waiting for opera

Wasnt dissing it, Wasnt expecting it to be perfect, as its a console after all and only a trial, was hoping it the screen would be better on my tv, as microsoft media centre stuff is pretty good on it. Trying for an excuse to get a better tv, maybe this is my window.

no no, that is interesting. so ms media center displays clearer for you? (this is my first "internet on tv" experience)

wiiCrazy said:
so is youtube etc...confirmed on this trial version?

People from Europe and whatever other places have it have used it on youtube so I'm pretty sure it's confirmed for us Americans also to work. There was even a few screens posted. It's in the Online forum on this site.

Totally confirmed... Sometimes youtube at first seemed to get stuck for me... but it really seemed to be more about that problem I sometimes have on my pc where youtube screws up if you press the zoom too quickly before it has loaded a little.

dailymotion.com (as I have already mentioned, sorry, Im rambling, I feel sorry for you kids waiting to try the new revolution!) plays some videos but not others, Im not sure why... Maybe it seems that when you link from certain "tv list" sites some videos are linked to appear full screen and start automatically, this is good and all works... videos linked to just the dailymotion page are less successful, as are videos linked full screen but not set to start automatically (if that is possible)..

also, the "next video" link inside the flash at the end of a youtube video isnt working for me, that kinda sucks...

beautiful...cant wait! i was really worried we werent gonna be watchin vids till march. nintendo has really been impressing me lately!

some bad news maybe... I went to wiicade.com and a lot of the games didnt seem to work.. I bet this will be sorted asap once the folks their have time to test the submissions on the real thing.

There did seem to possibly, maybe, depending on the game, appear to be some lag... its possible that really fast shooter stuff may have problems, but I seriously spent like ten minutes playing some games so I dont know what Im talking about.. forgot to try linerider :)

Slower online flash - based multiplayer games I bet are very nice though... I managed to login no problem to my yahoo mail account, so all javascript is definitely not turned off... I hadnt thought of it, but I bet at least all the yahoo online games would work flawlessly.

Sighs Im Here Listenin Ta Vgm Just Waitin. Dont Wunna Go On Tube U <---- (Funny) like doin that but yea dont wunna go there yet have a lotta vids i knoe i wunna c built up in my head.. Whooo

re: pictures, no, there is no "right mouse button" or anything of that sort.. also sadly why you cant just increase the font size with a scroll like you can on a well designed website.

there is not even a copy and paste that I can see so you could grab the url of an image.

Im madly thinking of ways I can do this at least for myself... But even an automatic emailing of a pic to your wii from a website would require you to type in the whole address of the image, pretty painful on the wii... If opera does frames, and I havent checked this, there may be a way to load an image url (location) into one frame, and have a button in the top frame that emails you the image to your wii.... After I registered my gmail email with picasso image software and the wii, I am able to email a pic to the wii quickly, hopefully someone real soon will come up with a web based, wii capable similar solution quickly??

but, yeh, sucks, no you cant..

Back