into the room a few times like he was looking for somone and then came in and start shooting. Another i heard on the news they class heard shots and didnt know what they were and then the shooter came in and started shooing, they did for a minute then left, the students blocked the door and the shooter tried to come back in banging and pushing on the door. He shot the door a few times then left... This news is so disturbing to think someone would do this. Take innocent peoples lives. Those poor students and parents, i feel so bad for them and God Bless them all and God Bless the Students and teachers who were murdered for doing nothing wrong. May them rest in peace

Robertking1123 said:

your right your opinons matter too what i should of said is he is one of the few on this thread not spiting crap out of his mouth. "true guns in an idiots hand is bad" anyone can kill not just idoits some people dont know how to work out there life problems witout violence you might think that only the simple minded people cant but when it comes down to it anyone can become a killer but like i said before to actually go throgh with it you have to of stoped caring about life and and 9 times out of ten 10 it is issues with themselfs thats sets them off

if u think video games did this then u sir are the idiot

Back